Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 11:36pm

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Iowa: Des Moines Mixed Martial Arts Academy - Anthony Porcelli

I was just surfing threw the MMA Forum and surprisingly found out about DMMMA or Des Moines Mixed Martial Arts. I don't know much about the head guy's reputation, I've yet to visit the Gym. Something I might just do if I hear good things about him. So I'm wondering if anyone here has trained with him or could direct me to a website or forum that can tell me more about him. Some of you may not see the reason behind my inquiry but you should understand something. I'm more likely to be reading books on 15th century Italy then I am watching the T.U.F or UFC. Therefore my knowledge on who's who in MMA is limited to what bits I can gleam from this site. When and if I visit the guy's gym I promise I'll report back. But right now I'm trying to find out his reputation.

http://www.desmoinesmma.com/ heres the DMMMA website.

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 7:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The owner anthony is a good wrestler with some submission skills. The school has a few fighters that are pretty tough. There website is pretty accurate and there is no Bullshido. But if you're looking to train in Des Moines, the best place is the Jiu-Jitsu academy downtown. A lot of good grapplers, and the Muay Thai program is really good as well. There is a lot less ego there as opposed to the DMMMA school.

Posted On:
    5/29/2014 11:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

des moines mixed martial arts academy

its a solid place to get good solid fundamentals, on a general basis. owner is a long time greco roman wrestler, and when i trained there, he'd won back to back senior, nationalor world wrestling titles(cant remember exactly it been a minute). that was back in 06. that when josh neer and jeremy stephens were getting called up, by by ufc, cuz they was walkin thru everyone at the lower pro promotions. then i lost track/moved. big classes when i was there. didnt really didnt think sparring w neer and stephens was a good idea as part of class, as they out classed everyone by far, so it was a lil rough, at times, and stressful kinda, if u wasnt in perfect shape. but owner anthony porcelli is a great human being, and a caring person. very easy going dude. great to talk to, and he got a couple pro mma fights from a while back so, he was a pro fighter at one time as well. i love the guy, honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by ADJUSTER View Post
    The owner anthony is a good wrestler with some submission skills. The school has a few fighters that are pretty tough. There website is pretty accurate and there is no Bullshido. But if you're looking to train in Des Moines, the best place is the Jiu-Jitsu academy downtown. A lot of good grapplers, and the Muay Thai program is really good as well. There is a lot less ego there as opposed to the DMMMA school.