Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24252627 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:19pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    I'm sorry to say that both attacker A and B will find my asshole is larger than the Grand Canyon from years of the 'kums now' training I received from my Wing Chun instructor as a young lad.
    I fixed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:19pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    WCX2Z, you can barely defend yourself against one untrained 10 year old. What on gods green earth leads you to believe there is any evidence, proof, or even indication hat ANYONE trained exclusively in WC can defend themselves effectively against more than one person?
    And your instructor telling you doesn't count.
    I don't have any proof that wing chun works on multiple attackes besids theory and drills. But In the en its jsut my opinion. In most sport artist's I've seen they thik that if its more than one person ur screwed u cant win. Personally I don't like the idea of just giving up and balling up like a boxer while everyone comes at me. I' rather have all my limbs in action so I can react and adapt to them, thats what wing chun does.

If I personally had to fight multiple attackes I'd prolly lose Assuming I couldn't get my pocket knife or my gun out in time. But I think Wing chun would give me a far better chance of surviving than if I didnt know it.

And finaly I do have plenty of anecdotes and if you really want to see multiple attacker strategy look up sifu justin och's multiple attacker defense videos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87 View Post
    I fixed.
    LMAO once again an apparent grappler making gay jokes.. Yall really liek pot calling teh kettle black.

Don't worry I'm sure you guys would all just go 'north south' on them lol.

Posted On:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I don't like the idea of just giving up and balling up like a boxer while everyone comes at me.
    It's called footwork, jackass.

YouTube - Boxer vs 4 guys

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On second thought, maybe grappling in the streets does have its merits. Just check out this commercial:

http://www.graciecombat.com/

I'll be honest, it's a situation I've been in a lot: I'm driving my van, minding my own business, when suddenly a massive negro in a track suit pops out in front of my vehicle and starts shouting "Yeah! Now what!" The worst part is when I get out to stomp his ass into the pavement, he starts throwing a slow-motion Dragon Punch in my direction. It normally takes me about twenty FOOM's before I'm able to put him away, but now I see I could finish him off much quicker with Gracie Combatives.

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry I'm sure you guys would all just go 'north south' on them lol.
    Honestly, that's probably more effective at stopping fights than wing chun ever will be just from the sheer gayness factor.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Scientific freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Striking is hardly risk free. I do not mean to imply that this is anything but rare, but it should be kept in mind that a single punch can have dire consequences: Google “one punch death” and you will find any number of incidents where someone threw just one strike and ended up in a heap of trouble.
    ANYONE can one-punch kill: it happened in a high-school parking lot between 2 kids, where neither was any type of martial artist; one kid popped another in a typical argument, and the other kid fell, hit his head on the pavement and died; result: TWO lives destroyed, since the striker got convicted of manslaughter as a result.

The main thing about punching isn't the strike, but the fall, since it's at least 400 foot-pounds of force striking the hard ground, usually head-related-- and we're talking a STREET fight here.

In contrast, if you do a takedown on someone, accidents are far less likely since 1) you can control their fall, 2) you'll probably body-slam them (which can incapacitate far more than a strike, but won't harm permanently).

Likewise you don't have to injure anyone even temporarily; you can just make them say "uncle" and you'll be the winner. Joint-manipulation is far more painful than most strikes as well.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, that's probably more effective at stopping fights than wing chun ever will be just from the sheer gayness factor.
    ANYONE who claims they can fight using standing wristlocks, is not only gayer than Seagal, but more delusional as well. People in REAL fights don't stand there letting you twist their hands around, saying "pull my finger" etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's called footwork, jackass.

YouTube - Boxer vs 4 guys
    Yes I know about footwork,, you see I know how to box.. and I train in muay thai as well.. so I know about movement. But if you get surrounded or backed agasint a wall the standard response is to cover and try to create distance. But if you cant recreate that distance in my opinion boxing covering will get you beat down. btw: I wanted to expiriment with it so I've tries sparring 3 ppla t once using wing chun and boxing. Wing chun was more effective for me.

And finally I dont think I did anything to warrant being called a jackass.. It's jsut my opinion. It's a differnt opinion from your own, be that as it may I dont feel its casue for such agression from you.

But in any case I'm glad you're content with ur crap-ling thing u do and when you are surrounded by more than one person you go ahead and ball up and use your footwork I wish you luck.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 10:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    On second thought, maybe grappling in the streets does have its merits. Just check out this commercial:

http://www.graciecombat.com/

I'll be honest, it's a situation I've been in a lot: I'm driving my van, minding my own business, when suddenly a massive negro in a track suit pops out in front of my vehicle and starts shouting "Yeah! Now what!" The worst part is when I get out to stomp his ass into the pavement, he starts throwing a slow-motion Dragon Punch in my direction. It normally takes me about twenty FOOM's before I'm able to put him away, but now I see I could finish him off much quicker with Gracie Combatives.
    Yeah, hopefully Crazie Combatives allow you to tell if he's packing a weapon too-- otherwise you'd have to be Crazie to step out of your 3-ton, 400-HP pickup-truck, which the massive negro was stupid enough to jump in front of.

And of course, the Crazies know that their system is so superior, that they don't even have to prove it against the guys who have long since kicked their asses.
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24252627 ... LastLast