221996 Bullies, 4320 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 71
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. henniedewalt is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    9/05/2008 2:30pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who knows, no one has even seen a photo of this Leong Cheung man.........
  2. D-Meister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Matamata, New Zealand
    Posts
    34

    Posted On:
    9/06/2008 5:08am


     Style: JKA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by henniedewalt
    So because he has been around for a while it is legit? .........Performance art? Isnt that interesting, sound like you sure know alot about gong fu from thats statement.....
    well actually I know jack shait about FU. Nor did I say I do. But I know quite a few friends that trained there and they seemded just fine in a street fight but then again I beleive ou as an individual make the diffrence. Secondly if you go to China I'm sure you gonna pick up something there :deadhorse

    Anyway I am also intittled to an oppinion even if you don't like it. As for Ninjers.......well that I DID do and yes it's utter B/S.
  3. Gac1 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18

    Posted On:
    9/19/2008 2:38am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Leong Cheung Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't comment on what Leo segbrets was taught , I can only go by his word I have had very few moments of direct contact with him.

    Hennie your reaction seems emotional to me and yes I have an emotional connection to my school. Yes I have looked up various Wushu forms on You tube and thats where the surprise has come from that these are standerdised forms and often I recognise the moves of the forms from what I've done and what I've seen many times they are similar moves but in total different sequence i watched the official Gun Shu form at competition where one performer ends with a landing in splits and the other does a similar form and doesn't do a split at all but completely differs the ending.

    As for the Wushu being affiliated officially with the zanghou school that's speciality is Wushu that graded both Sifu Bruce and Sifu Frank who are the primary teachers at the schools means the Wushu should be at international standard and you have the oppertunity once a year if you have the funds and resources to grade at the zhanghou school. The school does yearly visits to china and those with the resources can go even if they're not ready to grade they are able to train, students from our school have gone none of them ever said the training they did was totally different and none came back declaring the school a sham and leaving.

    Yes brendan lai has had associations with the school, Grand Master Wu Bin himself came and trained students at my very branch of the school. As well as at other branches of our school (he trained Jet Li) , I think he would have declared us as fake and quite distinctly so.

    As for street cred I spent some time in my youth doing some work as a bouncer (a couple of years actually) , I've been in enough scraps and situations to know what will or won't work in a street situation and yes a lot of the techniques taught at any martial arts school don't translate well to the street especially Wushu on it's own but a lot of what is taught at shaolin Martial arts centre school will keep you alive and let you walk away intact. Even with my knowledge of dirty tricks and techniques to take down and control an agressor I don't stand up too well against senior students in free sparring when you are encouraged to use whatever you know.

    Declare the school a fake if you will Hennie, as for your friendss who declare that they wasted 10 years of their time getting fit and healthy etc well I've met guys who've spent 20 and consider it gratifying and their way of life.

    As for schools I visited and no i didn't take down names of instructors and schools and ask for a CV from each of them when I went. I visited the Green Dragon School in Edenvale , I visited a lady teaching Wushu also in Edenvale at the invitation of her students and liked what I saw from wushu but there was nothing that I considered street credible, I visited the white crane School, out of benoni and didn't even like the atmoshphere in the place let alone the instructor.

    My latest school I visited was one started by a shaolin monk that was travelling with the circle of life group who visited south Africa and was convinced to start a school here, he opened his school in Benoni I wasn't convinced by the feel of the school at the time it was early stages and too disorganised I don't even know if his school lasted.

    I Trained with a chap who had done Choy le Fat for most of his life. It was in an informal manner on a one on one basis for most of 7 years . I studied Tai Chi Under two schools affiliated to the Eddie Jardim headed groups. I also Studied Ten Shin Kan Karate as a child and In my teens trained with a small group who called themselves freestyle self defense who were experimenting with MMA long before MMA had a name and was a sport. In the Army I did some kickboxing and some wrestling. I didn't one day walk into Shaolin martial arts Centre and go "ooh this is pretty and fancy, I want to do this"

    I walked in and liked the instructor , enjoyed the atmosphere of the school watched a junior class and tried it for a while before making my decision.

    I've rambled on enough make your own decisions
  4. henniedewalt is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    9/26/2008 8:57am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gac1, if you are going to comment make sure you know what you are talking about first, and stop wasting everyones time.

    You say:"You tube and thats where the surprise has come from that these are standerdised forms and often I recognise the moves of the forms from what I've done and what I've seen many times they are similar moves but in total different sequence i watched the official Gun Shu form at competition where one performer ends with a landing in splits and the other does a similar form and doesn't do a split at all but completely differs the ending."

    Do you know what a STANDARDIZED form is? Everything doen at world championships before to 2005, after which new standards are were introduced, but not standardized routine...Are you too dumb to see that all the forms you were watching were DIFFERENT ROUTINES? If you cannot even see that, how the hell can you supposed to give us a logical, informed opinion? It seems having your eyes covered by your teacher for so long has truly made you as misguided as they are.. Go do some research before trying to PROTECT someone, it makes your argument even weaker if you havent.


    You said:"As for the Wushu being affiliated officially with the zanghou school that's speciality is Wushu that graded both Sifu Bruce and Sifu Frank who are the primary teachers at the schools means the Wushu should be at international standard and you have the oppertunity once a year if you have the funds and resources to grade at the zhanghou school."

    Basically, blah b lah blah. All you are saying is an agreement which you dont understand anything about (and I wont waste my time enlightening you because you dont want to be) is the accreditation your school has? COme on now....does your school look anywhere close to the standard of any of the competitiors at the world wushu championships on youtube? if not YOUR SCHOOL IS NOT QUALIFIED IN THIS FIELD!

    Yous said:"Yes brendan lai has had associations with the school, Grand Master Wu Bin himself came and trained students at my very branch of the school. As well as at other branches of our school (he trained Jet Li) , I think he would have declared us as fake and quite distinctly so."

    Wu Bin is retired, and a gun for hire. Its are not the fiorst time he has SOLD his name for money to any bidder. Have you seen him at your school since he came? What is the nature of the "contract" ???:Come on now! You know as well as I do Wu Bin only had contact with your school at the one time they paid for him to come and do this "publicity" for them...Does this sound legitimate? Why dont you conatct him and ask him yourself...

    You said:"Declare the school a fake if you will Hennie, as for your friendss who declare that they wasted 10 years of their time getting fit and healthy etc well I've met guys who've spent 20 and consider it gratifying and their way of life."
    \
    Listen, we are talking about what is being advertised by your school, and what are for being taught...This is the problem, identify it .......



    Basically you have brought NOTHING of value accrediting your school or what they teach with your RAMBLING..........and you havent visited a single credible teacher from your list either.....

    Enjoy your self, maybe you can see the light sometime
  5. Gac1 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18

    Posted On:
    9/27/2008 7:53am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Leong Cheung Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To me Hennie you sound jaded by life in general, You see everything as fake and everyone out there is for sale etc. And yeah there are a lot of fakes out there and if you look hard enough at anyone you're going to find something you don't like or agree with.

    As for Wu Bin and you trashing his reputation etc well I don't know, but I have read an essay by Jet li regarding the man and he saw him as quite an honourable person. My experience with honourable people is that honour is generally not for sale. Honour doesn't end when you retire.

    I'm never going to change your mind nor will you change mine.

    The argument here is are they authentic ? who was leong cheung ? etc. but what happens if Leong Cheungs brand of kung fu was a personal family kung fu held only in their family that they decided for whatever reason to teach him?

    I am hypothesising now What if Leo Segbrets took what they taught him and was the first person to commercialise it?

    Would you be able to prove it was authentic? Would he ? If as he did left Belgium where he says he was taught would he be able to contact the guy to find out about his family's lineage ? Would that lineage mean anything to anyone else?

    (I know personally of a chinese family that the company I work for does business with.We were discussing Kung Fu and he told me they have a family version of "chinese boxing" that has been passed down from Generation to Generation to family members for as long as there is a recorded family history. He said that it had never been taught outside his family and never would be. In fact he told me that they had stopped his own nephews training because his temperment wasn't right for it. )
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,758

    Posted On:
    9/27/2008 8:25am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gac1

    The argument here is are they authentic ? who was leong cheung ? etc. but what happens if Leong Cheungs brand of kung fu was a personal family kung fu held only in their family that they decided for whatever reason to teach him?
    What if this wasn't an excuse used by hundreds of Masters with unidentified lineage? You'd have a point.



    Would you be able to prove it was authentic? Would he ? If as he did left Belgium where he says he was taught would he be able to contact the guy to find out about his family's lineage ? Would that lineage mean anything to anyone else?
    Yes, he would. Yes, it matter. The problem is he should call it by his name. Attaching it to Shaolin causes problems.


    (I know personally of a chinese family that the company I work for does business with.We were discussing Kung Fu and he told me they have a family version of "chinese boxing" that has been passed down from Generation to Generation to family members for as long as there is a recorded family history. He said that it had never been taught outside his family and never would be. In fact he told me that they had stopped his own nephews training because his temperment wasn't right for it. )
    Sorry, no one is going to believe this anecdote.
  7. Gac1 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18

    Posted On:
    9/29/2008 1:38am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Leong Cheung Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake

    Sorry, no one is going to believe this anecdote.
    Actually this anecdote is 100 % true, I've communicated with this person for more then 7 years of business he works between Thailand and singapore and works as our agent in the far east region. don't assume eversything you read isn't true just as you should not assume everything you read is true.

    "Always drink tea from an empty cup" or to not paraphrase :-

    Emptiness is the starting point. In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend, drop all you preconceived and fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is useful? Because it is empty.
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,758

    Posted On:
    9/30/2008 6:14am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gac1
    Actually this anecdote is 100 % true, I've communicated with this person for more then 7 years of business he works between Thailand and singapore and works as our agent in the far east region. don't assume eversything you read isn't true just as you should not assume everything you read is true.
    Exactly. So, it is an anecdotal story. What's even funnier is your defense. So, using your logic, there is a 50% chance you are lying.


    "Always drink tea from an empty cup" or to not paraphrase :-
    Ho boy, if it is empty I can't drink. Good thing you didn't leave this poor paraphrasing by itself.



    Emptiness is the starting point. In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend, drop all you preconceived and fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is useful? Because it is empty.
    ...and we start with the platitudes.

    Look you, as an unknown, have no validity to claim anything. That is the problem. You can hurl all the platitudes, poems, stories, fables, quotes at me for the remainder of time. It is an anecdotal story. Yep, that is it.
  9. Gac1 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18

    Posted On:
    9/30/2008 6:27am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Leong Cheung Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Exactly. So, it is an anecdotal story. What's even funnier is your defense. So, using your logic, there is a 50% chance you are lying.




    Ho boy, if it is empty I can't drink. Good thing you didn't leave this poor paraphrasing by itself.




    ...and we start with the platitudes.

    Look you, as an unknown, have no validity to claim anything. That is the problem. You can hurl all the platitudes, poems, stories, fables, quotes at me for the remainder of time. It is an anecdotal story. Yep, that is it.

    Hmm I get the feeling that you enjoy the argument more then the subject . I'm not here to argue though, I've already done enough of that to bore the lot of you so i'll not carry it no further.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,758

    Posted On:
    9/30/2008 11:56am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gac1
    Hmm I get the feeling that you enjoy the argument more then the subject . I'm not here to argue though, I've already done enough of that to bore the lot of you so i'll not carry it no further.
    You would know wouldn't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gac1
    I can't comment on what Leo segbrets was taught , I can only go by his word I have had very few moments of direct contact with him.

    The subject is his legitimacy and his lineage. Yet, you commented on everything else but, the subject.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.