Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 6:13am

Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ.

I only really caught up on the whole Coda saga over the last couple of days. Takes some reading.

Adon: Someone had to do it. Ony for stepping up.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 7:50pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice letter Adon...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job Adon.

You mentioned that you met him once. You didn't include that you watched this flab bag in action (err, lack of).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:17pm

Style: American Karate,TSD,KFSS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio
    Would you mind copying the text of that letter into this thread so we can see what you linked them to? Linking them to the articles & investigations is quite a bit different from giving them a blanket www.bullshido.net link, I would think.

Checking out his new website (www.stillwatercombativescenter.com) doesn't yield much information yet, though it's a work in progress. It seems Coda has stepped back slightly and is turning over more credit to the other instructors in his group - whether this is a result of him trying to deflect attention or he actually is starting to develop a sense of his own illegitimacy as an instructor, it's a positive development.

The group's mission statement seems to have remained the same: "We'll take anyone, regardless of talent or ability to pay" (a philosophy I think BodyWorks may take issue with). They're still working the Christian angle, as well as the babysitting angle.

I have been following the site for a couple days now, since it looks like it just went up very recently (I was visitor #14 two nights ago, if that gives you a clue)... I should note that his Senior Tae Kwon Do instructor is also his fabled "Freestyle Grappling" instructor. I forget if it was on an earlier revision of the website, or on his FaceBook site, but they did go the extra mile to make sure that the freestyle grapling is (paraphrased) "not any particular style of grappling, just what we've gotten out of books and tried on the mat." The guy seems like a nice enough martial artist and an honest fighter, hopefully he'll wise up and go elsewhere - I know for a fact that he already trains with the local college MMA team.

Speaking of which, the FaceBook page for his "True Power Martial Arts Academy" is still alive and kicking, and filled with interesting information & photos. Coda still manages to make Engrish look like Hooked on Phonics.

"Diluted, but still deluded," would be how I sum up Coda's latest self-reinvention.
    I agree with you on Evan Black, he is a nice guy. I doubt he will leave untill Gilreath gets back from Iraq. He will most likely stick by Adam. I hope that if he is training in MMA at the college,then Doug can talk him into leaving.

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:41pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This idiot has more lives than a cat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:49pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ Olorin: Thanks! Although no one from the paper has responded to me. I don't really expect anyone to, though. But I feel good about doing what I've done. I figured that it was something that I should do.

@ HungryJoe: Actually, I sorta did. Under one of the links I included in my email I described it as an event that he put on, "that I PERSONALLY witnessed firsthand". I figure if the guy takes the time to read it, he will see my account firsthand (and I think I was pretty descriptive about what I saw LOL).

Well, let's hope others send emails too. As many people as we've got just following this thread alone, if they'll just send one email each... it'll be too many for the editor to ignore. And people will have no choice but to take a second look at what has been written.

Josh

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ok kid
    Master Coda is at it again here is the website to read the story: http://www.stillwater-newspress.com/

scroll down untill you get to "Finance" and you'll see the pic of coda and he's team of misfits, click on the pic and enjoy ( I puked in my mouth alittle after readding this)

I just don't understand why he's still around?:f-off: I have ( and I hope others join me on this) sent a email to the editer of the Finance page telling them about this page (Bullshido)....If a couple of you (or all of you) would sended an email hopefully the paper well re-write there article on himand his so called school...

sorry if I misspelled anything
    My start on the forum link posted by ok kid above:

Hello,

I have just joined this forum.

It should be noted that Coda Scott is a fraud and liar regarding his rank, knowledge and abilities. I am willing to state this on this forum in the knowledge that he must prove me wrong in any legal action.

Best Regards,

Joe

I hope my understanding of the libel laws are correct. If not, is the burden of proof on me?

Anyone else willing to step up and contribute?
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 10/05/2007 10:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 5:19pm

Style: Wu/Hao Taiji; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent the Newspress a couple of letters back in Feb. after that "certification exam." I never heard back from them.

I've heard that Adam got fed up with Coda a little while back and put him in his place in front of a class.

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 4:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is is just me or does the guy in the black look like martin Kove from Karate Kid...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 4:36pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by munkone
    Is is just me or does the guy in the black look like martin Kove from Karate Kid...

"Fat does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"YES, SENSEI!!!"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12