Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:00am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz
    Watch the vid posted by Neko. In the first video it's a bad angle and it looks like it was a bad restart (to me), but in Neko's you can see Anthony is about to stand up but his legs are caught in the ropes, and he's in danger of falling out of the ring. The ref seemed totally unbiased to me, and a genuine class act.
    It looks like a bad restart to me in both vids. Anthony falls face down, after the attempted double, Rudy is swinging at Anthony and people are rushing in to seperate. At the time they arrive Anthony is on one knee. Really i think it should have either been left for a bit, or to restart in the same position in the middle of the ring. I think Rudy was in a good position to finish the fight.

In any case i don't want to take anything away from either fighter, good job to both. Didn't look all that pretty but fights rarely do. And Congrats to Anthony for the win, you showed some good g'n'p.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:03am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    However, a few things to consider (from my comfortable armchair):

1. Rudy trained for the takedown. Semi-decent sprawl. No way in hell that a person can pull that out without drilling this a couple of times against a resisting training partner. How does that fit into his 25 years of KF experience? Who knows/
    to be fair, I've been trained to sprawl at my kung fu school, but only as part of training for sanshou......

I've also been trained not to use front kicks in sparring though....

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:04am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    You will hereby be referred to as "El Matador Del Mono"
    Hahahaha, I just logged in and this is the first post I see. LOL. It really made my day :)

And for all of you who keep mumbling in disagreement for giving credit to Rudy for finally showing up to fight, consider this:

He's only receiving praise for showing up and throwing leather. Nothing more, nothing less. Anthony showed some class and shook hands with him after fighting, that's an example all of us should follow. Two men talk **** to each other into a challenge, and finally meet to beat the **** out each other. And when it's done, they leave it there. That's how men do it. Little punks talk **** after a fight, over and over and over.

Anthony showed he is a man. Hopefully Rudy will do the same.

To assume that modicum of courtesy (acknowledging that Rudy manned up and showed up to fight) is a free pass that erases all the stupid **** that happened before, which was all Rudy's doing, that's short-sighted. Actually, no, it's fucking retarded.

At the end of the day, this is what this place is all about: if you talk ****, you man up. After so many years, Rudy finally did.

For that, and for that alone, he should be praised. If Anthony, who fought him, not you, who was the target of all the insults hurled by Rudy, and who had every fucking reason to gloat and go ner-ner-ner-ner-neeer-ner like Eric Cartman, if he doesn't, I don't see why you could.

Well, technically, you can. You just think of it, type it and click on send. Still, that would be some sad, childish, feeling-good display of gloating juvenile faggotry.

Rudy gets his praise strictly for showing up, nothing more. If you think that somehow turns him into a good guy, or that somehow everyone who gives him his due for this fight wants to be buddies with him and forget everything else that lead to this years-long drama, you need to grow the **** up.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:04am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Anthony's win is a win for 'alive' training IMO. He said Rudy hits hard, yet he survived several shots and still got the takedown. That's a huge plus you get by training 'alive', you get used to being hit.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That reminds me, thanks to Justin and his crew at Action Fitness, they were really a class act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:19am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    It looks like a bad restart to me in both vids. Anthony falls face down, after the attempted double, Rudy is swinging at Anthony and people are rushing in to seperate. At the time they arrive Anthony is on one knee. Really i think it should have either been left for a bit, or to restart in the same position in the middle of the ring. I think Rudy was in a good position to finish the fight.

In any case i don't want to take anything away from either fighter, good job to both. Didn't look all that pretty but fights rarely do. And Congrats to Anthony for the win, you showed some good g'n'p.
    I can see what you're saying about a bad restart, sort of. However, if you watch it again you'll see that Anthony was 2 feet away on his knees with his hands up, and even before the restart Rudy was sitting back on his own knees not pushing. He would have had to tackle Anthony from that position, which wasn't going to happen. I don't see that as a chance for rudy to win at all.

And to anyone that says without the ropes Anthony would have gone down at other points in the fight, you can't say that for sure. In a "streetfight" there's all kinds of things to use to keep yourself up: walls, dumpsters (if you happen to be in an alley). Anyway, you get the point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:28am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job Ant, do me a favor though and start at a boxing gym, just to help your game progress a little more. All in all though, good job on kickin his ass.

Rudy surprised you showed, and surprised you allowed them to video it. You did pretty good with your punches, the technique was off but the accuracy and power were there. Also good sparwl for the most part, I would say work on your ground game, at least the escaping aspect, and work on your striking and deffinatly your kicking.

Great fight guys, enjoyed it.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:29am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope Rudy's camp post their video, the other camera man (across from me) had a much better view of the first half of the match. Man, we have to do this **** more often.

Anthony, are u ready for another South Florida Throwdown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:32am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In case anyone is curious. So far the other board has had only a few posts. Nothing really being said except Tom Fox saying no one really lost because it was a sparring match and each one had something they were better at.

edit: other than that it's just a general "good job to both men for showing up"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:34am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparring match? Looked more like a fight, I mean refs dont show up with gloves during sparring sessions do they? And in sparring we go 60-70% they were deffinatley going 100%