1. #591
    Thaiboxerken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    6,349
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108

    If you're going to accuse me of lying, you have to prove it.
    You proved it yourself. Thanks for playing though.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

  2. #592

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,944
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can you say stupid argument over semantics?

  3. #593
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    You proved it yourself. Thanks for playing though.
    It must nice for you to be able ignore logic.

  4. #594
    Thaiboxerken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    6,349
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    drama picture
    I agree. Those forms advocates sure to get dramatic when forms are criticized as being an effective training method.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

  5. #595
    Thaiboxerken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    6,349
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    It must nice for you to be able ignore logic.
    You've presented no logic, thus I have not ignored logic at all.

    1. Sparring is not fighting. When I spar, I do all kinds of things I wouldn't try in a real fight, because I'm learning what may or may not work. I don't know how you spar, but sparring is a training/learning activity, not a fight.

    2. My question implied effective use of forms movements, only an idiot wouldn't see that implication.

    3. A rare occurrence in a fight simply proves that sometimes even the most idiotic techniques work in a fight.

    4. If the stuff in forms actually worked, the fights would resemble those forms, at least on the side of the forms practitioner.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

  6. #596
    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld supporting member
    Tom Kagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,601
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I agree. Those forms advocates sure to get dramatic when forms are criticized as being an effective training method.

    From my vantage point, those "forms advocates" only are "sure to get dramatic" when forms are criticized by posters whom they believe are non-fighters. They appear to me like they have discussions with posters they consider fighters; the drama starts with the posters they consider to be sycophants.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

  7. #597
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,358
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forms are really only good for practicing in pools for your training montage.


    Also, they're a great way to sell a lot of lessons and not have to actually teach a class.

    "Hey class, work on Pinan Sandan, I'll be back in two hours and we'll do some reverse punches from horse stance and call it a night"

  8. #598
    Bahuyuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    786
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    ...
    Although I'd love to see a Monkey Kung Fu form that includes a sprawl.
    I believe the evidence speaks for itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #599
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I agree. Those forms advocates sure to get dramatic when forms are criticized as being an effective training method.
    You're such a moron. I don't advocate forms as a training method, and I've criticized them here, on MAP, and on Warrior-Scholar. Keep attacking your strawmen. It's fun watching you go after chum like an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    1. Sparring is not fighting. When I spar, I do all kinds of things I wouldn't try in a real fight, because I'm learning what may or may not work. I don't know how you spar, but sparring is a training/learning activity, not a fight.
    Semantics, especially re: your comments in a thread about Idiot Monkey Boy's performance in a "fight".

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    2. My question implied effective use of forms movements, only an idiot wouldn't see that implication.
    And you, like an idiot, assumed my answer had to do with effectiveness. Take the bait like a good little fish...

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    3. A rare occurrence in a fight simply proves that sometimes even the most idiotic techniques work in a fight.
    You asked a question. I answered. You called bullshit and asked for video, I told you where to find it. Just give up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    4. If the stuff in forms actually worked, the fights would resemble those forms, at least on the side of the forms practitioner.
    Um.

    Duh...:XXspam:

  10. #600
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Forms are really only good for practicing in pools for your training montage.


    Also, they're a great way to sell a lot of lessons and not have to actually teach a class.

    "Hey class, work on Pinan Sandan, I'll be back in two hours and we'll do some reverse punches from horse stance and call it a night"
    They're also decent for impressing chicks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO