Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 4:53am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree with the assesment that it isnt possible to bulk considerably in two months. Last season before the rugby season started I put on about 3 kgs of muscle in about 3 months. At that stage I was doing very little cardio, ate like a elite powerlifter, and lifted weights 4 times a week. In my case however I had the luxury of still having a month or two to get my conditioning up to were it needed to be and this doesnt seem to be the case in your situation.

I wouldn't suggest cutting the martial arts out because as they say skills pay the bills but you have to examine the reason you want to drop it. If its because of burnout then a few months of change of pace and intensity can do a world of good but if otherwise I would recommend keeping the martial arts in there, even in a reduced role if necessary.

I have never used much supplements besides the good ole protein shake but when trying to put on some muscle I normally take some colostrum. I would recommend it as it as helped myself.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, 3kg (6+lbs) in 3 months is a reasonable gain, but that's hardly a considerable bulk up. truepwrz is about 150lbs (68kg) and wants to bulk up to 170lbs (77kg), in about 2 months. This is without taking into consideration that he's 17 (still growing up) and like 6ft tall (meaning he may have teh metabolism from hell.)

This is not counting the possibility of gaining and losing like a yo-yo, which always happens. More importantly, he needs to think about not losing it when he puts the accelerator on his MA conditioning.

From 150's to 170's, that's a considerable bulk up short term. That he can reach 170lbs, I have no doubt, but certainly not in two months. It's going to be a zig-zagging up-and-down line until he reachs his desired weight.

That's why I prefer to tell him to think beyond 2 months (6-8 months to a year).
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12