Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

King of Catch Wrestling tourament

http://www.scientificwrestling.com/products/item41.cfm

Two interesting difference from regular submission grappling tournaments:

1. Pins are wins, so no going to guard

2. No points. If matches go to the time limit, then the match is a draw and both grapplers are eliminated.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so... their target competitors are amateur wrestlers with shitty submission games, bjjers who lose on points (without spending time flat on their backs, i suppose), and pro wrestlers?

i... don't know what to say.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, your just fucking stupid. Their target is Catch Wrestlers so they follow catch wrestling rules.

Its actually kinda cool eliminating guard for a bit. If pins win then that makes being in side mount and guard very dangerous. Meaning you'll end up giving your back up lots of times when you would normally go for guard. Im sure practicing this way from time to time would greatly increase your ability to defend the back mount.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Catch Wrestling SUCKS.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Matt Furey: Crappling magazine's King of Catch. Here he features on the front cover demonstrating an unnecessarily ineffective move from an otherwise dominant postition - a core principle of catch.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karl Gotch is the KING of Catch Wrestling. Matt Furey is a snake oil salesman who thinks 15 mins of Hindu squats is better than weights and running. I actually competed in the first round of this tournament, it was held in Madison, Mississippi. Every match was two out of three falls.
    If anyone cares, my first match I lost one fall when I got stacked in my guard, won one fall by pinning the other guy, and got eliminated when I sat up too high trying for a Kimura in side control (why didn't I just pin him? Shut up hippie!) got reversed, and was pinned for the win.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "How many times have you competed against a sandbagger? At the King of Catch Wrestling, there is no 'beginner', intermediate', or 'advanced' division. The whole tournament is open to all levels."
    Of course I'm sick of fighting people of a higher level than me in my own division. So how in the hell would eliminating skill divisions, and thus putting me up against MORE high level grapplers fix this problem?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    "How many times have you competed against a sandbagger? At the King of Catch Wrestling, there is no 'beginner', intermediate', or 'advanced' division. The whole tournament is open to all levels."
    Of course I'm sick of fighting people of a higher level than me in my own division. So how in the hell would eliminating skill divisions, and thus putting me up against MORE high level grapplers fix this problem?
    This is to determine the KING of catch wrestling. If you don't think you have enough skill to be the king, then don't enter. And whining about competing against high level competitors is a bitch move.

"Mr. Tortelli, why did you hop your 3 months of BJJ butt into it then?"

"Because I thought it would be fun, and anyway, I got eliminated in the first round. WITHOUT bitching that everyone else was at a higher level than me, I might add."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone have a feeling some Div 1 wrestler is going to show up at this tournament, pin everyone , and end up becoming the "King of Catch Wrestling?"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it a three-count pin or ref-sees-total-control-of-fall or a "two second" pin or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last