Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:33pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your Martial Arts Sucks, Bullshido says so...

Does anyone else ever feel preachy when they tell people about Bullshido? I feel a lot of times that I'm a Jehova's witness shoving people tracts. Except, I'm telling them that this place we're training at DOES suck, and you need to check out this site, it's a great resource, if you'd like, I could arrange a private visit and explain more*, yadda yadda...

I want to know how to go about spreading the word of this site to people (read:TKiDiots) without seeming too pushy. In the mean time, I'm just going to have to keep punching people in their headgear....

*This is sarcasm, I'm not that annoying. Most of the time.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beat their ass into the ground, and leave a business card on their remains.

If you wan't to know how I beat you this badly,

visit me at the school where I train.

First lesson Free.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was referred to the site and read the articles on AK and Coda the magnificent, before finding the forum. The forum was so entertaining that I keep coming back. It's not too hard to find a good laugh or good advice from people who will talk about their experience. I would and will advise people to check this site out. It does kind of make you feel all preachy when you try to talk someone in to checking it out. (Go out and spread the word you bullshido mormons)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:51pm

Style: Just Muay Thai for now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just don't say anything until someone starts talking about the effectiveness of their MA or what they'd do in a fight, then just start a discussion about it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't know why you'd drag bullshido's good name into your personal affairs.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 2:43pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People that know me know how much I hate computers. I told one person about how I get on a forum and argue the effectiveness of martial arts, he was shocked. So Bullshido is my own dirty little secret I suppose. And the fashion forum I get on. Santiago FTW! (ask your wife)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 5:41pm

Style: Tae Kwon Did

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Usually I don't tell my friends about bullshido because they personally don't like martial arts. I came here from another forum since some of the members would pull up articles from Bullshido and used the same stuff of warning people of Mcdojos like they use here at bullshido.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most TMAists have swallowed the kool aid so much that they just don't want to know. For those that say the magic word ('effectiveness'), I tell them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 7:00pm

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most regular people get weirded out by any serious discussion of martial arts, so I hardly ever bring it up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 7:49pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kismasher
    i don't know why you'd drag bullshido's good name into your personal affairs.
    Mainly because I'm a terrible, terrible person, and I'm trying to single handedly ruin this site with my promotion of its goals to newbs everywhere.

But a lot of people think they have the real thing, as you may or may not have noticed, and I, being the nosey idiot I am, try to tell them (and of course prove to them, too) that they're really not as good as they think. Also the promotion of this site helps to give me better sparring partners, thus better practice and skill level. If they don't like it, then they are obviously fucked, as far as I am concerned. I see this site, in my naive little way, as a beacon of hope amongst so many failure TMAs which I am still battling against (again, naively). One day I'll grow up and realize that there's nothing I can do, but until then, I'm going to continually patrol like an idiot and try to help people who think that they're getting d34dly sk1llZ at the McDojo.

I do realize that many people are happy being the sucker that was born in that one minute, but I hope to try and cure the cancer before it gets to them. I'm an idiot, and an idealist. I'm sorry, but I'll grow up soon, I'm sure.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast