Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 11:57pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thorthe power
    If I didn't know better I'd swear you worked on my department....I couldn't have stated it any better. RBSD assholes like that make me sick. I've come to realize these types of individuals are very insecure with themselves.
    Fixed that for you. Don't you have to pass some sort of writing and spelling test to become an LEO? I did.

I blame your lazy, civilian attitude. Shape up and quit slacking off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 10:24am

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol and 10-4! Doing push-ups now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 12:00pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    All I can say melk, is that 7.62 is probably the LAST round I would want to use inside a home or in a residential neighborhood. It's ballistic qualities were designed for a specific purpose. It is a long range penetration round, where what you need is something short to medium range which fragments nicely.

You're partial to the AK - maybe a galil in 5.56 would suit you well, but I would not use a 7.62 indoors. Penetration issues notwithstanding - you will deafen yourself. Especially the way you seem to want to unload. Consider a suppressor.

Shotguns spread about one inch per yard - not a lot at all. Were you to use something like birdshot, you would DEVASTATE the BG at CQB range while not having to worry about overpen.
    I suggest AK's because they are cheap. Personally, having had the chance to fire one, I prefer the Tavor, but they cost like at least twice an AR15/M16, at least. Currently I am working on getting issued one... that is the upside to being a reservist, even an auxillary reservist. While I have no doubt that a 7.62 would leave me deaf immediately following(I have tried it without ear-protection at an indoor range just to see how bad it would be), my home currently has foot thick stone walls on the interior and two foot on the exterior, I am really not that worried about overpenetration. A 7.62 will only sink about an inch into this stuff, as atested to by the many battle scarred walls in the neighborhood.

As far as unloading, or putting a lot of lead down range in fast order, if you are refering to the PraMek pistol video... yes that is the basic training for a panic shoot(by panic shoot, I mean a guy is charging you with a knife or other deadly implement).

I do not disagree that a shot-gun is a great CQB weapon, I have ballistic tested several different types of shot, and seen the damage it does to gelatin(homemade not professional though made to the same specs). Personally I would have no qualms with using one. My problems lie in two things, one I like to be familiar with what I am shooting and thus practice with it at least on a semi-regular basis. Second they are illegal here, yep that's right you can own a Galil(full auto), an M16(full auto), have a Tavor, and a(as in one per citizen) pistol as a backup, but you cannot own a shotgun... They are wierd gun control laws, I know, but they are what I have to deal with.

As far as suggesting a shot-gun to a novice, as I have previously stated, and if I gave the opposite impression I am sorry, I am not an expert, rather a rather informed consumer, and thus was offering my informed opinion. From what I have read in the sources I have cited before shotguns require more advanced training.

I was not trying to put down shotguns as CQB or defensive weapons... just stating that without that training you may be better off with something else.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 2:49pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen the PraMek video, which is a stupid shame because they're inexpensive and Pramek is as close as I'll ever get to A. A. Kadochnikov.

And honestly, you and I can nitpick and bicker forever about little things, but as long as you can ventilate the asshole before he ventilates you the screw the fine points. Just try not to hit any bystanders.:qleft3:
    Last edited by SFGOON; 11/10/2007 2:51pm at .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456