Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:14am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Finally, I am one of you guys now!

My latest purchase, and my first ever firearm!

I've been shooting with Sam B. and his crew for a while now, and apparently I don't suck. So I decided to pick up a nice little carry piece. It's a little gun, but I feel that it packs sufficient punch to stop any potential zombie assault. I also have a weakness for wheelguns and guns that remind me of old cop shows. Ergo, I give you "lil' Scrappy."

Caliber .357 Magnum, 2" barrel, 24 oz. I can wear this in the back of my waistband with a T-shirt and you won't even see a bulge. It weighs almost nothing.

With .38 Special, I shot consistently shot 8-inch groups at 15 yards, the magnum loads are going to take some practice. It was all I could do to keep them on the paper at 15 yards.

A retarded monkey could maintain, disassemble and clean this thing. 150 rounds through it and I am a very happy camper right now.

Feel free to congratulate me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taurus_31382.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	8409  

And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're first gun and you bought a .357?!?!?!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:32am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh, it shoots .38 loads so i figure that's all good.

PS: Revolver? Gross.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:32am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    My latest purchase, and my first ever firearm!

I've been shooting with Sam B. and his crew for a while now, and apparently I don't suck. So I decided to pick up a nice little carry piece. It's a little gun, but I feel that it packs sufficient punch to stop any potential zombie assault. I also have a weakness for wheelguns and guns that remind me of old cop shows. Ergo, I give you "lil' Scrappy."

Caliber .357 Magnum, 2" barrel, 24 oz. I can wear this in the back of my waistband with a T-shirt and you won't even see a bulge. It weighs almost nothing.

With .38 Special, I shot consistently shot 8-inch groups at 15 yards, the magnum loads are going to take some practice. It was all I could do to keep them on the paper at 15 yards.

A retarded monkey could maintain, disassemble and clean this thing. 150 rounds through it and I am a very happy camper right now.

Nice choice.

I used to have a S&W 586 L-frame with an Aimpoint 5000 scope on it, and Pachmyer grips (sp.). I really liked it. It was very accurate, and a breeze to maintain.

Enjoy.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:41am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper

Congrats ! I like it .

Now do you have a shotgun suggestion that fits the above criteria ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 8:49am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep working on your trigger pull. Remember, to squeeze gently, until you're at the breaking point, and then squeeze a wee bit more.

Keep practicing with some lightly loaded .38 special wadcutters with this technique, and I'd bet that you tighten up those 8" groups to 4" after a few days.

If you find the blast of a full house .357 magnum load to be too much at first, you can certainly carry Remington's medium velocity .357 magnum loads. They fire out a 125 grain bullet to about 1200+ fps, which is about the same as the hotter 9 mm +P loads (a very respectable performer).

Also, Speer makes a short-barrel Gold Dot load for the .357 magnum caliber as well. This is what I carry in a .357 magnum snubbie.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 9:08am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    You're first gun and you bought a .357?!?!?!

I am a novice gun owner...but I shoot a lot. It's not the first time I have played with .357...or even .44.

The light frame and short barrel are gonna take some getting used to...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 9:51am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sexy.

Do they make a replacement hammer that "shaves" it down a bit or completely? I'd be concerned about CCW that thing and catching it on a sweater or something.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 10:25am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are several shrouded hammer versions...but I like the look of the exposed hammer better. I am looking into waistband holsters now with that very issue in mind.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Revolver? Gross.
    I thought about getting a handgun for home protection...and when I do...it will be a revolver. If it is gonna be sitting in a drawer for years before you NEED it, you need simplicity, not worn out springs and jammed pistol.

and before everybody jumps on me...I know a shotgun would be best for home protection :qleft6: I just was wanting something a little smaller.
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast