Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2008 2:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Leong Cheung Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake

The subject is his legitimacy and his lineage. Yet, you commented on everything else but, the subject.
    Yes it's the one thing as I said I can't comment on I cannot in anyway with solid hard evidence prove one way or another whether his qualifications and lineage is legitimate.

I can comment that in terms of what I've seen in terms of chinese Kung Fu, that what is taught in the school seems to be based on chinese kung Fu, I can confirm that the school has a relationship with the Zhonghua Martial Art School in china

http://www.shaolin.co.za/wubinart.htm

and that relationship was brokered by Grand Master Wu Bin.I can confirm that the Wushu taught at the school is overseen by them and that Masters from China have come out from china to teach and make sure that the wushu is up to scratch.

http://www.shaolin.co.za/WuShusem.htm

I know that Hennie has called into question the honour and word of Grandmaster Wu Bin however I still take his word as that of proven grandmaster and honourable teacher he had the following to say.

I I seen a lot in china Wushu - know most styles, what I have seen at Shaolin martial art schools in South Africa is no different to the best in China.

This is what I am able to comment on I also know that according to teachers at the school and the website itself that Members of the South African Wushu association tried to prevent our association with the Zhonghua Martial Art Schoolby declaring to them that Leo Sebregts is a fake.

They decided to make that determination themselves. Which They did and the relationship still stands.

I know guys like Hennie believe that we somehow bought that affilitation with bribes and payments. I ask why ? Shaolin Martial arts temple is a organisation with six running schools, that were established before this affiliation, why spend that money bribing people in china when you're making enough off the six schools already? For every one South african who knows anything about Kung Fu and it's History there's probably a 1000 who know nothing more then they see in a jackie chan or jet li movie and they're the ones who arrive and train for a few years if that and drop out because it's hard work and thats where the money is.

I haven't seen any major jump in new students since the affiliation. I didn't see any major newspaper adverts declaring the affiliation to the world either. In My opinion the affiliation was for the betterment of the school and it's students and to allow acess to an international arena for the students of the school who are good enough to compete at that level which without any sort of international affiliation you can never achieve.

Oh and for hennie and his description of the dismal performances of our students at the national wushu competition We took Three gold medals in the Sanshou Sparring there.
    :beatdead:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2008 8:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really now Gac1?!????? So tell us , when has Wu Bin come to "overview" since his first "payoff"?? Or when has ANYONE come since this initial "agreement"?

I think I will ask the south african wushu association to give me info on what you have said, but fact remains, at the South African Championships help by the association, The Shaolin Martial Arts Centre fared badly........especialloy in the forms, so please dont say anything about the standard which you have proven to know nothing about. ALL the other schools I saw at that competition were alot better and AUTHENTIC than what they did.

"Shaolin Martial arts temple is a organisation with six running schools, that were established before this affiliation, why spend that money bribing people in china when you're making enough off the six schools already? "

Why, EASY! because of more acceess of peoples to internet, to see the truth, ask the truth and find the truth. Nothing hides the truth than a agreement that you can show instead of showing the actual art.....

And tell us, how has the affiliation helped with international competition for your school??

You say"Oh and for hennie and his description of the dismal performances of our students at the national wushu competition We took Three gold medals in the Sanshou Sparring there. "

Like I said, the overall standard in SA is pretty bad, and in Sanshou someone HAS TO WIN, its just a matter of who falls down first....and thats what happened....where are the forms medals???????

You make argues like a child....
    Last edited by henniedewalt; 10/18/2008 8:34pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2008 2:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't take this Wu Bin's opinion seriously. It has nothing to do with character or honor or anything like that ... the simple fact is he's a WUSHU guy and I wouldn't expect him to know if a traditional school was fake or not. It's not his field.

I'm more interested by the Brendan Lai connection.

Brendan Lai was an excellent master and would have been better qualified to tell if the style was made up or not. It's a shame he passed away so we can't ask him to elaborate.

http://www.shaolin.co.za/smachistory.html

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by henniedewalt
    Really now Gac1?!????? So tell us , when has Wu Bin come to "overview" since his first "payoff"?? Or when has ANYONE come since this initial "agreement"?

I think I will ask the south african wushu association to give me info on what you have said, but fact remains, at the South African Championships help by the association, The Shaolin Martial Arts Centre fared badly........especialloy in the forms, so please dont say anything about the standard which you have proven to know nothing about. ALL the other schools I saw at that competition were alot better and AUTHENTIC than what they did.

"Shaolin Martial arts temple is a organisation with six running schools, that were established before this affiliation, why spend that money bribing people in china when you're making enough off the six schools already? "

Why, EASY! because of more acceess of peoples to internet, to see the truth, ask the truth and find the truth. Nothing hides the truth than a agreement that you can show instead of showing the actual art.....

And tell us, how has the affiliation helped with international competition for your school??

You say"Oh and for hennie and his description of the dismal performances of our students at the national wushu competition We took Three gold medals in the Sanshou Sparring there. "

Like I said, the overall standard in SA is pretty bad, and in Sanshou someone HAS TO WIN, its just a matter of who falls down first....and thats what happened....where are the forms medals???????

Firstly Hennie

Shaolin Martial Arts Centre didn't participate in the forms at this years national Specifically because they felt they weren't ready too.

So I'm not sure how you saw them doing badly.

We did Participate in the Sanshou as our fighters have had some experience and they felt they would do okay

Some of our instructors that have qualifications from china and requalified under the south african Wushu Federation to be able to judge locally did however Judge the forms and the Sanshou.

Again I think you're as brainwashed in your negativity to Shaolin Martial Arts centre as you feel It's students are in their loyalty to their schools. It's that negativity that drives your argument so no matter what argument I put forward you will never be satisfied.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 9:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by henniedewalt

Firstly Hennie

Shaolin Martial Arts Centre didn't participate in the forms at this years national Specifically because they felt the students weren't ready too.

So I'm not sure how you saw them doing badly.

We did Participate in the Sanshou as our fighters have had experience and they felt they would do okay

Some of our instructors that have qualifications from china and requalified under the south african Wushu Federation to be able to judge locally did however Judge the forms and the Sanshou.

Again I think you're as brainwashed in your negativity to Shaolin Martial Arts centre as you feel It's students are in their loyalty to their schools. It's that negativity that drives your argument so no matter what argument I put forward you will never be satisfied.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 10:24am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, your redirection is the problem. This is a lineage question, the part that can't be proven. So, you have turned it towards competition and Sanshou.

Basically, this thread died when no one decided to post or confirm his art. Both of you are arguing nonsense at this point.

At least Gac1 is trying to keep it on topic.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In response to Gac1

Really, you have brought no substance forward. SO you might as well be farting with your mouth.....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 9:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh and Gac1 said:

"Shaolin Martial Arts Centre didn't participate in the forms at this years national Specifically because they felt the students weren't ready too."

Surely , your school being SOOOO OLD , SOOO BIG and SOOOOO QUALIFIED would have at least 1 student who are ready for the compete??!?!??! Dont you think this is strange in itself? Whne will they be "ready" exactly?????????????

I was talking that I saw the form at the copetition and what I saw was alot better than what I saw when I go to your school.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 2:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hennie take It's a fakes advice and stick to topic of the thread.

I'll answer your comments now for the last time unless they are on topic and relevant.

I think it's a smart move not to have our guys taking part in the Wushu forms Just yet, We have only been studying the international Wushu forms for a short while and they are not competition crisp as yet. The plan is to participate in next years forms side as well when the students have had the oppertunity to practise their forms in internal competitions up to the standard expected at the Nationals.

Having been able to see what level the other contemporary wushu schools are at we now at least know what to aim for and where the polish needs to be and what the local judges expect from the participants and can manage our internal judging acdcordingly.

When last were you at one of our schools hennie, to judge what the standard currently is at our school. From your comments it's being a while and you've studied under other teachers during that time so I doubt you come back regularly to visit since you're so angry.

If you feel the Kung Fu you have being taught is so superior I don't understand why you haven't come to one of the open boxing ceremonies and challenged the system and proven the superiority of your kung fu ? You know it's open for you to do if you spent two years at one of our schools , you should have gone through one and know the process.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 8:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what a pathetic response. You think its about beating each other in one of your little parties? Is that all you peoples have to offer? The only to hiding behind?

Why dont you guys compete with the forms you have been training for since 1977????
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast