Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 6:54am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can October be Wing Tsjun or Wing Tsun Sucks Month?

Gotta love those secret techniques. Seriously what's the deal with them? I can understand how a lesser seen and known technique might help you against someone else who knows your style but how is a "secret" technique gonna help agianst someone who doesn't your system so it's all new to him?

What is October going to be anyway?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 3:11am

Style: Judo + sports ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teh deadly wing fun

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 3:53am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got the _ing __un thing.

Sorry

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 2:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Tsjun/Eskrima/Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You all take yourself way to serious and seem to have overall high testosteron levels. I stumbled upon the thread and replied as objective and neutral as possible, and indeed gorgot to check the date. I didn't even mentioned the anti-grapple and the deadly finger pokes, throat strikes and low kicks.
    With refinements of the technics, I meant that in the wing tsun of Keith Kernspecht some movements are simplified thus becoming less effective.
    As for who I am: I am 24, live in belgium, Ghent and I train Wing Tsjun, Eskrima and Aikido. I am a sculptor for a living. I take private lessons Wing Tsjun from Paul Vandevelde, under Thommy Boehlig. Some fragments of the wing tsjun demo can be found on youtube (chi sao).

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 2:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipside
    You all take yourself way to serious and seem to have overall high testosteron levels. I stumbled upon the thread and replied as objective and neutral as possible, and indeed gorgot to check the date. I didn't even mentioned the anti-grapple and the deadly finger pokes, throat strikes and low kicks.
    With refinements of the technics, I meant that in the wing tsun of Keith Kernspecht some movements are simplified thus becoming less effective.
    As for who I am: I am 24, live in belgium, Ghent and I train Wing Tsjun, Eskrima and Aikido. I am a sculptor for a living. I take private lessons Wing Tsjun from Paul Vandevelde, under Thommy Boehlig. Some fragments of the wing tsjun demo can be found on youtube (chi sao).
    Oh so you were trying to say you have the real Bing Dun.

I don't know what a testosteron is but, if it makes you want to chun, I don't want any of it.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... some movements are simplified thus becoming less effective.
    So, by inference from the above statement, more complicated movements means more effective.

Gotcha.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 3:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    So, by inference from the above statement, more complicated movements means more effective.

Gotcha.
    No, just different ways depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Oh so you were trying to say you have the real Bing Dun.
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    I don't know what a testosteron is but, if it makes you want to chun, I don't want any of it.
    That's the most stupid reply I have ever heard.
    Last edited by Flipside; 10/02/2007 4:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 3:18pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, just different ways depending on the situation.
    But that's not what you said. What you said was, "I meant that in the wing tsun of Keith Kernspecht some movements are simplified thus becoming less effective." Which asserts that the more complex movements are thereby more effective. This very well may be the case. Lord knows, if someone simplified a standard punch to the point where nothing but the elbow was providing the mechanism of the attack, it wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as a strike with good hip rotation and proper form.

However, overly complex maneuvers tend to be terribly ineffective. If your typical shoulder-lock requires eight steps when a similar or equivalent technique in another style requires only three, yours will obviously be the inferior in practical application. There's simply much more that can go wrong in those extra steps, given the unpredictability of a resisting fighter.

So, are you saying that Keith Kernspecht watered-down techniques which were already efficient, or are you saying that he culled some of the more grandiose maneuvers from his teaching?

--Joe

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 3:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the most stupid replie I have ever heard.[/quote]

Just wait, we're just getting started!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 3:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe
    But that's not what you said. What you said was, "I meant that in the wing tsun of Keith Kernspecht some movements are simplified thus becoming less effective." Which asserts that the more complex movements are thereby more effective. This very well may be the case. Lord knows, if someone simplified a standard punch to the point where nothing but the elbow was providing the mechanism of the attack, it wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as a strike with good hip rotation and proper form.

However, overly complex maneuvers tend to be terribly ineffective. If your typical shoulder-lock requires eight steps when a similar or equivalent technique in another style requires only three, yours will obviously be the inferior in practical application. There's simply much more that can go wrong in those extra steps, given the unpredictability of a resisting fighter.

So, are you saying that Keith Kernspecht watered-down techniques which were already efficient, or are you saying that he culled some of the more grandiose maneuvers from his teaching?

--Joe
    An example: in the second form, Kernspecht teaches a three times the same bong, while in that of Allan Fong (also a student of leung ting) we have a bong, a striking bong and a bong coming from below. Depending on the situation you can use the one that fits the most.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast