Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    No ****. plus i'd imagine the weight would lend to increased controllability.

Ultimately the 18 is an OH MY FUCKING **** weapon and if you're in an OH MY FUCKING **** situation then you want an assload of bullets.
    True dat.

I've never had an opportunity to fire the Glock 18 with that type of mag, but I don't know if the weight of the magazine would decrease the muzzle rise that much during firing - especially with the ammunition depleting that quickly. It'd be interesting to try out, though.

But if beggars could be choosers in a pinch, I'd still take an M4 with the Beta C.

Ammo and firepower are like penis size - you can always have too little, but you can never have enough.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 2:40pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From a physics standpoint, the muzzle rise would only be affected slightly, because of W=Fd (fulcrum= hand, W= torque, F from weight, dx being small). Any real benefit in rise reduction would probably just come from the fact that you're holding it that much more firmly due to the added weight.

On the other hand, it could help on a rifle, as dx would increase.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On another note, this is awesome: https://www.pagerpal.com/wallet.asp

Mugger: "Gimme your wallet. God, what a fat wallet; I can see it from a mile away- you must have a crapload of bills in there."

You: "Sure. Lots of bills." *laugh your ass off*

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 2:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see why you wouldn't just get a SMG if you needed something like that, I mean yes way more bullets than a standard pistol but the longer barrel and tighter spiral from say an MP5 would more efficent I think. Still a cool Glock

(joined in July and I have 6 posts lol)

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 3:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameanman
    I don't see why you wouldn't just get a SMG if you needed something like that, I mean yes way more bullets than a standard pistol but the longer barrel and tighter spiral from say an MP5 would more efficent I think. Still a cool Glock

I believe the point was: "Just because we can."

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 3:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameanman

Obviously, you're correct. An H&K MP5 or an FN P90 trumps the Glock 18 by a longshot.

There are certain types of work (such as CPP or bodyguard work, for example) that, at times, may require a firearm such as the Glock 18, because it still has a high rate of fire like an SMG, but is much more low profile and can be concealed easier.

Of course the Beta C magazine is useless for that type of purpose, but the Glock 18 does have 30 round magazines available, for military and law enforcment units.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 4:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate, JuJutzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But this BetaC mag makes sense if you want your Glock18c to spit bullets longer then... like one and a half seconds.
    (about twenty rounds per second is the ROF of this beast, aye?)

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 4:31pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    On another note, this is awesome: https://www.pagerpal.com/wallet.asp

Mugger: "Gimme your wallet. God, what a fat wallet; I can see it from a mile away- you must have a crapload of bills in there."

You: "Sure. Lots of bills." *laugh your ass off*
    I might actually get that. That's a Kel-Tec, either a PF-9 or P-11. They're the thinnest 9MM you can buy so they wouldn't be that thick compared to someone who usually carries a lot of crap in their wallet.

Nice.

Edit: hurr, would help if I read the description... it's a P-3AT. What I get for posting while my stupid work computer lags its way to a new window.

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 4:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinBandit
    (about twenty rounds per second is the ROF of this beast, aye?)
    You're correct. Of course, this depends on the ammunition used....generally the ROF on the Glock 18 ranges from 1100 - 1300 rounds per minute. So yeah...on average, you're looking at about 20 rounds per second.

I forgot to mention also, in my last post, that this kind of pistol is also ideal for some tactical units because it's easier to use in tight quarters than an SMG.

But since a pistol is generally used as a secondary firearm by tactical units, it'd likely be used in extreme circumstances (ie. primary weapon jams/fails).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 5:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate, JuJutzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Phoenix:

Aye you´re right, a small and maneuverable backup firearm that can put five or six rounds into a target with one short pull of the trigger would definitely be a good thing to have in very tight quarters.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast