223510 Bullies, 3527 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 10
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Fire123 is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    10/03/2007 6:28pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Weapons and General Info

    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I was wondering about weapons in martial arts. Like for instance is it okay to order specific weapons such as nunchaks or tonfas. I live in Texas and donít want to get in trouble for having an item that is classified as illegal. I am assuming that 12 inch foam nunchacks are okay to order? Like I could not walk down the street with a real tonfa or nunchaks and get in trouble, or have it in my car? I know that just about anything can be classified as a weapon. So what is legal to have?[/FONT]
  2. sdave is offline
    sdave's Avatar

    Banished to Fort Worth

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    782

    Posted On:
    10/03/2007 7:16pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carrying a firearm in your vehicle while traveling has long been lawful in Texas. Governor Perry signed HB 1815 into law, and it's now permissible to have one in your vehicle at nearly any time, so long as it is not in plain sight, the bearer is not engaged in any criminal activity, and the bearer is not a member of a gang.

    I have a very hard time imagining a scenario in which 'chucks would be useful.
    Last edited by sdave; 10/03/2007 7:20pm at .
    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.
  3. ysc87 is offline
    ysc87's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    LA/CA ; STL/MO
    Posts
    1,136

    Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:21pm


     Style: crapp-lawl-ing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    I have a very hard time imagining a scenario in which 'chucks would be useful.
    You're driving by a local High School, and they're hosting a "Bruce Lee imitation contest."

    What's a Bruce Lee outfit without nunchucks? See? Very useful in that scenario.
  4. reddraco is offline
    reddraco's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lubbock
    Posts
    369

    Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:24pm


     Style: Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Sdave. Carry a weapon in the car. I could not imagine needing to carry nunchucks on the street or why anyone would even want to. If you want to carry a gun all the time (mostly) then get a CHL like the rest of us did.
  5. sdave is offline
    sdave's Avatar

    Banished to Fort Worth

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    782

    Posted On:
    10/03/2007 11:53pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddraco
    If you want to carry a gun all the time (mostly) then get a CHL like the rest of us did.
    Ayup.

    Texas has a population of around 24 million. The state has issued around a quarter-million CHLs. So, at the outset, one percent of the population has actively pursued their legal right to walk around with a gun. On top of that, any law abiding citizen may drive around with a gun in his or her vehicle. Further, anyone may carry a gun while going to participate in (or leaving from) an activity like an IPSC handgun competition, Cowboy Action Shooting event, skeet and clay trap shoot, MENSA Shoot SIG, or any other venue in which the use of firearms is integral. Finally, there are a few thousand gun crimes prosecuted annually, suggesting that at least some criminals also carry guns illegally...

    In Texas it can be actively suicidal to think that anyone is not carrying a firearm.
    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.
  6. SFGOON is offline
    SFGOON's Avatar

    and humble, too!

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,208

    Posted On:
    10/04/2007 12:19am


     Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love your state!

    Mine is like the Texas of the west coast, you know.
  7. chemistry is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    139

    Posted On:
    10/04/2007 1:59pm


     Style: Shotokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire123
    I was wondering about weapons in martial arts. Like for instance is it okay to order specific weapons such as nunchaks or tonfas. I live in Texas and donít want to get in trouble for having an item that is classified as illegal. I am assuming that 12 inch foam nunchacks are okay to order? Like I could not walk down the street with a real tonfa or nunchaks and get in trouble, or have it in my car? I know that just about anything can be classified as a weapon. So what is legal to have?
    Texas laws consider nunchaku as a "club."

    http://dao-web.dao.hctx.net/ie/TEXAS...ONS%20LAWS.pdf

    Check under 46.02, regarding the legality of carrying around a "club."

    It could be either a 3rd degree felony (not likely), or a misdemeanor, but you aren't really allowed to carry around a "club."
  8. chemistry is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    139

    Posted On:
    10/04/2007 2:03pm


     Style: Shotokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The above post was regarding your intent to carry them on the street.

    If you're just possessing them for the purpose of martial arts study, and are going to or from class, etc., then you're not in any trouble, nor is it illegal to have them in your home.
  9. Eddie Hardon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,483

    Posted On:
    10/08/2007 8:03am


     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddraco
    I agree with Sdave. Carry a weapon in the car. I could not imagine needing to carry nunchucks on the street or why anyone would even want to. If you want to carry a gun all the time (mostly) then get a CHL like the rest of us did.
    WOW! What an Avatar.

    There IS a GOD.
  10. vigilus is offline
    vigilus's Avatar

    Infidel

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,294

    Posted On:
    10/08/2007 8:12am


     Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    WOW! What an Avatar.

    There IS a GOD.
    Porn on the internet?!

    BE RIGHT BACK!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.