Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222829303132 33343536 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 7:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the general rule is that after twenty minutes, it's not a snappy comeback.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 8:12am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Especially not when it's actually 12 hours 20 minutes.

:)

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 8:52am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCollider
    There are little guys doing chun in backyards all over the world who will kick your bony girl thin armed asses just because they are aggressive and will come in with **** loads of straight punches.
    No there aren't, and no they won't. coming in with **** loads of straight punches is bollocks...otherwise all boxing/kickboxing/vale tudo/mma etc would be is straight punching.
    I only wish my sparring partners would do that for me....

Doing nothing but pumping the arms with the lats, on flat feet...is the fastest way to get tackled...there is no other more efficient way to expose the chin, and provide an array of options for an attacker.

And whoever said adherence to propper WC form renders sparring useless....should consider: free sparring is one step from fighting...if WC can't approach that, what the hell is it going to do in actual free fighting???? (the answer is get tackled)

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 8:53am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    i have no idea where you got this from. Fights can be very healthy for your martial arts experience, but I don't go looking for fights. If a person comes up to me in a club and starts trouble whether they are big or small.
    Where did I get it from? Read your own posts.

See here's the thing. Some people go out plenty, and manage to never get into any fights whatsoever. Other people get into lots of fights. Wierdly, the people who get into lots of fights all share the bizarre delusion that they never start trouble, and that trouble always comes looking for them.
    This is utter balls. If you get into lots of fights, it's your own fucking fault, end of story. And don't try to tell me people start it because you're 450lbs or whatever. Plenty of fatties manage to go out, have a few drinks and come home, all without punching one single person.
    I suggest you think long and hard about the way you use body language and eye contact when you're out and about, because one of these days you'll get yourself stabbed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 9:07am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    And whoever said adherence to propper WC form renders sparring useless....should consider: free sparring is one step from fighting...if WC can't approach that, what the hell is it going to do in actual free fighting???? (the answer is get tackled)
    ...even without bringing grappling into the equation, it doesn't require a genius to slip his opponent when every single punch follows the exact same line of attack. Slip, cross, hook. Three movements to do more damage than the ten chainpunches that the Chunner throws. Which of these truly displays a greater economy of motion?

--Joe

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 9:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kamon guy...you're sounding like a knucklehead and a tool. I've been in hundreds of messed up, tense situations, with reallly crazy people, or drunks out of control, rude kids, idiot frats, predatory thugs etc etc.....and out of all of that....almost never had to lay a hand. Not because I can't, but Boston's small, and it comes around. Running around beating everyone up won't end well for anyone.

Trouble, it seems, finds me...but I don't use it as an excuse to beat up some drunk people, fat haters or loudmouths who don't train. Most of the time, if it comes to blows..then you're doing something wrong too....just the reality, sorry it doesn't fit your MASSIVE ego.

If you are what you say you are, and are doing what you say you do, it's likely your size, not your skillz are the factor.

its not like any of you guys like each other anyway!!
    That just hurts...

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe
    ...even without bringing grappling into the equation, it doesn't require a genius to slip his opponent when every single punch follows the exact same line of attack. Slip, cross, hook. Three movements to do more damage than the ten chainpunches that the Chunner throws. Which of these truly displays a greater economy of motion?

--Joe
    well put Joe. I did stand up with a wc guy at the last Boston TD. He was a great guy...and I loved kicking his legs...neither of us could get any good punching off...his guard was too tight (centerline baby) and I wouldn't give him his range, or angles. So it was just low round, low round, low round.

we weren't even including takedowns/subs...just hands/feet. All that "dancing around" dude's making fun of...is ironicly the solution to a wc stance. He's describing his own foil...in satirical terms....a joke within a joke within a joke.:laughing8

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

--Joe
    I'm pretty sure there are more punches than just the chain punch in _ing __un.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 10:07am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowsLikeGlue
    I'm pretty sure there are more punches than just the chain punch in _ing __un.
    But no punches other than straight punches. And no targets outside the centerline. Which means all Wing Chun attacks fall directly in the same line of attack, adjusted for elevation. That, in turn, means a predictability in striking pattern, which leads to easy evasion.

--Joe

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But no punches other than straight punches. And no targets outside the centerline. Which means all Wing Chun attacks fall directly in the same line of attack, adjusted for elevation. That, in turn, means a predictability in striking pattern, which leads to easy evasion.

--Joe
    Bullshit, Joe.

What do you base these assumptions on?

Hooks, uppercuts, elbows, forearm cuts - just to name a few non-linear attacks used in wing chun.

Either way, by your logic, since boxing only uses a few punching techniques, it means a predictability in striking pattern that leads to easy evasion. So boxing matches would never show any hits, because everyone would easily evade the well known punchces...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal