Thread: Noob intro

Style
    BJJ, SCA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Noob intro

Greeting everyone here, Before I continue I would like to say that I wish I found this website 3 years ago.

I live in South Africa and have dabbled in the martial arts since I was 8, note that I have no black belt to show for this since my parents moved around a lot. Ever since I was living on my own I have only spent about 5 years doing martial arts, 2 years of this chinese martial arts including a lot of full contact and chi na and then I discovered the wonderfully clandestine world of ..... wait for it .... KOGA RYU NINJITSU!!!:hello2: omg if I only knew what I let myself into. Now for 3 years I trained under a man that I have a lot of respect for. I have been fed all kinds of booklets and "histories" about the art. A year and a half ago the dojo I'm at broke away from the CNF and rejoined the "BDFS" under Stoffel van Vuuren. Still my questions about authenticity and origins of the martial art I'm doing was met with a lot of "Don't be suprised if you don't find information about a secret art" and such. I then met another koga ryu sensei under the SANF online who told me straight off the bat that I'm not doing a authentic martial art, and that all his students know that too. He also told me about the history of Ninjitsu in south africa (the real version) and the reason that some of the techniques are efficient is because of the south african special forces (Reccies) and Captain Ben Mangles (unverified).

I had a knee injury, in which I noticed that I was the only one with first aid experience in the whole dojo and had to tell everyone what to do to help me. While having a dislocated knee...:angry9: wasn't fun.

That is where my search for Koga Ryu Began... all I could find was a unverified claim by Fujita Seiko. Now I put more value in that claim than any one that I have heard and read so far from the current "SUPREME ULTIMATE WONDERFULL GRANDMASTER" :hitlerdan of the "International" BDFS (no disrespect inferred or implied, it's pretty obvious and sarcastic) not the actual bdfs of course. Oh yes, and don't forget Ashida Kim of course, I don't believe a explanation is needed here.

Now after I couldn't find any real source of info on Koga Ryu I turned to look up on the BDFS, Count Dante etc... and found a looooot of wrong in the world... Especially the cold and empty feeling of wasting the last 3 years, trust me, it's not a good one.

On a good note two weeks ago a real Gracie Ju-Jitsu Dojo opened close to where I stay... I'm SAVED!!! lol.

About the Dojo I trained at, I still have respect for the Sensei there, he doesn't run a mcdojo at all, in fact the other affiliated dojos charge up to 3 times more for classes, and nationally it is the cheapest (except for the bdfs anual fees and the damn expensive bdfs examination fees), He isn't very internet savvy so I suspect he has been swindled himself. I have passed all the information I have gathered today and I'm going to the class tonight to have a chat with him about it.

I also do SCA Heavy combat... and before anyone says "it's not a authentic martial art"... YOU'RE RIGHT, that's not the point, I love making armour and also the adrenaline rush of heavy combat. 3 of my fellow SCA participants and I do live steel work in our free time from training manuals like I.33, Codex Wallerstein and such.

So This is my greeting and where I am in my life of MA

Hope I didn't break any forum rules with my first post :-P

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, StormChild. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Style
    BJJ
    Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido!

On a good note two weeks ago a real Gracie Ju-Jitsu Dojo opened close to where I stay... I'm SAVED!!! lol.
    Presuming you are planning to start training there, as a fellow beginner, I'd recommend the following threads:

Training, Stagnation and Tapping
    Maximizing what you get out of rolling
    Protecting Yourself During Sparring
    Grappling Basic Principles
    First Day Lesson
    Fundamental 5

And the following articles:

Starting BJJ Classes
    Nuggets of Advice

Style
    BJJ, SCA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys, I already feel at home. I'm tired of BS MA.