Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 1:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Radio Headsets

anyone have any idea where I can find a decent retailer for good two-way radio headsets?? I'm looking for the style that has two wires, one going to the mic, the other going to the small earpiece, usually clear or flesh coloured. Think secret service type.

I didn't think it would be so hard to find them. The guys at radio shack didn't have a clue what i was talking about, the army surplus guy shrugged when I described them, and even the local spy-vs-spy guy said he never got them in. With all the security guards, bouncers, and cops that have this kind of gear im suprised no one knows anything about them. They aren't even easy to find online! E-bay had a million different styles and choices, but im hesitant to buy from some guy in Hong Kong. Warranty much?

Motorola.com is a waste of time; no I don't want to buy a fucking Razr.

Anyone know of a good place I can order online?

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 1:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know somebody who had some custom made for working at events like the Vancouver indy and concerts and stuff. $300 bucks a pair, earpiece had to be custom fitted. I don't talk to that chick anymore (yikes, like srsly) but i think shure made them.

OH HAY LOOK WOT I FOUND ON GOOGLE (first try :p )

http://www.protectear.com/products/list_products.asp

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 1:39am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at my work, we deal with one particular company

instacomm

having provided the link tho, i'd have to say i didn't get a great impression from them as to their customer service

but anything u want, they'll get....but u'll need to be specific about the type of ear pieces cuz either the guy u talk to has no idea, or their selection is too big to narrow down unless u know the product codes (i sent them pictures of the styles i wanted, and they got it for me)

the secret service type, if its the one i'm thinking of, has a clip for te ear piece wire, clear colored usually, and is twirled like a coil

otherwise, its the black one i'm used to seeing in clubs, one to the ear with a shitty bud that falls out all the time, and the other is the mic

their contact info says oakville ontario, but they deal all across North America

hope that helps.....i won't direct u to the contact we have locally, as i think he's a douche

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya the first kind is the type im looking for. My security company got the second type this year, they suck ****! They don't stay in, we tape them in. It looks like crap and they hurt.

My bar has the motorola boom type, with the mic and earpiece together that hang on your ear. They are ok, but they don't block out that much sound, are harder to hear than good ear buds, and aren't very comfortable.

The first link didn't help much. I need the ones that have two prongs that go into the radio; one longer than the other.

Hank, thanks for the site. I'll email them asking what they have. You think they have that style? The website seems to show mostly just the radio shack style of radios.

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 2:43am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they have it...or should i say, they can get it

their site does suck, it gives barely any info
    but they can get anything from the manufacturers like motorolla, or even the cheaper generic no name brands as well

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:19am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OTTO Engineering

They have dealers in Canada. I have some of their stuff, it's first rate professional equipment and affordable.