Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:09pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Oh, I agree Asia. He stood no chance. Its that I'm actually surprised he put up a scuffle at all.
    Neko and I (and I bet Anthony as well) were very surprised as well. It can be argued that he came up banging hard due to his training or just pure physical skills. But he was quite close to end it as Anthony said. If Anthony hadn't fall on the ropes, if he had fallen inside, the fight would have been over.

However, a few things to consider (from my comfortable armchair):

1. Rudy trained for the takedown. Semi-decent spraw. No way in hell that a person can pull that out without drilling this a couple of times against a resisting training partner. He managed to stop several takedowns, from a dude driving his 200lbs+ onto him. This wasn't a fluke, but the result of a deliberate choice in training a modicum of wrestling. This is what allowed him the most to put some hurt onto Anthony. How does that fit into his 25 years of KF experience? Who knows/

2. He trained for the clinch. Specifically, he trained to clinch and swing his opponent around. Was this part of his 25 years of experience? Who knows.

3. Had Rudy trained in MT roundhouse kicks (the ones he called ineffective) rather than those front kicks, he could have ended the fight right at 0:34.

4. Even though he hits hard, Rudy's punches were pretty sloppy. If he had better striking, he could have won quicker (see mark 0:57 - that's some ugly ass haymaking punching no matter how you cut it.)

Regardless, at least he showed up and can show he can put some hurt. But it's obvious he trained for MMA (or for his version of anti-MMA.) This also speaks volumes given the vast difference in the amount of years each of these two men have devoted to their training.

And **** Anthony, I have to say it as well. You lost quite a lot of weight since the last time I saw you. You look fucking solid, man!!! Good work!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:12pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I saw pretty much the performance I expected. Abel looked like a scrappy cat from his old sparring videos and that's always great. But technically, dude is just as bad as I thought he'd be.

I figured anthony would win this as long as he didnt try to stand up with Abel and I figured Abel would stand a decent chance of winning if the fight stayed standing for long, afterall, he's a big dude and a big dude doesnt have tobe good to be good enough to rock or KO someone. Anthony's standup defense could use some work (and I think anthony would probably be well served by moving more to a clinch/upper body take down game because it would make it easier for anthony to keep his focus on protecting his head). I've never rolled with anthony, but clearly his ground game works just fine.

After all the **** Abel gave Anthony about his first MMA fight, all the avatars of anthony getting hit on the ground ny a trained athlete, this outcome is a beautiful thing.
    it is poetic justice... karma :)

**** I'm tired. I'm going to sleep. Let's see how much this thread grows by tomorrow morning :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:19pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rudy should consider hiring me for some private lessons. Getting in and landing big hits right out of the chute is my specialty.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    56 posts? 56 posts and no one has made fun of Rudy's hair?

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, Anthony, this was a fun day, thanks brother.

Congrats to Anthony and Rudy, they put on a nice show and at the end the best man won, Ant, I know we were giving you **** on the restaurant, but brother, you makes us proud.

Here's another angle on the same fight (El Macho had a much better angle, the ref kept posting himself between me and the fight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-IqpinodSM

enjoy fuckers
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:30pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice, I was wondering what happened to the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

yes....

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:33pm

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony... camera guys... good job. :)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    56 posts? 56 posts and no one has made fun of Rudy's bandanna and biker motif?

Fixed that for you.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony, man, you gotta start from the knees less :P

Seriously, though, I really had my money on "last minute excuses" so I am very pleased a match took place at all . . . he really rocked you with the monkey paw there for a second, man.

What took place between you at the end? Did he ask for you to stop or did you just tag him and give him a breather?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know now is the time for uncorking the champagne and goodwill flattery friendship bracelets, enchanting and magical, forged from liquified rainbow for this, the glorious triumph of Good over evil, of Bullshido vs. That One Envision Board That Used To Be Called Truth Martial Arts But Then Just Became, Colloquially, Rudy's Board. If the JFS Fight was the Two Towers, this was our Minas Tirith, the day the world declared in one voice WE WILL NOT SLIP QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT. This is the Mission Control scene from any Jerry Bruckheimer film where a madman screams into a headpiece "He did it! The sonuvabitch DID IT!" and confetti rains from the ceiling, and a wizened general puts his arm around the young boy whose father died on that ship, and tells him what a brave man your father was. It's when Sylvester Stallone won the World Armwrestling Championships and his child custody battle AT THE SAME TIME. It's the conclusion to every fist-pumping world-fucking 80's montage set to Simple Minds. It's an enormous cock you just have to suck. And in a mood like that, we show our best nature, our capacity to emphathize with others swells and we forgive all tresspasses for the petty frivolities they are.

So that's cool, and I respect you guys for that, but I'd like to be the first to jump on Teabagging Rudy session, reserve my spot in line if I may and point out that like two hours ago we were talking about how much of a douche Rudy is, and I for one would like to point out that the only difference is tonight Rudy is an exceptionally lumpy douche.

That said, I know Rudy's reading this and I'd like to wave to the camera, if I may, and hold up a sign, only instead of HI MOM it says 25 YEARS OF TRAINING CANNOT STUFF A GRACIE TACKLE THAT WAS FUCKING PATHETIC. then, for clarity's sake and because I understand too many sequential capitals dilutes the tone of the message, I switch to a new card that reads ANTHONY HAD BEEN TRAINING MMA FOR 10 MONTHS. 10 MONTHS. YOU ARE THE TOP OF YOUR ART AND YOU WERE BEAT BY FOUR. MONTHS. New card. DON'T TRY TO PUT A POSITIVE SPIN ON IT. DON'T DOWNPLAY THE ENORMITY OF YOUR FAILURE. THAT WASN'T EVEN A GOOD GUARD PASS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzLlWZIiXo

YOU SEE THIS? YOU FLOPPED AWAY AND TURTLED LIKE EVERY STEREOTYPICAL KUNG FU "MASTER" IN EVERY SINGLE KUNG FU VIDEO YOU CLAIMED YOU WERE MAGICALLY DIFFERENT THAN. RUDY ABEL, YOU ARE A CLICHE.

Out of signs, I would like to be the official Badwill Ambassador here and just remind Rudy that all of his ****-talking priveldges are hereby and forevermore revoked. Please hoist yourself upon the cross here sir and we'll try to get this done as quickly as we can.
    Last edited by Boyd; 10/01/2007 10:43pm at .
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast