Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 12:08pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Teh Nutrition And Supplementation Threads in Detail

Ok dudes, I'm going through a cleaning up process here. Basically this is going to be the mega-stickie for the best threads we have had so far on nutrition. I'll ask you not to post here, but on the threads listed below.

PM me if you have any ideas or suggestions of threads or links that should be included here. Now, this think about it really hard. We don't want to make this stickie a big chunky mess of semi-cooked spagetti threads.) If there is an external link worth considering, just create a new thread with the link (and a reasonable discussion) in it. If it develops well, it may find its way here.

-- EDIT -- 2008-02-23 ---

Well, since a lot of people keep asking the same goddam questions about how much calories to eat, how much is too much protein, how much they should weight and what not, start by reading this post below, and then the threads that follow.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...9&postcount=10

-------------------------------------------------------
    Chow time!

Dessert time!

Best thread so far on how to make desserts rich in protein. If there is a way to satisfy your sweet tooth and your protein cravings, it may just be here.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51669

Teh Cutting Weight, Pre-Fight Recovery (and Colonics) Thread (Updated Regularly)

This is an ongoing thread where people discuss their pre and post-fight experiences, recommendations and caveats when it comes to cutting weight.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55795

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs & Protein Prejudice

Ongoing discussion on the work and articles done by Dr. John M Berardi, Ph.D on effective nutrition.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53351

HOW DO WORKOUT! Precision Nutrition At Your Fingertips!!!!

This is just an announcement regarding the forums available at the precisionnutrition.com website. Worth taking a look.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53416

Supplements, do they actually work?

Does it need an explanation? :)

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60468

Testosterone

Ongoing discussion on testosterone levels and its impact in health, sleep/recovery and athletic performance

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55626

-- 2008-06-04 --

Pills - So what should I be looking at taking regularly?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71128

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 6/04/2008 9:06am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 10:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are posts made by me and others a long time ago on the subject. Read them.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ds#post1221859

Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Lots of good info and suggestions here.

A few points:

Holding a position under tension as long as possible is an example of the asynchronous contraction of muscle fibers. Most of you are likely aware that individual fibers completely contract when stimulated, so you may have wondered why you don't shove your glass through the back of your head every time you try to take a drink, or why you can hold light things up longer than heavy things.

ALL of the fibers in a given muscle don't conract under a typical load. Generally, for lighter objects, relatively few are required. When those are fatigued and have to relax, other fibers in the same muscle are recruited. This can go on for quite some time if few fibers are needed. Heavier loads obviously require more fibers, leaving fewer "in reserve" and thus reducing the length of time the muscle can be used without rest.

Also, nutrition is indeed King. As I may have mentioned before, amino acids are ESSENTIAL for myriad processes in the body every minute of the day. If at any point those amino acids are unavailable, the body has to rob its biggest amino acid warehouse, muscles.

Thus, amino acids should not be thought of so much as "anabolic" or "muscle building", but rather as "anti-catabolic" or "muscle sparing". Constant intake of quality protein gives the body a source of amino acids other than those nifty muscles. Glutamine's popularity as a supplement is due to its high demand in the body.

Keep in mind that unlike fats and carbs, there's no convenient storage area for proteins except those muscles that most guys would like to keep full. Given the choice between big arms and nitrogen metabolism, wouldn't you know the damn human body would go with the silly metabolic processes and eat up those biceps...

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...4&postcount=24

Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Ok, I broke my reply in two pieces because it would cover two pics about which I've kind of made some observations. Goju, I suggested aminoacids because that's worked for me beautifully.

For like 4 months I was feeling tired and burned out. I tried everything. Finally I got into this nutrition forum, described what I was doing and how I was feeling, and ta-da, they suggested aminoacids. This is one thing that was missing from my diet. I was taking my shakes, NO2 and creatine, but no aminoacids and glutamine. This was two weeks ago.

Right on the second day when I started taking aminoacids and glutamine, there was a major improvement. I no longer felt tired or burned out, and I can actually sleep better. Before, I was lucky if I could sleep for being so tired. And even if I slept 8 hours, it felt like if I didn't.

I know it sounds like an informecial, but I truly believe in this, and I don't think this is mental or some sort of placebo effect. My weight will always swing from 160 to 145lbs anytime I would pump up my cardio. So far, it's remained at 158 and I felt much more rested and stronger than before.

So now, **** the NO2 and the creatine. Aminoacids. If we exercise beyond a certain threshold and we are over 30, we need aminoacids so that the body can recover and repair itself.

Nutrition is king. Anything else is secondary.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 11:26am

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TEM, I don't know if you wanted to keep the thread sans-replies (if so, feel free to chop/toss this one into a bin heh). But, on glutamine/amino's holy crap no doubt. I noticed an amazing difference in recovery, less soreness, more energy, I dig the glutamine.

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 9:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread update, see bottom of first post.

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 12:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh, this was somehow unstuck.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Testosterone Link in the OP is broken.

This post will self-destruct after you fix the link and delete this post...

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 4:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The detail about the nutrition and the supplement is very informative,
    I want to know about the side effect of the supplement.should we
    get nutrition naturally.