230698 Bullies, 4136 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 10:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bitparity
    BJJ is completely useless in a street fight. This is the reason you never see anybody use BJJ or grappling in any realistic fight movie. Everyone knows you use drunken monkey fu to take on multiple opponents. Ask Jackie Chan.
    How dare you watch any martial arts movies other than Brazilian Brawl

BAD MONKEY

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 10:38am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've punched someone and then found myself mysteriously in side control, kneeing them in the head

but I don't know any BJJ
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 11:43am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarbong
    First off, has anyone here ever used BJJ in a streetfight?
    You're such an instigator. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 11:48am

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    It would look like BJJ with striking and possibly foul tactics. Watch Royce in the early UFC if you're interested in how it might pan out.

The mount is the same, the sweeps are the same, the guard is the same, getting past people's legs is the same, the knee ride is the same, the back mount is the same, the RNC is the same, the hooks are the same, the rolling is the same, defending the head is the same, the grips are the same, the control points are the same, the keylocks, kimuras and armbars are the same.

If it's multiple opponents then obviously you'll need to abandon your BJJ and use something like taichi, wang chun or kempo.
    Nah, grab the littlest guy, get him in a rear naked choke and use him as a battering ram to get through the rest of them.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 1:38pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KempoFist claimed once to have won a few street fights by armbar, why don't you ask him?
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 4:21pm

Style: no-gi judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i actually used judo (not bjj but close enough) today at school with a stoner that started some ****. We were playing volleybell and a guy on my team hit him in the face with a spike, so he charged under the net and started swinging on the guy. I grabbed his from the side and kind of stepped through with an osoto gari so as not to throw him. I landed in side control, transitioned into a kesa gatame, then put his arm in a keylock with my leg and held him there till he got the picture.

no injuries i can report, of course its rare to see broken glass, lava, and aids needles on gym floors

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 4:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koehn4president
    i actually used judo (not bjj but close enough) today at school with a stoner that started some ****. We were playing volleybell and a guy on my team hit him in the face with a spike, so he charged under the net and started swinging on the guy. I grabbed his from the side and kind of stepped through with an osoto gari so as not to throw him. I landed in side control, transitioned into a kesa gatame, then put his arm in a keylock with my leg and held him there till he got the picture.

no injuries i can report, of course its rare to see broken glass, lava, and aids needles on gym floors
    This story is void due to the event not taking place on the "Street."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 5:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's also obviously fake because stoners dont start fights

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 5:44pm

Style: BJJ, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i did a few months ago when some one tried to steal my motorcycle. osoto gari (judo) a rnc, and then later a a side choke from side control, and finished it off with a kimura. it was great. it was like i was in a tournament, but he was at a 13year old white belt level. i took gold.

i was surprised to see that there was not any lava, or needles with aids and meth inside. i did scrape up my knees, but he got a destroyed shoulder and needed facial and back of head stitches.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 6:04pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have used grappling in street fights, singles, doubles and body lock takedowns.

for bjj in particular, the position dominance it teaches, how to hold mount and one time an upa sweep from mount into guard top.
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast