Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:22am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was curious about the leg grabbing thing also because I just learned about beach wrestling. It is supposed to be a new and really accessible style of wrestling that combines a lot of international traditions.

http://www.mwausa.org/usa-beach-wres...ship-2006.html

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Erm, you can learn stuff in the jungle. Stupid rules are stupid rules.
    Depend on the context. This isn't just a sport, but a religious event, and for all we know the rules may be dicated by what they deem important or taboo. The goals are clearly a test of manhood and of a religions significance. They may not have anything to do with practicality. Keep that in mind when you call something or somebody stupid.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing that I'm not clear and which is not explained in the show (no fault of it) is this:

In the show, it is called Kalapalo wrestling. However, the Kalapalo is only one of the several tribes/ethnic groups that make up the people in the Xingu National Park and Reservation. The Kalapalo are just about 400, recovering from almost close extintion/assimilation a few decades ago.

However, at the big gathering, there were hundred of competitors. Obviously, many of them were not Kalapalo. So this form of wrestling must not be strictly a Kalapalo sport, nor it's really called Kalapalo wrestling.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I think I found the explanation:

http://www.amazonz.info/xingu/index.html

The indigenous Amazonian Indians inhabiting the Xingu River basin in Brazil are not a single tribe. Although commonly referred to as "Xingu Indians" as if they were a single tribe, in reality they are composed of many different ethnic groups including Aweti, Kalapalo, Kamayura, Kapayo, Kuikuro, Maitipu, Nahukwa, Mehinaku, Suya, Trumai, Waura, and Yawalapiti tribes. Although they are composed of different tribes speaking different languages, the Xingu Indians share a common culture and practice the same ceremonies.

*** stuf ***

The most famous ceremony practiced by the Xingu Indians is called Kuarup (sometimes spelled Kwarip, Kwarup, or even Quarup) or the "Ceremony of the Dead."

*** stuff ***

One of the most colorful events is the Huka-Huka wrestling matches between the men of the hosting village and other communities. Huka-Huka wrestling is one of the last rituals of the Kuarup and takes place at sunrise on the final day of the Kuarup. Interestingly, Xingu Indian men are distinguished from other Amazonian natives by being very muscular and stout; thus they are superbly adapted to wrestling competition. Many Xingu Indians decorate their bodies with paintings of animals that are important in their religion and cosmology. A Huka-Huka match ends when one of the wrestlers is knocked down by the other.

So I guess Kalapalo wrestling is a misnomer, and Huka-Huka is the actual name of the activity in question.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 12:23pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    The amount of stupidy flowing from your post resembles a deluged lake of **** going over its banks. The show is more a cultural exploration of warrior/competitive tribal cultures than a documentary on the finest combat techniques every devised by man.

What the **** were you expecting? Karelin? And to actually concentrate on tribal nudity going "he, boobies" shows what a sad fucking ethnocentric mcdonalized racist disgraceful piece of **** you are.

Teh El Nacho. Get over yourself you steroid freak. This forum is not exactly an intelectual exchange of knowledge and you certainly are not going to receive a Mensa invite anytime soon. If you were not looking the the girls you must have been to occupied with the guys loin cloths....

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 12:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Teh El Nacho. Get over yourself you steroid freak.
    If you really believe I'm an steroid freak you have to be the weirdest, rachitic, dried out piece of **** that could possibly come out of an utherus. And the fact that you choose to call me Nacho (as if that was supposed to be an insult or sneer) just proves what I said about you (something along the lines of being a mcdonalized ethnocentric racist piece of ****.)

This forum is not exactly an intelectual exchange of knowledge
    Which doesn't mean you have to be a fucking moron. Look at everybody else here, and you look at you.

and you certainly are not going to receive a Mensa invite anytime soon.
    Certainly not from you.

If you were not looking the the girls you must have been to occupied with the guys loin cloths....
    * the fact that the only options you have are either "look at the girls" or "look at the guys",
    * the fact that you think that can come as an insult,
    * the fact that I necessarily have to be pigeonholed on those two choices any rather than comtemplating the possibility (remote in your feeble little mind) that it's neither, and
    * the fact that it's been only you who has made that kind of comment

says far more about your proclivities (which you somehow believe you can impute on me as some form of highschoolish insult) than anything that you can say about me.

Try again.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 12:58pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    If you really believe I'm an steroid freak you have to be the weirdest, rachitic, dried out piece of **** that could possibly come out of an utherus. And the fact that you choose to call me Nacho (as if that was supposed to be an insult or sneer) just proves what I said about you (something along the lines of being a mcdonalized ethnocentric racist piece of ****.)

Which doesn't mean you have to be a fucking moron. Look at everybody else here, and you look at you.

Certainly not from you.

* the fact that the only options you have are either "look at the girls" or "look at the guys",
    * the fact that you think that can come as an insult,
    * the fact that I necessarily have to be pigeonholed on those two choices any rather than comtemplating the possibility (remote in your feeble little mind) that it's neither, and
    * the fact that it's been only you who has made that kind of comment

says far more about your proclivities (which you somehow believe you can impute on me as some form of highschoolish insult) than anything that you can say about me.

Try again.

"Teh El Nacho". What is it with you an racism. I said nothing racist. Just that the women where best part of show. You must have taken tooo many roids. or are ghey.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 1:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He, you said ghey. How offensive.

You said roids. Suuuuure, yeah, I do roids (God, that's so fucking funny, the irony of this escapes you.)

And Nacho, too (answer to your last question.)

-- EDIT --

And whatever dude. If you want to keep it going, fine with me. I'm done with you and said what needed to be said.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 10/05/2007 1:18pm at .

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sempaiman... projecting much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 1:42pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you were not looking the the girls you must have been to occupied with the guys loin cloths....
    I like the logic. You don't happen to be a Republican government official by any chance, right?

You want breasts, go look for it on the internet. Getting turned on by women showcased on the Discovery Channel just lets us know that you're an undereducated minor.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast