Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 1:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshinryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Open MMA tournaments

Hey, I"m looking for an open MMA tournament, so I can see if my skills are worth ****.

As of now, the only Ametuer MMA competitions I've seen require that you sign up for some organization and wait for a promoter to book an event for you.

That's fine and dandy, but does any circuit, league exist (on the West Coast, or at least California) for MMA that lets you just show up, sign a wavier, and fight?

Also, what about under 18 MMA competition? Does it even happen?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:33am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your best bet would be a pankration tournament. while not the exact same as mma, it's pretty close. Check out posts made by member socalpankration. He's always advertising the next events in california.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:30am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by falconhunter202
    Hey, I"m looking for an open MMA tournament, so I can see if my skills are worth ****.

As of now, the only Ametuer MMA competitions I've seen require that you sign up for some organization and wait for a promoter to book an event for you.

That's fine and dandy, but does any circuit, league exist (on the West Coast, or at least California) for MMA that lets you just show up, sign a wavier, and fight?

Also, what about under 18 MMA competition? Does it even happen?
    I'm having one oct 13th. Invite only. If you'd like to come and compete I need to know who you train with.

*edit. I noticed on your profile you wanted to do a kickboxing match. I have a 17 year old who wants to do one too. He's been practicing the same amount of time. 14oz gloves, shin and head gear no knees no elbows leg kicks allowed; he's 5'10" 140-160 lbs kung-fu student red belt (under black). It's in 2 weeks but you
    Last edited by Omega; 10/03/2007 10:55am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 6:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your best bet would be a pankration tournament. while not the exact same as mma, it's pretty close. Check out posts made by member socalpankration. He's always advertising the next events in california.
    Thanks, I googled him, went to his myspace profile. His next open tournament is Nov. 4th in Santa Ana. Not exactly close to me, but I'll get down there if I get the chance.

I'm having one oct 13th. Invite only. If you'd like to come and compete I need to know who you train with.

*edit. I noticed on your profile you wanted to do a kickboxing match. I have a 17 year old who wants to do one too. He's been practicing the same amount of time. 14oz gloves, shin and head gear no knees no elbows leg kicks allowed; he's 5'10" 140-160 lbs kung-fu student red belt (under black). It's in 2 weeks but you
    The 13th? ****, too much stuff happens on that date. I'd like to come, but before I give up my other commitment, I'd need some more info on the event.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just like the one on Nov. 4th but less formal and inhouse. In other words we want a good spirit to the tournament rather than have a bunch of sandbaggers trying to prove a point to a bunch of neophytes. Double elimination held at my gym in Santa Barbara.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't look good. I'd need a bit more than ten days to prepare before I could travel four hundred miles, but I'm going to be at an IKF kickboxing tournament on the 27th.
    http://guilakarate.com/wp-content/up...ct-27-2007.pdf
    It's in Antioch, a good half-way point between Santa Barbara and Elk Grove. If your 17 year old shows up to that, I can meet your fighter and we can work something out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 7:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yo, Omega, the 13th just opened up for me. I might be able to make it down to your MMA tournament. What's the adress of your Santa Barbara Gym?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 7:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 10:18pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by falconhunter202
    Doesn't look good. I'd need a bit more than ten days to prepare before I could travel four hundred miles, but I'm going to be at an IKF kickboxing tournament on the 27th.
    http://guilakarate.com/wp-content/up...ct-27-2007.pdf
    It's in Antioch, a good half-way point between Santa Barbara and Elk Grove. If your 17 year old shows up to that, I can meet your fighter and we can work something out.
    Not to be an ass but Antioch is about 70 miles from Elk Grove, and Santa Barbara is 350mi from Antioch
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 11:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by antman
    Not to be an ass but Antioch is about 70 miles from Elk Grove, and Santa Barbara is 350mi from Antioch
    No, no, I'm the ass. I was hoping no one would pick up on that little detail, but I guess you saw through that. I'll try to find a real halfway point.