Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GET YOUR ASS IN SHAPE BEEP BOOP

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 6:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido's Crossfit Workout - Sunday 071007

"J.T." 21-15-9 reps of: Handstand push-ups Ring dips Push-ups Post time to comments. Compare to 070818. Enlarge image Press Posture Question, Mark Rippetoe author of "Starting Strength" - video [wmv] [mov]...

Original Post on Crossfit (Off-Site Link)

Download - 12.78 MB - video/x-ms-wmv

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 9:56am

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be trying this tomorrow... maybe modified since I don't have any rings! I'll post my time(s) here.

Nobody else gonna post any times?

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 10:36am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't have rings either anywhere close and probably couldn't use them because of an injury at the moment.

What would be a good substitute for the rings?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 10:56am

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    What would be a good substitute for the rings?
    I suppose if you had one of those cable machines with 2 handles which were pretty close together you could load the stack to the max weight and use those?

I think you could make do with 2 platforms and a gap in the middle and go full stretch. It's not quite the same but it would be better than nothing.

One other option is to use dips as a substitute exercise.

To be honest, there's no replacement for the rings, so you'll have to either follow the principle and use two movements (handstand pushup and another to target the chest/delts/tris) or just follow the same protocol but use different exercises (eg chins and dips)

Have fun if you do it, and POST THE TIME :D

EDIT - looking at the crossfit site (http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/000838.html), there are a number of people asking about substitute exercises as, obviously, most people have no rings!!! One suggestion was regular dips, another was jumping pullups.

SECOND EDIT - oops... didn't catch the bit about the injury! As El Macho said, If you can't do them because of an injury, don't bother trying! There's always the option of sticking chins in instead :)
    Last edited by JabCrossHook; 10/07/2007 11:31am at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 11:25am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For dips, well, a regular dip station and a pair of towels. You grap a towel in each dip handle, then you grab the towels rather than the handles when you do the dip. If you have a wrist injury, however (I assume that's what you are referring to Phrost), I would avoid anything resembling a dip (rings or no rings) if I were you, at least not until you heal.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris