Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 11:09am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I chose a revolver for 75% Aesthetics, and 25% ease-of-use.

There really is nothing to maintaining this thing. It will never misfire, jam, or require expensive repairs (Yay Taurus lifetime guarantee!)

And it makes me think of G-men, "the streets of San Francisco," and "Death Wish."

If I can't kill the zombie with 5 rounds of .357 then I'm obviously doing it wrong!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pay no attention to those naysayers. That is an excellent choice and an excellent gun. Congrats!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 12:45pm

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool ****, one thing a few friends did back in high school was grab two 357.s and load up with blanks while chugging miller lite and danced around pulling the trigger and enjoying the sound of the guns all night. One thing about Iowa is you have alot of farms or alot of places where you can do wacky **** without kidding harassed by the cops. However my ears hurt for two days after that. But man was it fun

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally, I am one of you guys now!
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Chief.
    :)

Seriously, if you want a revolver and you're too dumb to get a .22, a .357 makes a lot of sense. It never has to see a .357 load in its life. Don't just assume you have to carry .357, either. There are good .38 loads out there, including +P rounds that bridge the gap between .38 and .357 performance.

I would not have recommended a snub for your first gun, but if you're going to carry it, you have to get something you're comfortable carrying.

Do NOT assume that a revolver can't break or jam. Semi-automatic handguns suffer several feeding and ejection malfunctions that revolvers don't (simply because a revolver does not feed a round into the chamber nor eject a casing from it--you do it manually) but that doesn't mean they're foolproof.

A revolver will rarely break on you, and it can't misfeed or fail to eject. But it's still mechanical. It relies on springs, levers, hands, pawls and other lockwork and it can and will break. The tradeoff is that when a revolver does jam or break, it's usually something you need a gunsmith to fix. The semi-auto may misfeed or fail to eject, but both those can usually be cleared by the user so he can continue to fight.

But bottom line . . . . blued revolvers are cool.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 2:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I chose .357 because it takes both .38 and .357 mag.

I have put many rounds of both through several different revolvers and definitely like them.

I almost went with a .45, but I wanted something that looked cool and was EASY to conceal. This little guy fits just about anywhere, and doesn't drag my pants down.

And please don't get confused with "first gun." I know people who have owned guns for ten years who haven't put as many rounds downrange as I have. I just never had one of my own before. ;)
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crazy ass gun nuts.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper

The light frame and short barrel are gonna take some getting used to...
    Thats part of my point. As a first timer I would have gone with something I'm more familiar with , especially if I was going to CC it.

Its all good though. I would take Phrosts advice on changing the hammer.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 3:04pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the club Andy :) And yes you have fired at least a thousand rounds in the last six months.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 3:15pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam..I've fired 1000 rounds in the last 3 weeks!
    Last edited by Scrapper; 10/08/2007 3:19pm at .

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 5:25pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats... Excellent choice IMHO.

The carry and home protection is not an option here in Canada (unless you are one of the thousands with illegal guns in Toronto), but I do appreciate a nice wheel gun.

Since you didn't go out and buy a .44 mag, or Desert Eagle, I assume you have no "issues" that need compensating.

Smith + Wesson - the original point and click interface.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast