Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:25am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    So, you believe you can fight with someone without changing your foot position?

What if I step offline, and attack your flank?

Or, god forbid, sweep your leg/s?
    No what I meant was that in wing chun, your whole foot is planted on the floor and we tend to use a lot of weight on the back leg, so thats how we move around

In boxing, the footwork is lighter and more manouverable

What I was saying is that in that wing chun stance, you can't throw a boxers hook (well you could but your footwork would be left behind)

You would constantly be shifting your weight from heel to toe which is just too risky against a good fighter

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamon Guy
    No what I meant was that in wing chun, your whole foot is planted on the floor and we tend to use a lot of weight on the back leg, so thats how we move around

What I was saying is that in that wing chun stance, you can't throw a boxers hook (well you could but your footwork would be left behind)

You would constantly be shifting your weight from heel to toe which is just too risky against a good fighter
    How does explaining how you are flat footed, and your back leg is rooted answer my question?
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:28am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does it matter? I could have sworn you said you have real fights all the time and you mainly use rabbit punching and biting.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 11:37am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, you are right, I was getting confused with the Kevin Chan sucks thread

It was the commnet made by Running Dog about how he went to see a Kamon demo and it was the same old ****. Translated - Kevin Chan was rubbish
    To be honest, I don't really have any feelings on Bullshido. Everyone on here is presumed to be at least an okay martial artist, striving to be more
    You are reaching.

I saw Kevin it looks like the same chun rubbish is not in any way a comment on his character, fighting ability, or school quality.

It means in RD"S opinion it looked like the same "bollocks chun" he has experienced.

You do have feeling otherwise you wouldn't make these huge leaps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    Does it matter? I could have sworn you said you have real fights all the time and you mainly use rabbit punching and biting.
    Woah man, people will start to think I'm a brawler.

I don't have fights 'all the time'. I just tend to run into confrontations every couple of weeks
    If I go clubbing and someone starts on me, I will use everything at my disposal. this is mainly chun, but if an experienced/strong guy starts to grapple me I will bite etc

FickleFingerofFun - As for the flat footedness, I was talking about how chunners move. If I bounce around on my toes like a boxer I would be out of my comfort zone. Therefore, I use what has always worked for me - wing chun footwork
    The chun footwork is flat footed, which means that I do not want to start pivoting for a hook punch
    It would be like asking a pro boxer who is starting wing chun to fight using a wing chun punch. They wouldn't.

I never meant that the wing chun footwork is rooted, but to turn a flat footed stance into a boxers stance whilst in a fight is just risky

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woah man, people will start to think I'm a brawler.

I don't have fights 'all the time'. I just tend to run into confrontations every couple of weeks
    If I go clubbing and someone starts on me, I will use everything at my disposal. this is mainly chun, but if an experienced/strong guy starts to grapple me I will bite etc

FickleFingerofFun - As for the flat footedness, I was talking about how chunners move. If I bounce around on my toes like a boxer I would be out of my comfort zone. Therefore, I use what has always worked for me - wing chun footwork
    The chun footwork is flat footed, which means that I do not want to start pivoting for a hook punch
    It would be like asking a pro boxer who is starting wing chun to fight using a wing chun punch. They wouldn't.

I never meant that the wing chun footwork is rooted, but to turn a flat footed stance into a boxers stance whilst in a fight is just risky
    Every couple of weeks, is a lot!

You still haven't told me how you would defend against the scenarios I provided.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You are reaching.

I saw Kevin it looks like the same chun rubbish is not in any way a comment on his character, fighting ability, or school quality.

It means in RD"S opinion it looked like the same "bollocks chun" he has experienced.

You do have feeling otherwise you wouldn't make these huge leaps.
    So you don't think 'bollocks chun' is a comment on fighting ability or school quality?

So if someone said to you I saw you fighting and it just looks like the same old Xingyi crap, you wouldn't take that as an insult?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's probably a good thing no one told the boxers that because they might have gotten hurt if they knew their stance was too risky.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 12:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    It's probably a good thing no one told the boxers that because they might have gotten hurt.

Shhhh, you'll confuse him,

I'm still waiting for him to address the questions I asked

and you're distracting him with reality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2007 1:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    So, you believe you can fight with someone without changing your foot position?

What if I step offline, and attack your flank?

Or, god forbid, sweep your leg/s?
    Sorry I missed your last two comments!

The footwork still moves, but is just more planted. This is why wing chun is no good at sparring - a boxers footwork is quicker but there is less substance behind it (ie if a grappler goes for a shoot the boxer will have to sprawll immediately). Traditional styles of wing chun/karate are too planted so its like a tree that cannot move. I did mention earlier in another post that Kevin Chan demonstrated how strong a stance can be. But in kamon we tend to come away from both and keep the footwork light, but planted

I'm sure other arts/fighters do this. But its rare to see it in wing chun (I have arguments daily with wing chunners who insist that they cannot be taken to the floor)

So if you step off line, we will turn with you (ie the backfoot is still planted but the front foot can adjust as you turn

As for sweeping, I will often drag people down with me, but I have only ever fought two people who tried to sweep me
    The front leg is loose and the backleg is hard to reach.