Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 11:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oklahoma: Coda Scott is at it again - A fluff article in the Stillwater NewsPress

Master Coda is at it again here is the website to read the story: http://www.stillwater-newspress.com/

scroll down untill you get to "Finance" and you'll see the pic of coda and he's team of misfits, click on the pic and enjoy ( I puked in my mouth alittle after readding this)

I just don't understand why he's still around?:f-off: I have ( and I hope others join me on this) sent a email to the editer of the Finance page telling them about this page (Bullshido)....If a couple of you (or all of you) would sended an email hopefully the paper well re-write there article on himand his so called school...

sorry if I misspelled anything
    Last edited by ok kid; 10/01/2007 4:16pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 12:10pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God damnit this man.

I guess being a manipulative ass does pay off :sigh:

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 12:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I wil investigate this AFTER the Rudy/Anthony fight. I am too preoccupied by that atm.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coda could help me break an adderall addiction and help me find Christ ...

I know I am sold , where do I sign up ? How do I sign up ? If I become an Instructor can I use that time as community service ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 3:42pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The adult program is designed to not necessarily turn someone into an amazing martial artist, but to help them reach a personal goal."

At least he is getting a little bit honest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 4:02pm

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For you guys in the area, and with more knowledge about Coda: You know you can DISCUSS the article in question at that website right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 6:20pm

Style: TKD & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ok kid
    I have ( and I hope others join me on this) sent a email to the editer of the Finance page telling them about this page (Bullshido)....If a couple of you (or all of you) would sended an email hopefully the paper well re-write there article on himand his so called school...
    Would you mind copying the text of that letter into this thread so we can see what you linked them to? Linking them to the articles & investigations is quite a bit different from giving them a blanket www.bullshido.net link, I would think.

Checking out his new website (www.stillwatercombativescenter.com) doesn't yield much information yet, though it's a work in progress. It seems Coda has stepped back slightly and is turning over more credit to the other instructors in his group - whether this is a result of him trying to deflect attention or he actually is starting to develop a sense of his own illegitimacy as an instructor, it's a positive development.

The group's mission statement seems to have remained the same: "We'll take anyone, regardless of talent or ability to pay" (a philosophy I think BodyWorks may take issue with). They're still working the Christian angle, as well as the babysitting angle.

I have been following the site for a couple days now, since it looks like it just went up very recently (I was visitor #14 two nights ago, if that gives you a clue)... I should note that his Senior Tae Kwon Do instructor is also his fabled "Freestyle Grappling" instructor. I forget if it was on an earlier revision of the website, or on his FaceBook site, but they did go the extra mile to make sure that the freestyle grapling is (paraphrased) "not any particular style of grappling, just what we've gotten out of books and tried on the mat." The guy seems like a nice enough martial artist and an honest fighter, hopefully he'll wise up and go elsewhere - I know for a fact that he already trains with the local college MMA team.

Speaking of which, the FaceBook page for his "True Power Martial Arts Academy" is still alive and kicking, and filled with interesting information & photos. Coda still manages to make Engrish look like Hooked on Phonics.

"Diluted, but still deluded," would be how I sum up Coda's latest self-reinvention.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 10:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can discuss the article on the newspaper' forum. It requires a non-mainstream/non-free email (they don't allow Hotmail etc else I'd be on there): http://community.cnhi.com/eve/ubb.x?...272214137.html

Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 10/01/2007 10:45pm at .
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 12:55am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner. I've been busy following the Antonillo -vs- Rudy thread LOL. But I've emailed the editor of that newspaper. Here's what I sent to him/her:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am typing this email NOT to get published in the paper under the “Letters to the Editor” section. But rather to alert you as the editor to your recent article regarding Coda Scott and the Stillwater Combatives Center - http://www.stillwater-newspress.com/finance/local_story_272214137.html?keyword=topstory. I am submitting this email to alert you that not all is as it seems with Coda Scott.

But first, a SMALL blurb about myself: I am a member of a well-known website dedicated to the exposure of frauds in the Martial Arts – http://www.bullshido.com, which also has a sister site, http://www.bullshido.net. This site is dedicated to the exposure of frauds in the Martial Arts. And we have a strong conviction towards that goal. Now mind you, we don’t just randomly go after martial artists that are poor, mediocre, or “less-than-perfect” in the eyes of the competing world. What we do go after are people that take money from those that have limited knowledge of the martial arts, and that trust them, and then TEACH substandard techniques. Making them believe that they are learning techniques that will enable them to successfully defend themselves. Only for those people to find out the hard way (and I do mean HARD) that they have been learning crap (excuse my bluntness). Especially if said students end up getting seriously hurt, or even killed.

The point I am coming to is this: Coda Scott has been the subject of our investigation several times. And has been confirmed as a fraud. We have TONS of evidence to support this. But don’t take my word for it. See for yourself:

http://www.bullshido.com/articles/coda-scott.html - the official article about the investigation of Coda Scott
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49858&highlight=Coda+Scott – an interview one of the judges on the panel investigating Coda Scott taped with a former student of his
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58775&page=7&highlight=Coda+Scott – another thread regarding one of Scott’s later attempts at recruiting new students
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54611&highlight=Coda+Scott – a more recent thread centering around a grand opening event he put on, that I PERSONALLY witnessed firsthand
    http://data.oklahomacity.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=90004603&language=1&bureau=& bbbid= - this is a report listing two complaints agains True Power Martial Arts Academy, Coda Scott’s old martial arts school

These are just a few places where there is evidence that Coda Scott is not all that he says he is, and that he misrepresents himself in order to make himself seem more credible, in order to get money from people. If you search either the Bullshido website or even a regular commercial search engine (i.e. Google), you will see even more. Now, know that I do not have a personal vendetta against him. I only met him once, and very briefly at that. I have NEVER been his student, not even briefly. I am sending you this because while he may seem like a nice, wholesome guy, that doesn’t change the fact that he is still a fraud. That he is misrepresenting himself in order to gain money from people under false pretenses. And that he is dangerous to those that trust him to teach them proper self-defense. He has no business teaching something he does not fully understand. He is not qualified to teach. That’s all there is to it.

Anyway, I am sending this to you in the hopes that you will print this side of the story. So that those that are less-informed about this matter will no longer be less-informed. So that they can make better-informed decisions, and think about who they choose to do business with. Not just re: the martial arts, but of any sort. I believe that that is the duty of any newspaper: to provide information to the public so that they can make informed decisions for all aspects of their life.

Thank you for your time in investigating this matter.

Sincerely,

*FULL NAME EDITED OUT*

P.S. My screen name on the bullshido.net forums that I posted the links to is Adon4Ever, in case you’re wondering.
    What do you guys think? Hope that was okay. Tactful, professional, correct, and all that stuff. Hope this helps you guys out.

Josh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 9:17am

Style: Unemployed Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, this guy just won't stop no matter how many times he gets exposed.
    He's like the cockroach you just can't kill no matter how many times you spray it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast