Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:29am

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    yeah i agree with teh Mike.
    if i may also suggest you the following options: grab her foot, bite through her achilles tendent (or however you spell that), or you can catch the leg, elbow the knee or thigh karatekidstyle and kick her in the groin.

or (my choice) you let her win and say: oops you've won! great game, now lets hit the showers.

did i ever tell you you look really good in that outfit?
    your eyes really come out coz of it.
    if you soap my back ill soap yours..etc etc etc
    She's the hottest chick at the place besides the milfs... Should have tried that tactic.

No pushy pushy. Bad sportsmanship. No elbows, knees, or sweeps.

Isn't that a fun ruleset!

I'm done venting about a sore loss, but I'm not done with this association for a while yet.:XXpuke:

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:30am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril
    She's not kicking hard enough To really block.

It'd just go back into chamber unless you gave her a cross to the friggin shin.

Since she's in a chambered postion with the leg up, her body is effectively covered from any punches unless you move the leg. She can flick her leg out quick enough to tap you in the head or body. No shots below the waist, so no going after supporting leg, and even though I caught one of her kicks in my hands, the fact that she touched my gi meant that she got the point. T3h d34d1y for Point-TKD.
    Wow, I had always heard about point sparring, but.. :icon_eek:

I have no solution for that other than to stand outside her range and make here come to you, unless she does this little hoppy thing on one foot, then I would keep circling.. :icon_eek: .. wow. this just sucks.

How about a single leg into side control then straight to an americana? I know its illegal but dam, it would have to feel soooo good.

*wonders off in stunned silence :icon_eek: *

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:36am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril
    Since she's in a chambered postion with the leg up, her body is effectively covered from any punches unless you move the leg. She can flick her leg out quick enough to tap you in the head or body. No shots below the waist, so no going after supporting leg, and even though I caught one of her kicks in my hands, the fact that she touched my gi meant that she got the point. T3h d34d1y for Point-TKD.

< Miyagi Voice >

If do right, No can Defend.

If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please tell me you are not at the ATA school in Tallahassee!!! PLEASE!!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    Please tell me you are not at the ATA school in Tallahassee!!! PLEASE!!!!
    God no. ITA. Almost as bad, huh....

I plan on reviewing the school in full brutal detail after a couple more months, by then I'll have anecdotal evidence of its not too terrible-iness.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:14am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to just RUIN her day stay in a relatively square stance, especially if she likes lead leg round kicks. Make sure that her kick will hit either your back or your arm when she throws it. Now as soon as she chambers throw a lead leg front kick, but make it a push kick. The objective is to hit her chambered leg. This technique is legal because her leg will be above her belt at the time which means you were "aiming" for a legal point zone and she interposed her leg. The result will be her flying backwards and falling down. Repeat until she stops that stupid ****.

If she CONTINUES to do that stupid **** then from that same mostly square stance start throwing lead leg axe kicks, your "target" is the middle of her chest. You're actual objective is to slam your heel down onto the top of her thigh a few times. If she can still pick her leg up for that stupid **** then start fighting with your back 3/4 of the way towards her so that she has to throw the back leg round kick to hit your stomach. As soon as she throws the back leg round kick you throw reverse side kick. Her kick hits your back/arm. Your kick plants her in the stomach.

These are all tried and true point sparring techniques. I've used them all. I'm damn good at playing high speed tag. Enjoy!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    < Miyagi Voice >

If do right, No can Defend.

a fried of mine talks like this.
    when we play judo and he's explaining me stuff i have a hard time not to laugh..ghehe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    If you want to just RUIN her day stay in a relatively square stance, especially if she likes lead leg round kicks. Make sure that her kick will hit either your back or your arm when she throws it. Now as soon as she chambers throw a lead leg front kick, but make it a push kick. The objective is to hit her chambered leg. This technique is legal because her leg will be above her belt at the time which means you were "aiming" for a legal point zone and she interposed her leg. The result will be her flying backwards and falling down. Repeat until she stops that stupid ****.

If she CONTINUES to do that stupid **** then from that same mostly square stance start throwing lead leg axe kicks, your "target" is the middle of her chest. You're actual objective is to slam your heel down onto the top of her thigh a few times. If she can still pick her leg up for that stupid **** then start fighting with your back 3/4 of the way towards her so that she has to throw the back leg round kick to hit your stomach. As soon as she throws the back leg round kick you throw reverse side kick. Her kick hits your back/arm. Your kick plants her in the stomach.

These are all tried and true point sparring techniques. I've used them all. I'm damn good at playing high speed tag. Enjoy!
    I enjoy this response. And I will give a try tonight. I'm sure I'll get another chance with a "flicker" tonight, and this'll make things fun. Thank you for the advice. I'm not too fond of Point sparring, and we don't do it often. This is time to prepare for the "tournament" coming, so it's different than our usual format. Interesting though, to see exactly how much the game changes when all that matters is touching and power doesn't play a role.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon

ghehe...silly kids...

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:36am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    ghehe...silly kids...
    I agree, I still like the idea of a single leg into some kind of submission.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast