Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 3:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    How bout you take up a martial art before you come back and post again.
    Sounds like wonderful advice to me, why don't you follow it yourself, Chunner?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 1:02am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    This is it.... but he was in my guard.

Hey, I use that technique from the guard! I manage to get it like once on every new person I roll with, then never again. Once you get the wrist past 45 degrees, you can easilly maintain control and apply slow pressure. If you crank on it it hurts like hell (and you're being a dick).

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 1:28am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've noticed a consistent trend of Codos hijacking MMA terminology to justify his terrible training. This is probably one of those time

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 1:35am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    I've noticed a consistent trend of Codos hijacking MMA terminology to justify his terrible training. This is probably one of those time
    Only some of my training is terrible (my ground grappling is extremely infrequent)

EDIT: can you provide some examples? I'm not calling you a liar or anything, just curious.
    Last edited by Permalost; 10/04/2007 2:06am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 2:19am

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my own limited experience from being mugged at knife point my attacker managed to grab a couple of my fingers and tried to get me to submit by bending them back but given the situation I wouldn't give in so easily.
    Of course when he pointed out he had a knife I gave him what he wanted I don't want to rule out small joint manipulation but I don't believe it's going to stop someone intent on doing you harm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 4:16am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    What the **** is this thread? **** like that MAY help you pry a grip lose and/or injure the digit. It won't win the fight.
    Well, it was a legitimate question. And the general consensus is pretty much how you said it. It MIGHT be useful.
    Also, you biting JSF in the finger practically qualifies as small joint manipulation :icon_twis

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 4:53am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    This is it.... but he was in my guard.

* edit * ... wow I just noticed , he is doing it wrong .... you gotta block the elbow more , push together more , point that damn Ki finger at his feet and choke up on that grip too .., */edit*
    I think we called that one a "S Lock" . It is one of the few SJMs I remember and occasionally use from Hapkido , but I don't like it for two reasons :
    1. it is a distraction not a submission from what I have seen and experienced , people say you can destroy the wrist rapidly with it ... but I haven't tried one all out with that intention .

2. it is a 2 on 1 ... so ... what is his other arm doing ? Bad situation to get yourself in when you are hunting for a distraction to scramble away . ( my positional goal on the ground is usually "away" .)

I break/jam/dislocate my own fingers constantly while sparring/rolling . So I have very little to no faith in finger locks . Wrist locks and other SJM ? Well it is a mixed bag but most are lower %ile .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/04/2007 4:59am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 5:09am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    Only some of my training is terrible (my ground grappling is extremely infrequent)

EDIT: can you provide some examples? I'm not calling you a liar or anything, just curious.
    "Guard" and "roll" in your last post.

25 examples of you using "clingh", 11 of "takedown", 43 of "guard" and Some highlights.

Basically, pankration rules allow hand strikes, kicks and knees to the body and legs, fighting from the clinch, and groundfighting. No head contact, so it favors the grappler. I've developed the weird habit of striking with chops to the ribs while groundfighting.
    The pull guard to sweep is something I'm alright at doing from a clinch.
    At a lower intensity level where both people are comfortable, I work in headbutts, thumbs to the eyes, web hands to the throat, striking all sides of the neck, wrenching the shoulder and elbow, cupped hand strikes to the eardrums, straight kicks to the knee, chopping the kidneys (from a clinch position with at least one underhook), and strikes to the groin (I attack the inside thigh for safety).
    I never really thought it was a great idea, but I'm pretty much the only one who ever takes it to the ground and everyone else spars pretty light. I've been trying to instil the value of getting some proper gear so they can up the contact, and whenever there's going to be pure grappling we move to the grass. I'll only try for a takedown on the concrete if I feel like I can control it very well (I usually can because I'm bigger).
    God help your school and the third world squat it rents space from it if you're on of the big guys there.

At my last pankration tourney I threw some leopard fists from the guard to the ribs, but those were desperation strikes.
    As this video shows, you have terrible guardwork.

Its one of the best ways I've found to set up this hold:

When you step in to strike underneath the arm, people tend to pull their elbow in to protect the ribs, putting them in position to lock the wrist. Its pretty much only standing wrist lock that I really like.

It seems I've departed from the topic of striking and being funny, and even managing to throw in crappling. I'll bet DHS is laughing
    Actually, no, we're not especially amused.

I believe my first was a rear naked choke. Later, my opponent leaned back into a calf crusher from my open guard, and I applied the same submission to his leg. Basically, neither of us was very good at what we were doing. I believe I got a gooseneck from the guard that night, too. Nobody lets me get that one anymore.
    You just admitted to engaging in gotarded calf squeezing wars.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 5:55am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    They work best in non fight situations I think.
    Torture.

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 9:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tell me that wasn't a serious post.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast