Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 2:31pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Man, what happened to the front kicks? Buakaw's complete ass-kicking of Masato in 2005 was wholly dictated by the front kicks that landed over an d over, kept Masato at range and let Buakaw pick him apart, and in this match I don't think he threw a single one. Whenever he kept it at kicking range he was smashing Masato; it was only when he got drawn into boxing exchanges he was getting hit and hurt. I love Buakaw, but he didn't have to lose this fight.
    I kinda have the same feeling, as much as I'm impressed by Masato steppin up his boxing game, it was more of Buakaw's losing then Masato winning. Didn't see the snappy front kicks from hell that he uses to unbalace opponents, and when he used them, you saw Masato in a world of pain. It was a classical case of bad strategy...Buakaw wanting to trade with someone who showed up with improved boxing.

Japanese referees in K1 should be shot!

Sower rocks...he's a slow starter, but when he starts with the fireworks, it's a thing of beauty!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 9:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sweet science eight limbs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    buakaw LOST?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *kills himself

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 9:43am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kidspatula posting:

OP, please edit your goddamn post. I sure am pissed about scrolling down and bumping into that spoiler. When you post tournament videos, DON'T POST THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE IN THE FINAL.

I guess this is what I get for clicking on a k-1 max thread on bullshido.

Posted On:
    10/10/2007 12:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No kidding, I stayed away from this, though expecting people to post spoilers.

Kyshenko was his name? He really used his longer range well. Against Zambidis he controlled that fight with excellent punch-round kick combos. I expected the experienced heavy hitter to get the KO but he never seriously threatened.

I also expected Buakaw to finally win a 20+ round decision after beating on Masato with front kicks, but those were strangely absent.

Did you see Kraus fighting with his mouth wide open for both his fights?!?

Tourney final: I thought Masato won the first round, and was expecting him to continue that effort but he came back to the corner slumped over. Souwer then stepped it out and got the TKO. So much respect for these guys, that go through many wars a night.

Another epic night. :5moon:
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2007 6:17pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Kidspatula posting:

OP, please edit your goddamn post. I sure am pissed about scrolling down and bumping into that spoiler. When you post tournament videos, DON'T POST THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE IN THE FINAL.

I guess this is what I get for clicking on a k-1 max thread on bullshido.
    Done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2007 6:22pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    I also expected Buakaw to finally win a 20+ round decision after beating on Masato with front kicks, but those were strangely absent.
    When the fought in 2004, I didn't know who to feel sorry for, Buakaw getting cheated with an absurd extra round, or Masato for having to live through another round.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12