Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 12:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kempo vs. groundfighting

I had not thought of this story in years until, of all people, my mother brought it up when she came over for coffee. Way back in the day (circa 1989, when many of you were still a strand of DNA in your daddy's love pouch!) I was a student of a generic Kempo school.

In those days I was a gangly lad who ran track, enjoyed archery, and reading, I also wrestled. In junior high I wrestled 7,8,9th grades, and although I was certainly no future Olympian, I enjoyed the sport and loved the exercise.

While living in Vegas at 14 (circa 1987) I encountered Dave German White Tiger Kempo and upon returning home a year later I found a local Kemp school. I attended class 3 nights a week and by my junior year of high school held the ranking of brown belt (big fucking whoop!).

Somewhere during this time I order one of the very early Gracie tapes which was non instructional but was an eye opener. I had taken Judo at the local Y from age 7 or 8 along with Goju and Shotokan. So, when I asked sensi fat ass about ground grappling he told me to try to take him down. At the time I was 6'5" 225, BF 11-12% sensi fat ass was 37, 6'4" 280.
    He wore only thin gloves and told me the only rules to our little game were no eye gouges, no groing strikes, and I was not allowed to strike hajimae(sp?) and we were off to the races. Six months earlier "sensei" had encouraged me to give up wrestling telling me it was "interfering" with my Kempo training.
    I was a little rusty, not a good shooter, but I still managed a single leg. He hit his back and I went what we now call side mount at which point he jammed a thumb in my fucking eye. When I pulled back he threw a full force kick chipping three of my teeth.
    I came to my feet, bowed, and left, a little humiliated. I did not take formal lessons again for more than six months when I returned to Judo.

The lesson here. The fat **** still does his kempo to this day, has more than a 100 sdtudents, and brags about how he whipped my ass when I was 16. What can I do? Not much. He's 55, his black belts are losers (I choked one out during a Judo randori after he came to our judo class talking ****. And I took Krav alongside another one who did not know a right cross from a pop tart), and what good would it do to go kick an old man's ass or his bullshido masters?

Think about it.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 12:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a point to this thread which relates to the purpose of the sub-forum you chose to start it in?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a point to this thread which relates to the purpose of the sub-forum you chose to start it in?
    Sure is, there are several poitns.

1) I was younger, fitter, with a more extensive grappling background and he managed an 'illegal' technique.

2) He was an asshole that did not want me or anyone else questioning his authority.

3) I gave a good sport for a billshido artist.

4) Don't take someone for granted just because YOU think they are teaching bullshido.

5) The sun shines on a dog ass every once and awhile.

6) Looking at this objectively, I see the mistakes on both sides. He was a bullshido artist claiming a phony 7th dan at 37 years old. And I should have not been allowed to be baited into a challenge.

In truth, I've been a BJJ nutrider longer than some of you folks have been alive. The truth in all of this is all teachers are full of bulshido to some degree. And this site does little more than eddify Neal Flethcer's mammoth (undeserved) ego.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all know grappling > kenpo.

We even have a die hard Kempo guy turned BJJ phenom who's already covered the basics of your thread back when you were a nickel of DNA in your pop's coinsack

Plus,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFCwdBEOS1Q

the head of helio spits on this thread

LMPL!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, are you planning to provide something which is worthy of an investigation (website, school location, rank claims, etc), or are you just spouting off your nutriding exploits for your own amusement?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:31pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:44pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree...moved from MABS

poser

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:47pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    Sure is, there are several poitns.

1) I was younger, fitter, with a more extensive grappling background and he managed an 'illegal' technique.

2) He was an asshole that did not want me or anyone else questioning his authority.

3) I gave a good sport for a billshido artist.

4) Don't take someone for granted just because YOU think they are teaching bullshido.

5) The sun shines on a dog ass every once and awhile.

6) Looking at this objectively, I see the mistakes on both sides. He was a bullshido artist claiming a phony 7th dan at 37 years old. And I should have not been allowed to be baited into a challenge.

In truth, I've been a BJJ nutrider longer than some of you folks have been alive. The truth in all of this is all teachers are full of bulshido to some degree. And this site does little more than eddify Neal Flethcer's mammoth (undeserved) ego.
    The answer: no, this has nothing to do with bullshit in martial arts, because it does not include any kind of investigation or anything of any value at all.

This should get moved to YMAS.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all know grappling > kenpo.

We even have a die hard Kempo guy turned BJJ phenom who's already covered the basics of your thread back when you were a nickel of DNA in your pop's coinsack
    I have attended an early Gracie seminar (95) and taken BJJ when I can, BJJ is really a great art, but the point is MR. "Rage" this place is little more than pissed off boys and girls spoiling for fights with everyone that doesn't kneel and bob their head at the altar of the Gracies.

I think some people here should spend more time exploring and less time in theoretical debate.

And with that note, I'm going to warm up, go for a jog, and train with some of Judo buddies in my garage.

Have fun spank your toad to the Gracie youtubes. :f-off:

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 1:59pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, the point is, you need to start threads in the right forum.
    Regardless of popular opinion, Bullshido is still a moderated online community.

What, does the idea that you're not the only person with experience here and that we all don't derive some important, never-heard of lesson from your story get your panties in a bunch? Grow the **** up.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast