Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man dies in freak accident

By Toni Heinzl
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Posted on Sat, Oct. 11, 2003

FORT WORTH - A father of six was killed in a freak accident early Saturday when his head struck a speed-limit sign as he leaned out the passenger-side window of a friend's swerving pickup, the driver said.

The police accident report had not been completed Saturday afternoon, but an investigator with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner said that Shawn Garrison, 26, died from blunt trauma suffered when his head hit a "fixed object." Traffic investigators determined that Garrison was in the passenger seat and stuck his head outside the window and struck an object, said Lt. Jesse Hernandez, a police spokesman. The pickup's driver, Kenneth Turnbull, joined more than three dozen friends, relatives and neighbors outside Garrison's home in the 4300 block of Panola Avenue on Saturday afternoon to remember a man described as someone who would give his last shirt to help others.

Turnbull said he was driving his Ford F-150 truck about 12:30 a.m. near the intersection of Rosedale Street and Miller Avenue, about six blocks from Garrison's home, with Garrison leaning out the passenger window, when a white Trans Am cut in front of them. "I had to swerve, I jumped the curb, and he struck the speed-limit sign," said Turnbull, a longtime friend of the victim. "He didn't die immediately. He was bleeding real bad." Turnbull drove to Garrison's home to call 911. Garrison was pronounced dead there at 1:02 a.m.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/6991992.htm
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2003 4:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OUCH!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    10/16/2003 5:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UK

Freak accident kills gardener

1999-06-16

A businessman drowned in a river after a freak gardening accident, an inquest has heard. John Lewis's body was found in the River Severn two weeks after he was last seen, pouring liquid from a canister onto a bonfire.

The BBC's Phil Mackie reports: "Seen apparently pouring petrol on bonfire" His disappearance prompted a major police search after his wife, Patricia, returned home to find a burnt-out lawnmower. Police found charred clothing leading to the river, near the couple's home in Minsterworth, near Gloucester. Divers and a helicopter were used in the search for Mr Lewis but it was two weeks before his body, naked apart from his shoes and socks, was found 1.5 miles upstream.

Fire evidence

Gloucester and District Coroner Alan Crickmore said: "I think Mr Lewis lit a bonfire, tried to get it going by putting petrol on it, set his clothes on fire and made his way down to the river then jumped into the water to dowse the flames. "We know there were some burns on his skin and we know that the cause of death was drowning. He tried to put the flames out by jumping into the river and drowns."

He recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Sergeant Elwyn Atwood, of Gloucestershire Police, told the inquest there had been a burnt lawnmower, a bonfire and two petrol cans in Mr Lewis's garden. He also found a fire-damaged jumper and saw damage to the top rung of a gate leading to the river.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/371004.stm

Edited by - kungfoolss on October 16 2003 05:13:28
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Titan

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KFss. Back to his old tricks I see.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias