Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 3:43pm

Style: BJJ, MT, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update:

I just got a couple of emails from Mickey. He spelled "Mother" as in "M*ther f*cker" with a d . . . as in "stupid white muder f*cker".

Here's the email:
    -------------------------------
    hey!!fucking gerald harris.
    i know that your very poor, if you have time, work more and feed your family.
    don't spend time on internet stupid white muder f[u]cker...^^*
    nothings gonna change man...i'm a black belt you are just poor...kekeke
    ------------------------------

I've tried not to let this get to me but it has. I openly challenge Mickey to prove his blackbelt status. In fact, come take mine if you can. I will galdly have an arm tied to my side and we can go for submissions only, no time limit, no points. You're a coward Mickey. I'd gladly say that to your face actually I look forward to the day when I get the chance to say it to your face . . . but it won't happen because you are a coward, a liar, a con-artist.

He's actually talking sh*t about my kids in other emails.

Mickey will be surprised by the kind of reach we have here with Machado Utah. We kept quiet for far too long because he used to be a freind and we were doing everything we could to not air our dirty laundry in public . . . but the gloves are off.

If Mickey ever wants to prove that he has legitimate black belt skills then I challenge him to come and take mine. I will gladly agree to a no time limit, no techniques barred, no point, submission only match with one arm tied to my side. If he can beat me then he can take my belt.

It'll never happen, he'll never accept . . . and Korea isn't out of range.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 5:59pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow... lame...
    why did he go to korea of all places? Is BJJ the tits over there right now? Or is it easy for him to hide?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is probably an alternative that could be easily ferreted out by reading the thread title.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/10/2009 12:58pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTeefa
    wow... lame...
    why did he go to korea of all places? Is BJJ the tits over there right now? Or is it easy for him to hide?
    Little bit of both. BJJ has been rapidly gaining in popularity ever since the first Spirit MC event in 2003. John Frankl is operating a school there and is the man to see when it comes to BJJ in Korea.

On the flip side it is not wide spread enough yet for the general populace to be able to determine what is quality BJJ and what is BS. Before Choi even arrived on the scene there was a Korean guy back in probably 2001 claiming BJJ creds in Seoul, he stopped advertising pretty quickly when Mr. Frankl and his top student showed up on his doorstep and submitted all his students easily. Didn't stop teaching mind you, just stopped advertising it as BJJ.

As I've said before in other threads when I left in 2003 there was no less than 3 BJJ clubs in Seoul 2 of which could be traced back to Frankl and 1 club down in Pusan that could also be traced back to him. I have no idea how many clubs are around now. I believe there are a few other clubs around now, one of them may already be claiming affiliation with Machado but I can't be sure.
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2009 8:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Little bit of both. BJJ has been rapidly gaining in popularity ever since the first Spirit MC event in 2003. John Frankl is operating a school there and is the man to see when it comes to BJJ in Korea.

On the flip side it is not wide spread enough yet for the general populace to be able to determine what is quality BJJ and what is BS. Before Choi even arrived on the scene there was a Korean guy back in probably 2001 claiming BJJ creds in Seoul, he stopped advertising pretty quickly when Mr. Frankl and his top student showed up on his doorstep and submitted all his students easily. Didn't stop teaching mind you, just stopped advertising it as BJJ.

As I've said before in other threads when I left in 2003 there was no less than 3 BJJ clubs in Seoul 2 of which could be traced back to Frankl and 1 club down in Pusan that could also be traced back to him. I have no idea how many clubs are around now. I believe there are a few other clubs around now, one of them may already be claiming affiliation with Machado but I can't be sure.
    I see, its shocking the he seems to think he is going to get away with this. Is John Frankl in the loop on this one? Does he know what Mickey is up to?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 1:37pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTeefa
    I see, its shocking the he seems to think he is going to get away with this. Is John Frankl in the loop on this one? Does he know what Mickey is up to?
    Go back to post #4 and scroll about half way down the page to the 12.16.2008 entry and you'll get the answer to your question. As well as a wealth of info on the BJJ scene in Asia.
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 2:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Go back to post #4 and scroll about half way down the page to the 12.16.2008 entry and you'll get the answer to your question. As well as a wealth of info on the BJJ scene in Asia.
    wow.... I fail
    reading comprehension is a bitch
    :englishmo
    Sorry to derail the thread.
    I really hope this guy gets what's coming to him. It is my dream to own a gym and be a great black belt and great teacher. But I can't imagine wanting to skip the years of hard training with your friends. Travelling to shows and tournaments. Partying way too hard after your fights whether you won or lost....
    Why would you want to skip that?

I hope somebody in korea kicks this guy in the face
    Last edited by NoTeefa; 1/11/2009 2:49pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 3:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJColdfusion

I've tried not to let this get to me but it has. I openly challenge Mickey to prove his blackbelt status. In fact, come take mine if you can. I will galdly have an arm tied to my side and we can go for submissions only, no time limit, no points. You're a coward Mickey. I'd gladly say that to your face actually I look forward to the day when I get the chance to say it to your face . . . but it won't happen because you are a coward, a liar, a con-artist.
    While I can appreciate anyone can have grievances with another is it really helpful to make such open challenges in this manner?

My understanding of MA, and I'll readily admit it is pretty limited, is that it teaches among other things restraint and respect. Now, I see from your account this person seems to be behaving in an objectionable fashion, but does it really help the situation for you too resort to a similar manner?

If the guy isn't a black belt he'll be found out in due course anyway so just let it drop.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 3:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain
    While I can appreciate anyone can have grievances with another is it really helpful to make such open challenges in this manner?
    Please, go look at Martial History and legends. Actually, this is exactly how it was handled. You claim something you prove it. When we got away from this, we now have numerous fake arts.

My understanding of MA, and I'll readily admit it is pretty limited, is that it teaches among other things restraint and respect. Now, I see from your account this person seems to be behaving in an objectionable fashion, but does it really help the situation for you too resort to a similar manner?
    It's funny that damn near every art's founder fought, accpeted challenges, and tested their art. Then suddenly, centuries later MA is about restraint. After doing research I know why (from a CMA perspective) but, it still is funny. What you are talking about is relatively new.

If the guy isn't a black belt he'll be found out in due course anyway so just let it drop.
    Nope. He shouldn't let it drop. Letting things how is how Frank Dux, Tiger Klay, Ashida Kim, get strong footholds.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 4:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On this note, I have a strange question and feel free to move it.
    Am I "obligated" or "expected" to point out beyond any doubt (aka. challange and beat) a teacher and his "art" sucks? There are a lot of people who do not "believe" but also try to avoid pressure testing their stuff and I am not that big of an ass hole (yeah hard to believe) to go and force them to see their wrongs in training.

For example after may travels and training in other schools/arts going back to one of my old schools, I just thought the training sucks and was compliant (the entire class I was forced to hold back and make minimal contact if at all).
    But I respect the trainers and know them for several years and also friends with them so I don't wana go there and shove it in their face. As a result I just don't go there anymore. While this resolves the problem for me, the initial question/problem remains and I can't say that I am happy about that.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast