Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:59pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your ear crackles, it's most likely the cartilage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 3:49pm

Style: Not lost...Found Judo+MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a motivated and determined attacker, joint attacks may not work a la Segal films depict.

I've had my finger broken during Judo randori, I heard a "pop", it slowed me down a bit, but I kept it moving and I knew something was wrong afterwards since it was all crooked.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    If your ear crackles, it's most likely the cartilage.
    Or gas produced by rotting material popping its way out through a mass of hair and earwax. Clean your fucking ears you pigs!!!!:pottytrai
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 4:07pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, and you call the french dirty? That's just gross.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 4:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I won a grappling match with SJM, he went for an ankle lock when he knew that I was having ankle problems, so I grabbed his foot and did my bet to put his big toe on the bottom of his foot. I think they called it Oyagoroshi in my Ninja days. It worked, he tapped and then wanted to know what the hell I did.

SJM works sometimes, but in the mix I go for Big toes on the ground (of course it is negated with shoes) and you really have to put someone's finger on the back of their hand, not just some little twisty thing. Take it one way and then at right angles. In my limited usage (three times off the mat) it has worked.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 4:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    If it's so effective why aren't BJJ comps won with that as soon as the opponent takes a lapel grip instead of wasting all that time on the ground?
    This kind of wrist manipulation works, I did it off of a lapel grab. Of course, I didn't try some standing technique, I just tightened it up and sprawled, straight down to the mat. His hand went with me, along with his arm and the rest of him. The **** hurts.

Of course, he didn't shoot, as most grapplers do. It was almost as if he had never seen it before so he wasn't threatened by it. Of course, he was a green belt (at Carl Wilcox' place in Asheville, by UNCA)

Who does that kind of thing, really? I've only tried it once on the mat, I think because it was a perfect opportunity to do it.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    I won a grappling match with SJM, he went for an ankle lock when he knew that I was having ankle problems, so I grabbed his foot and did my bet to put his big toe on the bottom of his foot. I think they called it Oyagoroshi in my Ninja days. It worked, he tapped and then wanted to know what the hell I did.

SJM works sometimes, but in the mix I go for Big toes on the ground (of course it is negated with shoes) and you really have to put someone's finger on the back of their hand, not just some little twisty thing. Take it one way and then at right angles. In my limited usage (three times off the mat) it has worked.
    Instead of just tapping or saying "hey, not that ankle, it's busted".
    You sound like a great guy. I bet this other guy had no formal grappling training other than your ninjerism, am I right?
    More human than human is our motto.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 8:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    You sound like a great guy. I bet this other guy had no formal grappling training other than your ninjerism, am I right?
    I already told him to watch that ankle. Some people just don't listen.

& no, he was another guy at Carl Wilcox' place in Asheville, by UNCA

I trained there for a couple months & then unexpectedly moved to Houston for work

& I AM A GREAT GUY.... ^_^

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    10/12/2007 10:04am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Or gas produced by rotting material popping its way out through a mass of hair and earwax. Clean your fucking ears you pigs!!!!:pottytrai
    Actually, I was just making a joke about broken cartilage in my ear.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Pingo

Posted On:
    10/12/2007 10:25am

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    You sound like a great guy.
    Second that, how do you know he didn't just forget in the heat of the moment while grappling? Grabbing toes is a dick move when you're grappling, man, that kind of thing gets you thrown off the mats at the places I train.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast