Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 10:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ron Balicki's WC Sucks? Because I don't know the difference.

I was wasting time on Youtube, yesterday, looking at Bruce Lee clips, when I came across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c99MkBYq7Fo

I was taken aback by what seemed to be a chunner having some success in what looked like real fights in a real ring. So I did a little research, found that Balicki is a stuntman, bodyguard, trained in shooto, and fought in Vale Tudo. I found his fight record, one win by decision, one loss by armbar.
    I posted a comment on the video which went something like,

Wing Chun is crappy self defense. This video makes it look like this guy kicked ass, but he fought twice in vale tudo [that might have been wrong] won by decision over a 2 - 3 fighter, then lost by armbar in the first round.

I don't know exactly what I said because he deleted my comment. Then he sent me this email:

Why can't we be friends?
    Hey Pal,

You talk really tuff on the web. Anytime you want to try your luck come and see me. I would love to have a go at a puss like yourself. I see by your bio you live in Turkey, no wonder why you have an attitude like you do. I would be pissed if I lived there too.

In the mean time go **** your mother. If your not sure which one she is I can help you. She's the on with the beard and a cock in her mouth. Best wishes.
    Ron Balicki

Then he replaced my comment with this one:
    Thanks! Everybody"s trying to make a name for themselves. Some people choose to work at it in the gym, others go on the web and talk.

This is funny for so many reasons. First, by replying to some radom commenter on Youtube, and then deleting my comment in less than a day he's shown that he's really sensitive about his fight record. Second, he calls me an an internet "tuff" guy, talks about how some people talk while others work at the gym, while he's on the internet censoring negative comments about his video every day, and sending out nasty emails. Oh and third, he shows he's an extra big ass by insulting Turkey, which is where I'm getting my graduate degree (Econ) at a much better school than he's ever attended.

Now, granted, I'm sure Ronny boy can kick my ass. But his video looks like weapons-grade bolonga-um. Anyone know anything about the guy?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me get this straight ...

This guy trains and enters competitive MA arenas, and you think he's BS because he hates you. You decided this because he **** talked you in a PM and deleted your 1st comment - a comment on WC (he's a JKD guy) which complains that a highlight reel promotional for an instructional DVD makes the guy look good.

Regardless of the contents of the video, what is the point of your thread given the purpose of this sub-forum (MABS)?
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 10/08/2007 10:25pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 11:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did not decide he's BS. I understand that he's a JKD guy but his JKD video looks like wing chun, and looks like BS. He might be a very good fighter. I couldn't find much info on him. That's why I'm asking. I was hoping to elicit discussion on someone who may or may not be a "questionable Martial Artist."
    Last edited by PunchyMcFace; 10/08/2007 11:28pm at .

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 12:33am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace
    I did not decide he's BS. I understand that he's a JKD guy but his JKD video looks like wing chun, and looks like BS. He might be a very good fighter. I couldn't find much info on him. That's why I'm asking. I was hoping to elicit discussion on someone who may or may not be a "questionable Martial Artist."

ONE of his JKD videos looks like WC..........from the waist up. The kicks and footwork are pretty straight savate. He also has filipino boxing videos(pretty straight dirty boxing stuff with takedowns), kali videos(which are lotsa dead patterns, but the guy produces people that do well at Cold Steel), and is HIGHLY trained in shooto(like Erik Paulsen level of good). He's a LOT more than a WC guy, and you may legitimately disagree about how much his WC training contributed to his overall fighting skill, but it's something you'd actually have to discuss, rather than getting to assume.

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 12:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Let me get this straight ...

This guy trains and enters competitive MA arenas, and you think he's BS because he hates you. You decided this because he **** talked you in a PM and deleted your 1st comment - a comment on WC (he's a JKD guy) which complains that a highlight reel promotional for an instructional DVD makes the guy look good.

Regardless of the contents of the video, what is the point of your thread given the purpose of this sub-forum (MABS)?
    To correct, I believe that Ron did recieve WC training independently of his Jun Fan training under Guro Dan

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 1:54am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ron was also Steven Seagal's bodyguard once upon a time, and he married Dan Inosanto's hot, hot daughter. He started out as Dan's student, so if Dan let his kid marry the guy, that's a pretty good endorsement.

I use to have Balicki's JKD book, which was ok, I guess. I'm not digging his WC. Don't get me wrong, I STILL use some WC, but I just don't dig his strategy. He did a tape for Cold Steel on how to use a Sarong as a weapon. He shows off some crappy silat in it.

His book is one of the few JKD books to cover not just barehanded striking and grappling, but weapons too. He has several pages dedicated to the stick and knife. He did a sequence that I think is the best advice I have ever seen in a knife fighting instructional. He pulls a knife on his unarmed student, and instead of the guy defending like in the previous examples, he just runs away.

If he ever posts here, I'll positive rep him for his Youtube comments.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 6:56am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It does not appear you are interested in getting discussion on whether he may or may not be a questionable martial artist. It appears you want to say his WC sucks. (HE'S A JKD GUY!)

Moving to YMAS. Original Title:
    "Is Ron Balicki BS? Because he hates me"

(I'll move the thread back if it goes another way.)
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main opinion of Ron is the same as it is of most good Insosanto instructors- He can kick your ass, and his long-term students probably can too. However, he doesn't cut fat very much, so if you're learning from him, you'll probably spend a bit of time doing complex drills that may not contribute directly to your ass-kicking. Also, the way he teaches the shoot is a little goofy.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know anything about the guy?
    Yes, he is Daniel Inosanto's son-in-law and you are a douchebag. He knows more about martial arts than you could possibly ever know. Instead of randomly starting **** with people you don't know, perhaps you should do some home work...or at least have an opened mind.
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and PunchyMcFace, this is his wife...

http://www.ronbalicki.com/about_di.htm

So he wins again...
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast