Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 2:02pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousFlamingo

Haha, just kidding. But I swear, there're a million triangle variations from dozens of different angles and positions. I've seen triangles finished using the attacker's arm and other crazy **** like that.
    Now that I've actually clicked on the link you ptovided, I understand what's going on in that picture. On that note, I'm leaving this thread while I still have some semblance of dignity left.:seppuku:

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 2:05pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, seriously? Ferris. Guruma.

Ferris.

Guruma.

Gotcha. Sorry about being slow, English isn't my first language. :P

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pattycake as a cardio drill. it works, sortof, but dear god did that clinic suck.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA/BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to a Silat/System seminar by Clear Silat.

It was so full of bullshit.

Like projecting your chi by grunting/shouting. It even had some touch knockouts.

There was a system drill where you laid on the ground flat facing down, and by internal energy and thinking heavy you could not be turned over. I turned my partner everytime, I squated beside him as he laid long ways, grabe the far side of his gi, and fell back using my feet as a pivot for him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 2:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Baji, MuayThai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was convinced to practice Bagua circle walking as a chi gung exercise. I spent a lot of time doing that- and arguing about who was doing it right/and or better. That was pretty bad. Luckily I didnít spend too long in that phase.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 3:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    Mine has to be being told to stare at tree's to try see there chi... . By trying to widen your peripheral vision. Eventually saw a blurry outline but it seems likely that was due to the unfocusing of the eyes.

There must be some gems on this forum, share!
    Sounds like something I read from out of a Castaneda novel. When I was going through my Chi Phase (an awful time, much like puberty) I was also told to do this kind of thing, and I would say, stare at my hands in meditation until I would see strange colors and such or until I my vision would become distorted in strange ways. What is with that? Cults/religions are the only other group that advocates this activity. I know there is a superficial quasi religious aspect to some eastern MAs but it still seems strange. Is it just a clever way to distract you from the fact that you arenít sparing?

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Haha, just kidding. But I swear, there're a million triangle variations from dozens of different angles and positions. I've seen triangles finished using the attacker's arm and other crazy **** like that.
    I once triangled a brown from under side control with no arms in.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some good responses! followed up by some crazy banter. Alot of chi related stuff I see as well, anyone actually had a good experience with "chi" training?. Did the blowing candles out thing but kinda saw it as a decent excercise at the time since our instructer (Ian Armstrong) was doing it with one finger. One finger to blow out a candle!? must be some skill somewhere in there... . Other than that pretty bullshidoesk.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 8:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    Some good responses! followed up by some crazy banter. Alot of chi related stuff I see as well, anyone actually had a good experience with "chi" training?. Did the blowing candles out thing but kinda saw it as a decent excercise at the time since our instructer (Ian Armstrong) was doing it with one finger. One finger to blow out a candle!? must be some skill somewhere in there... . Other than that pretty bullshidoesk.
    Well, I still meditate as a secular practice even though it has no longer has anything to do with the way I train MA. I find that once you remove all the religion, superstition, and chi theory there actually is a positive side to the exercise.
    Last edited by MartialMind; 10/06/2007 8:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 9:50pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TongLongFoo
    here...

http://kuraenoken.com/kuraenoken_eng.php

...have fun w/ it.:qright7:
    i saw something about giving birth in your own combative way or something and stopped reading. i had a laugh tho. Doctor-"PUSH" "PUSH" *baby shoots out and nails doctor in the face* Mother-"HAHAHA PWNED"
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast