Posted On:
    10/11/2007 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On another note, Blake indeed fucked up his knee :(

http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog/2007...nal-episode-4/

Hughes - I was not disappointed with Blake’s fight. He went out there and gave it his all, but you just cannot help an injury like that. I do know that he had to have surgery after the show, so something was definitely wrong with his knee.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:55am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UFC.com
    He would go on to have a full ACL replacement eight weeks ago, and is now forced to the sidelines until Spring of 2008.
    That sucks...read the full article here.

edit: on an unrelated note, I hate century with a passion and just found out on the UFC's website that they're switching to Century as the provider of their gloves. What the hell is that about? http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8194
    Last edited by Wolf; 10/11/2007 12:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:33pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed that too.... century gloves? why not combat sports or something else?

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in Hughes defense, what do you expect him to say? "****, that was a good pick...you're fucked bro" ?
    I lol'd.

Yeah, that knee thing was wierd. Hightower was definitely throwing some bombs boht on the feet and after Blake went down. Looked like his legs buckled from being rocked, to me. Still, it appears he does have a real knee problem too.

As for the ribs, I effed mine up before I competed in my one wrestling tournament. Really hurt, and I could hardly bend over to tie my shoes. (Never went to the Dr., though). So I can see how an injury like that, combined with a gimpy knee could really affect someone's game.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And hey, what's wrong with Century??? I have a pair of 12oz century gloves and they are fantastic. Fantastic big poofy pillows on the ends of my arms. They were pretty cheap though...

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:47pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtail
    Wow. If Blakes knee did go out I hate that he lost like that....
    Good lord now they are talking about Dim Mak on the show that came up next.:bs:
    I would give the "crap of death" a little more credibility. I turned off the TV after that, I swear!
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:48pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    And hey, what's wrong with Century??? I have a pair of 12oz century gloves and they are fantastic. Fantastic big poofy pillows on the ends of my arms. They were pretty cheap though...
    that's the problem...because they're inexpensive they're usually made pretty poorly. I've never known a century product to hold up well over time.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All joking aside, you gotta figure they have higher end or "pro" stuff. I can't imagine they're dolling out the $19.99 gloves I bought at the Big 5 to the guys on TUF.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They do have some high quality Gi products, my gi pants are Century and they are awesome. Drawstring + Elastic bad, a back pocket, and very very very durable.
    Every pair of century sparring gear I bought for TKD disintegrated within 12 months though. The 2 pairs of 12oz boxing gloves I got are ok, but by no means high quality. They are good enough for me to punch the bag with now and again, but I can tell that the inside is already starting to come apart and with heavy wear there are going to fall apart completely.
    So, I sure as hell HOPE they have a pro line that's not made out of crap like that....

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:13pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about gloves, but in a lot of sports they take a high-end bespoke product and slap the sponsors logo on.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast