Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 9:08am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJ Penn accusing Sherk of being on steroids

Sorry if this has been posted before. It's a recent BJ Penn interview. His comments on Sherk were really shitty though. He blatantly states that he believed Sherk was on gear (Deca) despite the fact that his test results were slightly above normal (12 as opposed to 7 I believe). I can see people accusing Royce of doing it considering his were off the charts, but Sherks results were definitely questionable. From what I understand nandralone readings can be high if you do the following 2 in combination (the third is questionable):

1) Adhere a high protein diet
    2) Do tons of cardio
    3) Take creatine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G937AMk-24
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 10/11/2007 9:16am at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 10:28am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was posted a while ago (can't find the link, though). Anyways, the way Sherk trains and the absurd musculature he posseses year-round despite his intense training leads me to believe BJ is right. He got to be juicing just to keep up with that training.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 10:53am

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He looks like a friggin bodybuilder. Have you ever actually seen a true natural bodybuilder? The few that I have just looked like a normal strong athletic guy. Sherk does not look like a normal guy. I've got to question where those layers and layers of muscle come from.

In high school a lot of the guys on my football team lifted weights relentlessly, took creatine, and were at the peak of their natural physical athleticism. Some were very good athletes that went on to wrestle and play ball in college. Yet none of them looked anything like the muscle shark.

I know that some people have freaky good genetics. But Sherk looks more ripped than many roided bodybuilders when he is not working a bodybuilding weightlifting routine (I assume), and isn't even posing and flexing. I'm very suspicious as to how he does this.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, there was another link that said the Sherk was on 12 and that they (the state commission) consider 6 high, so it's open for debate.

I believe that Sherk is on the juice, but also he's on a high protein, high cardio and probably takes creatine, so maybe not all 12% is juice, but there could be some involve (IMHO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly. Also, the fact I believe he's on the juice doesn't take away his skills, motivation and papaya-sized balls. It's not like he inject himself and the goes to play Halo. He pushes himself.

But BJ is right in that it gives an unfair advantage in an sport where you can get really fucked and injured.

No single natural bodybuilder I've seen (specially those under 5'7") look like that. No way. The type of training he does would consume him. It is not conductive of keeping that amount of muscle. No way, no way, no way.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:20am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people have ridiculous genetic gifts so it's not out of the realm for them to look like Sherk.

It's the insane training regimen that would lead someone to make the assumption. Didn't Sherk get busted for them after his last title defense against Franca?

Love the quote BTW Neko.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He got busted, don't know if he challenged the test results or not. I just cannot believe someone can bust his ass the way he does without losing all that mass, not without juicing or being some genetically-engineered Sauron superhuman.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people have ridiculous genetic gifts so it's not out of the realm for them to look like Sherk.

It's the insane training regimen that would lead someone to make the assumption. Didn't Sherk get busted for them after his last title defense against Franca?

Love the quote BTW Neko.
    is not beyond the realm of possible for him to be that way, however it seems so improbable that it raises questions, in top of that you put his test after the Franca fight and it raises more questions (Sherk looks like Baroni's mini me)

Man, I cracked up when you posted that, so I had to use it in my signature

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    He got busted, don't know if he challenged the test results or not. I just cannot believe someone can bust his ass the way he does without losing all that mass, not without juicing or being some genetically-engineered Sauron superhuman.
    He disputed the test results, I believe that's why we haven't heard much from him lately, I guess somebody less lazy than myself should do a search and see what they can come up with

EDIT.

Ok, apparently I didn't need the real google-fu, here's a link to his official site

http://seansherk.com/?p=59

The post was posted on July 23rd. and for some reason beyond my imagination the comments on it are "Off"
    Last edited by El Neko; 10/11/2007 11:36am at .

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also this

Adam Swift of UFC Daily is reporting via Dave Meltzer that Sean Sherk has passed a lie detector test concerning his usage of steroids:
    Sean Sherk passed a lie detector test saying that he did not knowingly use steroids. While certainly not conclusive, it can’t hurt his chances at getting his suspension over turned or at the very least reduced.

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/category/Sean-Sherk/

and this

08/06/2007
    California Athletic Commission Grants Continuance For Sean Sherk

LAS VEGAS,

NV August 6, 2007 – At a hearing in Los Angeles today, the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) granted a continuance for UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk’s appeal of his positive test for the banned substance “Nandrolone” after his July 7th win over Hermes Franca at UFC 73 in Sacramento.
    Sherk’s attorney Howard L. Jacobs requested the continuance to allow time to acquire documentation from the laboratory where the drug tests were conducted.
    Hermes Franca, who tested positive for “Drostanolone” after his July 7 bout with Sherk, was also present at today’s hearing. Franca admitted to taking the substance and the CSAC suspended him for one year beginning July 7 and fined him $2,500.
    It is expected that Sherk’s continued appeal will take place at the CSAC’s next meeting in October.
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=7152

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast