Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:42am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Yeah I know it isn't you but, you posted these videos. So, until you do anything different you should shut the **** up.

From here:
    http://www.kamonwingchun.com/Video/F...echniquesB.avi
    ^^FEEDING TECHNIQUES

From here:
    http://www.kamonwingchun.com/video/K...James_demo.wmv

Yet, you have nerve enough to say this garbage.

Hello Mr. Pot.
    Yeah, reason I said this, was because that guy (can't remember his nickname) was claiming that he sparred using wing chun. This is nonsense. The footwork in wing chun makes sparring useless, and that guy proved it by posting his vid of him 'sparring' using wing chun - aka moving like a ponce and hoping he wouldn't get hit

The vids above are not sparring videos. They were drills (and I did state that quite clearly)
    The feeding techniques are basic feeding techniques performed for a demonstration
    As I said, they get more and more rough as time goes on. The hits from the attacker become more and more random and he doesn't stop with just one strike

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:52am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know regardless of people slagging off on the internet either way. There are little guys doing chun in backyards all over the world who will kick your bony girl thin armed asses just because they are aggressive and will come in with **** loads of straight punches. I'm just saying because I get pissed off with all the attempts at theoretical proof against some other theoretical proof. If Chun sucks so much then why is it then multiple straights and jabs ie. linear attacks and groin kicks are still advocated by such high profile guys as Benny the Jet and Bas Rutten. Now STFU and go train. Yeah Wing Chun sucks for the MC Dojos and cultism but every now and then you will find a CMA scrapper who will surprise you and its generally because he has come from a pretty different kind of world. One where the internet is something pretty different.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 7:33am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    Yeah, reason I said this, was because that guy (can't remember his nickname) was claiming that he sparred using wing chun. This is nonsense. The footwork in wing chun makes sparring useless, and that guy proved it by posting his vid of him 'sparring' using wing chun - aka moving like a ponce and hoping he wouldn't get hit...
    Listen, buttmunch - I'm getting pissed off, and not only because you can't remember my nickname.

You're hopeless. Your brain is apparently incapable of understanding words you read here on Bullshido.

You don't understand the meaning of the word "sparring" even after many of us tried to explain it to you.

I so hope we'll meet at some throwdown somewhere in Europe. You might beat me up, since you claim to weigh 160 kilos or something, but I will show you Wing Tsun used in sparring by letting the hands and feet do the talking (and not by biu jee-ing the keyboard, like you do now).

I've only trained in WingTsun (not counting goju-ryu and aikido when I was a kid), so that's what I'm using when sparring. I don't care what it looks like to you. I care for whether I get hit or not and whether I get to hit the other guy or not using what I've been taught/trained.
    Last edited by Tonuzaba; 11/03/2007 6:43am at .

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 8:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Tsjun/Eskrima/Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... The footwork in wing chun makes sparring useless ...
    If that where true, it would be the same for a real fighting situation.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 11:17am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCollider
    You know regardless of people slagging off on the internet either way. There are little guys doing chun in backyards all over the world who will kick your bony girl thin armed asses just because they are aggressive and will come in with **** loads of straight punches. I'm just saying because I get pissed off with all the attempts at theoretical proof against some other theoretical proof. If Chun sucks so much then why is it then multiple straights and jabs ie. linear attacks and groin kicks are still advocated by such high profile guys as Benny the Jet and Bas Rutten. Now STFU and go train. Yeah Wing Chun sucks for the MC Dojos and cultism but every now and then you will find a CMA scrapper who will surprise you and its generally because he has come from a pretty different kind of world. One where the internet is something pretty different.
    This is not "theoretical proof against some other theoretical proof". This is hard evidence against no evidence.

It's true that every now and then, you'll find a wing chunner who uses it well and is an instinctive scrapper. But we don't judge a martial art by a tiny minority of its practitioners, we judge it by how well MOST of them do, and this is the most important area of failure for _ing _un. Most _unners can't fight, but think they're deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by tonuzaba
    I've only trained in WingTsun (not counting shotokan and aikido when I was a kid), so that's what I'm using when sparring. I don't care what it looks like to you. I care for whether I get hit or not and whether I get to hit the other guy or not using what I've been taught/trained.
    You know what's funny? the only _ing _unner who posts a vid of himself doing some live sparring gets ribbed by other _unners who claim it's not the real _ing _un. Not lolz funny though. Kind of tragic funny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 1:08pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    80% of chun clubs don't spar, that is not a hard fact but seems to be the right figure going by other clubs websites and what people like Kamon Gay say on message boards.

My club does spar, but not very often, and no punches to the head but full contact to the body. Better than nothing, but still a bit **** really. last time we sparred in class was around 2 months ago.

I am not sure what the problem is with Wing Chun teachers and sparring, but it seems to affect a lot of them to a lesser or greater degree.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 1:33pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The vids above are not sparring videos. They were drills (and I did state that quite clearly)
    The feeding techniques are basic feeding techniques performed for a demonstration
    As I said, they get more and more rough as time goes on. The hits from the attacker become more and more random and he doesn't stop with just one strike
    ^^^ This isn't sparring either. So, while you are critiquing someone else for not sparring, the videos you have provided aren't sparring either.

That is my point. All chunners claim they can spar. Tonu put up sparring videos that don't meet YOUR standards. This is fine once, you provide video PROOF of your "real" sparring.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 2:39am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats sparring anyway?

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 2:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr T T is starting BJJ?

Posted On:
    10/23/2007 1:51pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Whats sparring anyway?
    DTT since your a BJJer now :-) I'll splain it to you, sparring is chun for rolling, k?
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast