232702 Bullies, 3591 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 321 to 330 of 354
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233 343536 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kung-Fu Joe is offline
    Kung-Fu Joe's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    929

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 10:34am


     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    What do you base these assumptions on? Hooks, uppercuts, elbows, forearm cuts - just to name a few non-linear attacks used in wing chun.
    Honestly, my experience with Wing Chun is extremely limited. All I know of it is from summary reading and a number of videos online. If I'm mistaken about its technique, that's half the reason I frequent these forums in the first place: for correction on my misconceptions.

    If I misunderstand the technique or the idea of centerline theory, please correct me. It'll only help me, in the long run.

    Either way, by your logic, since boxing only uses a few punching techniques, it means a predictability in striking pattern that leads to easy evasion. So boxing matches would never show any hits, because everyone would easily evade the well known punchces...
    Experienced boxers do avoid the well-known punches. Generally, boxers don't necessarily expect their first attack to land. They throw the attack knowing their opponent will react to defend, and planning a follow-up based on that defense.

    Now, maybe the video I've seen of Wing Chun sparring is lacking, but most of the time it seems that WC practitioners rely on forward motion and flurrying attacks to try to overwhelm their opponents. I don't usually see much in terms of setup or varied offense for these chainpunches. But, again, if I'm wrong, please point me in the direction of better examples. I am here to learn.

    --Joe
  2. Kamon Guy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    390

    Posted On:
    11/15/2007 12:40pm


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Kamon guy...you're sounding like a knucklehead and a tool. I've been in hundreds of messed up, tense situations, with reallly crazy people, or drunks out of control, rude kids, idiot frats, predatory thugs etc etc.....and out of all of that....almost never had to lay a hand. Not because I can't, but Boston's small, and it comes around. Running around beating everyone up won't end well for anyone....
    Just because you live in a ***** ass town, doesn't mean that everywhere else is like that.
    I was in a restaurant with my folks and bro where 15 chavs were sitting getting drunk
    Their kid was running around knocking tables over and came under our table
    My dad politely asked the parents if they could keep their kid over by their table.
    Next thing 15 chavs are grabbing my bro and punching him
    But of course, that was our fault...

    And when people come up to me with a knife and ask for my wallet, that's my fault is it?
    Great, i will hopefully learn one day how to repel muggers with just my mind powers
    Idiot

    My town is small too, and of course there are repercussions after any fight
    However, one of my mates got started on by two geezers and 'talked his way out of it'
    Yet when he went outside the club he was promptly grabbed by the two twats and beaten within an inch of his life


    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Trouble, it seems, finds me...but I don't use it as an excuse to beat up some drunk people, fat haters or loudmouths who don't train. Most of the time, if it comes to blows..then you're doing something wrong too....just the reality, sorry it doesn't fit your MASSIVE ego....
    As I said, if someone attacks me, I'm not going to stand and get hit. Its either him or me, and I'm too pretty to get hurt (just trying to justify your massive ego comment)

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    If you are what you say you are, and are doing what you say you do, it's likely your size, not your skillz are the factor.
    ....
    Not at all, I train with guys bigger and heavier than me daily.
    Size and strength is always a factor in martial arts, but Kevin Chan can still kick the crap out of me whenever he wants
    However, I have never claimed to be a grandmaster and still have loads to learn

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    That just hurts...
    Why? Do you really care about people on Bullshido? That's just sad...
  3. Kung-Fu Joe is offline
    Kung-Fu Joe's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    929

    Posted On:
    11/15/2007 1:28pm


     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    Just because you live in a ***** ass town, doesn't mean that everywhere else is like that.
    I do believe that's the first time I've EVER heard Boston called a "***** ass town" outside of a Yankees/Sox debate.

    I was in a restaurant with my folks and bro where 15 chavs were sitting getting drunk
    Their kid was running around knocking tables over and came under our table
    My dad politely asked the parents if they could keep their kid over by their table.
    Next thing 15 chavs are grabbing my bro and punching him
    But of course, that was our fault...
    To borrow some parlance, that sounds like a load of bollocks. Whether true or not, its anecdotal extremity is ridiculous to the point of being incredulous.

    And when people come up to me with a knife and ask for my wallet, that's my fault is it?
    Is this an everyday occurrence for you? Honestly, if this happens often enough that you'd bring it up in this context, then yes. It is your fault for choosing to live and walk through a neighborhood that volatile.

    --Joe
  4. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    11/15/2007 2:41pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People that live in south fuckin africa don't getting mugged at knife point every freakin day. Where the hell are you living that getting gang beat and mugged at knife point is a common occurence that is repeated on a regular basis? Most people have the good sense to not live in places like that. It's not that hard to find a place that isn't war torn bosnia or whatever hellhole you live in.
  5. RunningDog is offline
    RunningDog's Avatar

    nail conditioning

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,301

    Posted On:
    11/15/2007 4:31pm


     Style: Rehab

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    Just because you live in a ***** ass town, doesn't mean that everywhere else is like that.
    I was in a restaurant with my folks and bro where 15 chavs were sitting getting drunk
    Their kid was running around knocking tables over and came under our table
    My dad politely asked the parents if they could keep their kid over by their table.
    Next thing 15 chavs are grabbing my bro and punching him
    But of course, that was our fault...

    And when people come up to me with a knife and ask for my wallet, that's my fault is it?
    Great, i will hopefully learn one day how to repel muggers with just my mind powers
    Idiot

    My town is small too, and of course there are repercussions after any fight
    However, one of my mates got started on by two geezers and 'talked his way out of it'
    Yet when he went outside the club he was promptly grabbed by the two twats and beaten within an inch of his life
    Where the **** do you live? What a shithole. Time to move to, well, pretty much anywhere else in the country.
  6. M1K3 is offline
    M1K3's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,367

    Posted On:
    11/15/2007 5:37pm


     Style: submission grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TamponGuy, you wouldn't be embellishing a bit would you? Kinda like that blue belt thing, neh?
  7. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    11/15/2007 6:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    Just because you live in a ***** ass town, doesn't mean that everywhere else is like that.
    Why? Do you really care about people on Bullshido? That's just sad...
    hahahaha and hahahaha :XXbirdman

    EDIT: by small I meant half a million people...not hicksville small. And WTF is a chav?
  8. RunningDog is offline
    RunningDog's Avatar

    nail conditioning

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,301

    Posted On:
    11/15/2007 6:32pm


     Style: Rehab

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    TamponGuy, you wouldn't be embellishing a bit would you? Kinda like that blue belt thing, neh?
    Wasn't that Bear1980? Or has Tampon been at it now too?
  9. Kamon Guy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    390

    Posted On:
    11/16/2007 8:50am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    Wasn't that Bear1980? Or has Tampon been at it now too?
    What blue belt thing?

    First off, I never said I was getting mugged everyday, but the places I visit in London to train etc are rough and do tend to have a lot of chavvy muggers
    I have been mugged (or approached to be mugged) about 25 times in the last 5 years. Its not that regular but it was just an example of how getting into a confrontation is not my fault (ie I didn't start the fights)
    Its easy to say don't go to those places, but there is no way round them

    And by the way, my mate who lives in S Africa has described the Taxi Wars where people are getting shot everyday, let alone held at knifepoint!!

    As for Kung Fu Joes comments on how he didn't believe my story at the restaurant, PM me and I will give you the name of the restaurant, time that it happened, and the police reference number


    As for TamponGuy - at least I get close to *****....
  10. selfcritical is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,428

    Posted On:
    11/16/2007 9:10am


     Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    People that live in south fuckin africa don't getting mugged at knife point every freakin day. Where the hell are you living that getting gang beat and mugged at knife point is a common occurence that is repeated on a regular basis? Most people have the good sense to not live in places like that. It's not that hard to find a place that isn't war torn bosnia or whatever hellhole you live in.
    The bad parts of south africa are as bad as the phillipines were at their most violent. It is not good times

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.