Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 1:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kenpo -- I just saw that as well, and frankly am wondering how the Admin can know this. I am not really up on the mechanics of Email, but I thought you go through a service, surely what you send can't be traced back further than that. So how can they possibly know this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 3:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I am not GeorgeForeman so no, I don't have anything to worry about.

I suspect that "GeorgeForeman" posted a real rap sheet, but it was another man with the same name. The giveaway was the wrong DOB. Anyone reading that and who knows DRD's real age could see right away it wasn't him.

And SVL, I still think it was you given that you sent me emails bragging about (a) what a good troll you are; and (b) how you were making everyone think you and the other new trolls were me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 3:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kenpo, I emailed ADCC Admin asking that he confirm it wasn't me. I basically said "fine, you banned me.. but what's going on now is bullshit. tell 'em it aint me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 3:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ruk -- yeah, I saw the Admin statement.

But how can they know that you are not still posting there, under a different account or IP?? And if they can know this, why did they ban you?? (if you are not GeorgeForeman...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 3:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was banned last night before all of this crap went down. I am still not sure why I was banned because I didn't do anything totally crazy on my way out. JUST POSTING IN ALL CAPS AND CRAP like that.

Yes, in theory I could have different IPs. I could log in from a friends house, or the library or what have you. Anyone can. But whatever. GeorgeForeman wasn't the IP used by either Ruk or Kurami and I think that was enough for Admin to say it wasn't me. I bet Admin did a trace and found this Foreman character to be nowhere near where I reside.

I do feel bad not because of anything I did, but perhaps that this happened because some jackass decided he wanted to "top" everything I've done before and have it look like I did it.

Like Alte7nate, I just do my schtick. I don't know how to hack, and I've never been interested in really hurting people - imagine how easy it would have been to email Hunter's nudie pics to Gokor?

Edited by - ruk on October 05 2002 03:55:32

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 12:14pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ruk, if ADCC says it's not you that's good enough for me. But if you're not svl then he is a friend of yours. Also I know you're "Skip" and the skip thing was funny. I'm just glad you're not GeorgeForman nothing funny bout that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not Skip, and SVL is no friend; SVL has sent emails taunting me about how he is making people think that I am him (SVL), Skip, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is just the internet, so I try (don't always succeed) to keep some perspective. The Kurami posts/threads up to your ban, were pretty tame, and when I logged on and saw you banned, and saw the DRD trashing, I made the connection. But if Foreman (or whoever did it) is still on ADCC, what the hey were you banned for? Your worst period had passed, and you said you were, and seemed to be, limited to one weird thread a day. Well, since I am a curious and obnoxious Ahole, I think I will ask them, even though they told me to STFU.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well to be clear, my being banned had nothing to do with GeorgeForeman. I was banned the night before this happened. The odd thing is that GeorgeForeman has not been banned.

I *could* go back with another name, but I am not going to. I lurking the forum right now, but I am done as a poster there.

Contrary to the paranoia there, I've basically been only one poster on ADCC... Ruk... Kurami was "I am Ruk" backwards, so I don't even consider that an attempt to pull the wool over anyone's eyes (who had an IQ above 100, that is)..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ruk -- One thing I want to know, is why you were banned, especially if it came before the Foreman thing. Is that something to care to provide? I can understand you might not want to...
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast