Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 9:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Last One Standing?

A new tv series by discovery channel.. sounds interesting, i was wondering if anyone knows more about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_On...28TV_Series%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 9:38am

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's been on in the UK called "last man standing" over here. I enjoyed it. It's been discussed already thou':

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60386

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 8:30am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw episode last night, the wrestling was horrible. The rules where worst. About the only good thing was some of the tribe girls thet showed. Lots of nice boobies and and even some runway shaves. Saying that the big guy was best fighter was a joke.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The amount of stupidy flowing from your post resembles a deluged lake of **** going over its banks. The show is more a cultural exploration of warrior/competitive tribal cultures than a documentary on the finest combat techniques every devised by man.

What the **** were you expecting? Karelin? And to actually concentrate on tribal nudity going "he, boobies" shows what a sad fucking ethnocentric mcdonalized racist disgraceful piece of **** you are.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 8:54am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the wrestling episode was pretty interesting. I can't believe that dude threw sand in the big guys face! lol

Those rules were terrible though. How is a leg grab a win? No need to actually single leg me, just grab it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 8:57am

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Saw episode last night, the wrestling was horrible. The rules where worst. .

Come on . You have to remeber that these are tribes from the jungle. Not a group of people who can pop into a local gym or dojo to learn stuff.

And the rules were to imitate when they were in a battle. Saying someone looses when they have their leg grabbed or when they get picked up is to resemble getting thrown in battle I would say .

If you got thrown then pretty much were dead. When the guys would get tossed their was a guy that came up with a spear and looked like he kinda jabbed it towrds them as if stabbing .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The tossing is fine. It was the weird. lol I almost had a single you lose rule that I didn't get.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It must have some sort of religious/taboo significance (pure speculation from my part). Remember that this sport is not just a replacement for warfare among the tribes, but it is also part of a funerary ritual. This is where the show is lacking - an explanation of how things came into being the way they are was missing, but that'd be too much to expect from all the material that had to be cropped to fit in 60 minutes.

Other than that, I don't see any practical application or origin to that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by jtkarate
    If you got thrown then pretty much were dead. When the guys would get tossed their was a guy that came up with a spear and looked like he kinda jabbed it towrds them as if stabbing .
    Yep, moreover, if you can see when the dude get tossed (miracle he didn't break a bone), the native wrestler kicked sand at him, while the other guy wasn't just faking a spear jab but also laughing. Who knows what the sand kicking means (perhaps "you suck" or "you are not fighting well enough and it's not honorable" or some other stuff like that.)

-- EDIT --

Sharkie, I think it was not just grabbing but holding onto it. I will have to watch the episode again, but if my memory is correct, I think I saw at least one bout where a fight wasn't stopped when one of the dudes grabbed the other one's leg (he grabbed and lost it.) I'll have to watch it again.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 10/05/2007 9:14am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    The amount of stupidy flowing from your post resembles a deluged lake of **** going over its banks. The show is more a cultural exploration of warrior/competitive tribal cultures than a documentary on the finest combat techniques every devised by man.

What the **** were you expecting? Karelin? And to actually concentrate on tribal nudity going "he, boobies" shows what a sad fucking ethnocentric mcdonalized racist disgraceful piece of **** you are.
    Quoted for thruth.

Well, the rules were "interesting" for lack of a better term; I think is a nice interesting window into tribal traditions, even if the people involve and doing the voice overs are a bunch of idiots.

Man, the competitors are a bunch of lousy egomaniacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, and these dudes ain't far away from your home, no ;) These guys are almost right up close to Vene. I wanna see the Zulu stickfighting episode. Those participants are gonna get wacked!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast