Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 10:07pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut up, you're ALL a bunch of arrogant bastards.

I'm not, though. kthxbai

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 12:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Johnny,

Sorry, dude, but there is no f'ing way I'm going to read all that.

Does MMA fighting create arrogance? Some MMA fighters are severe alpha dogs, so yes. Others are more mellow. Nothing to do with the fighting.

Most aren't as p***ssed off in general as you may think. They have an avenue for getting their frustrations out in violence regularly, so that helps the general tranquility.

Many just blow off the stupid LARP'er TMA comments. It's real easy to shrug and say "why don't you come down to the gym on Friday and show me?"

Oh, and Phrost, in your avatar you are definitely not protecting your centerline. As a red belt you should know better....

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 1:30am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God fucking damnit mantid. You are dumb.

Closeness = Personal

Sure.... I guess. Maybe that's the case. However....

Personal =/= Arrogant

In fact, asshead, arrogance comes from trying to protect your personal ideas that you don't want challenged... in other words... IT COMES FROM A LEVEL OF BEING IMPERSONAL, NOT PERSONAL.

Dagon

P.S. **** you.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:35am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    God fucking damnit mantid. You are dumb.

P.S. **** you.
    He isn't dumb , dude just has a thick head and seems to have a hard time comunicating through the written word . I can vouch for this , what I can'r vouch for is some of the crazy **** he says .

I blame his blonde friend from the throwdown . You see that dudes uncle is a Ninjer . It is the only reason I can come up with .

Anyone who fights knows the whole process is HELLA personal . Tho I do agree that adding weapons with a long range , yeah that makes it less personal .

but I don't understand how that all applies to arrogance vs testing and being aware of ones abillities .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:53am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm... well, besides being quite efficient at maiming and killing, using a long-range weapon such as a gun certainly makes killing a less personal action. Choking them out until they expire requires both more sweat and resolve as well as enough psychopathology, fear, rage or objectification to finish the act. Don't know that this has **** to do with what you guys are talking about, but was inspired to note it here. Now, arrogance, that's another subject...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 7:55am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmantid
    If you bring a fight into a more personal level it brings feelings and also beliefs into play. When it becomes more personal it tends to bring out the I gotta prove something in someone thus causing arrogance. Not in everyone but the majority. Grant it the more advanced the grappeler the more hes just grappeling and the less attitude involved and the less arrogance, but not everyone is that experience. I also have to admit that in the gym you usually only meet those cool people, but those of us that don't go to grappeling schools/gyms usually don't get to see that side. Most of the time all some of us get to see of grappelers is on here their attitudes towards those who don't grappel and the few chance run ins at the bar with that guy that does submission grappeling. And that is about all some of us have to compare.
    This doesn't make any sense. A fight being on a personal level has to do with why the fight is happening and nothing about it being about grappling.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 8:00am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmantid
    Never once did I claim that arrogance is wrong maybe you should re read my posts to further understand what I was getting at. Or better yet take a psychology class at your local college. Im sure they could probably explain what I am trying to say a little better than I obviously am.
    I'm working on a Psych major right now and what you say doesn't make any sense.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 1:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: black lotus wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    martial arts should teach dicipline and respect. if you wind up arrogant, you missed something. after reading a few of the forums here(especially the ymas ones) that most of the trash talking comes from mma'ers, not all but most. its a sad trend really. but to say that mma creates arrogance is a little far fetched but its training regemen certainly does'nt do anything to curb that from its practioners.

arrogance is a personal problem.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 1:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never met an MMA guy a third of my size who was certain he could beat me in arm wrestling because he would paralyze my arm with chi (he didn't).
    Nor have I ever sparred an MMA guy who told me after it was all over that he would have killed me if he had cut loose with his deadly Xing Yi elbow strikes (teacher would not allow us to spar again with elbows allowed, so jury is out).
    And have I met an MMA guy who told me he created his own secret martial arts style based on five animal kung fu, "But the animals are demon possesed" then said he would never teach this style because it would be so easy to kill with.
    And hayleanwushu, go over to newbietown before someone else gives you the reaming out I am too polite to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 1:47pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    If you can't beat an unarmed man, how will you beat an armed man?
    Isn't this a little bit like "if you can't run how can you expect to fly" ?
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast