Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2011 5:30pm

Style: hapkido, tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cardio after Leg Routine?

Yeah I already know there's plenty of thread's in this forum asking about cardio but I'm going to ask anyway. To start off, before every workout I warm-up with a 15 minute moderate-intensity jog, then proceed to stretch, and then hit the weights. Now, yesterday I worked on a fairly grueling leg routine (yes I stretched afterwards also :new_blowi). This morning I felt like running, so I did a "pyramid intensity" jog/run, where you begin with moderate intensity, scale up to high intensity, and then bring it back down to moderate intensity. After this I proceeded with stretching, of course. My question is this: Is cardio (specifically running) good to perform the day after a leg routine? I've heard of how running, or doing some sort of cardio using the legs, will pump blood back into your limbs and thus allowing you to get over sore muscles faster. Any ideas/suggestions?

Posted On:
    2/03/2011 6:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly do you mean by stretching?
    Are you stretching before weight training?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 12:18am

Style: hapkido, tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, at the beginning of every routine I do a ten to fifteen minute warm-up with either a jog or set of plyometrics. After my warm-up I do both dynamic and active streching. After stretching I then move onto my weights routine. I utilize stretching more often on my leg workout days. Hope that clears it up...

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 3:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It will help you in fitness and other fitness matter.
    cardio after leg routine is quite helpful.