Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    I don't recall saying anything sucked.
    That's a pretty short memory you have there. Posts #266 & #273, not to mention that you just said "I certainly don't think many traditional wing chun people are good fighters."

Maybe you are talking to yourself in a foreign language? Here, let me translate your words for you: "I DON'T SUCK, KAMON DOESN'T SUCK, BUT THOSE GUYS SUCK. TRUST ME, I KNOW."
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:46pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    You clearly have a different definition of Sparring than reasonable sane people do.

Now, what is the purpose of trying to use techniques you aren't trained in when working against someone who IS trained in those techniques? Wouldn't it make a LOT more sense to use the techniques you ARE trained in to see how they work against the training of other people?

And if you believe that sparring is not for pressure testing your technique then where/when DO you pressure test your technique?
    In feeding techniques, drills or bouts.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:51pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, the only experience I have with "Feeding techniques" is from Aikido, they consisted of the people in the class running towards the instructor with their hand raised. It was a blast. I got to fly through the air. It was not pressure testing. I ASSUME whatever you are doing is in no way related to this. Could you perhaps direct me to a video of someone really good, doing a really good example of Feeding Techniques?
    Drills are not pressure testing. Drills are for repetition to master the techniques movements. Yes there should be some resistance. But not FULL ON resistance while doing a single technique drill.
    A bout should NOT be the first place you ever pressure test your technique. That's a good way to get KTFOed when it matters.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In feeding techniques, drills or bouts.
    Define your meaning of each succinctly.

There is a disconnect. I'd say it could be me but, out of the people here, none of us agree with your definitions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Define your meaning of each succinctly.

There is a disconnect. I'd say it could be me but, out of the people here, none of us agree with your definitions.
    Feeding technique - a system by which an attacker throws any technique in randomly whilst you deal with it. Advanced stages include full resistance with whatever said opponent chooses

Drills - simulated techniques, designed to help improve positioning, stance, hand speed, footwork and power

Bouts - a contested format where two fighters will enter an agreed space and fight each other in a designated period of time

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 3:28pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feeding technique - a system by which an attacker throws any technique in randomly whilst you deal with it. Advanced stages include full resistance with whatever said opponent chooses
    So, the attacker throws a single attack, and then the defender defends? Or a set number of attacks in the advanced stages? Or is it unlimited? If unlimited, how is this not sparring?

Is it like Karate's ippon- and gohon-kumite?

Drills - simulated techniques, designed to help improve positioning, stance, hand speed, footwork and power
    Same definition, here. Working for perfect form on the technique.

Bouts - a contested format where two fighters will enter an agreed space and fight each other in a designated period of time
    This seems a lot like sparring, to me.

--Joe

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    10/13/2007 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feeding technique - ...

P.S.
    I am one of the "guys who claimed to spar but it looked like dancing". The other one was Psychomongoose.
    That "dance" we did incorporated getting hit in the mouth with the fists or feet of the other if not defending properly. It's called sparring.
    Something you should try one day too. :icon_thum
    Last edited by Tonuzaba; 10/13/2007 8:19am at .

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 5:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba

P.S.
    I am one of the "guys who claimed to spar but it looked like dancing". The other one was Psychomongoose.
    That "dance" we did incorporated getting hit in the mouth with the fists or feet of the other if not defending properly. It's called sparring.
    Something you should try one day too. :icon_thum
    If that is waht you call sparring then you need to get out more.
    It was a glorified dance and is exactly the kind of stupid nonsense that exists in martial arts. People insist they are fighters and that they spar and then they post videos of themselves dancing around.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 9:02am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I assume that you just charge directly forward towards your opponent, flailing wildly with no regard for your own safety then? Are you Don Frye?

Staying out of range of your opponent, choosing when to engage and when not to, NOT GETTING HIT, those are all very important elements of fighting. If you just wade in swinging then someone who knows WTF they are doing is going to KO you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 9:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that is waht you call sparring then you need to get out more.
    It was a glorified dance and is exactly the kind of stupid nonsense that exists in martial arts. People insist they are fighters and that they spar and then they post videos of themselves dancing around.
    Yeah I know it isn't you but, you posted these videos. So, until you do anything different you should shut the **** up.

From here:
    http://www.kamonwingchun.com/Video/F...echniquesB.avi
    ^^FEEDING TECHNIQUES

From here:
    http://www.kamonwingchun.com/video/K...James_demo.wmv

Yet, you have nerve enough to say this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy directed at Tonuzaba
    With regards to sparring - are you dumb? Please post a video of you usung wing chun to spar.
    Hello Mr. Pot.
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 30313233 ... LastLast