Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 5:26pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy82 View Post
    yes it was "light (very light) contact" as i think i mentioned stopping before any strikes make contact.

as far as more elaboration asking said student if he enjoyed his free lesson, unprofessional in my opinion. bigging up mr delane with all these titles hes got and all the people hes trained with,yup great but they mean bugger all to me

i asked if they mind if i train with a friend of mine in a one of the two army gyms i have access to they said yes that would fine, as the progression will get you graded and instructing quicker, however your not allowed to film it and we frown upon and pretty much forbid you training in other dojos or enter competitions outside of the bushido academy! (not that they run competitions)

And one of my big bug bears and not sure if i mentioned it before but in army "battle PT" we are taught to strike nerves and cause as much damage with little effort or minimum amount of hits, in the military world this is fully understandable, however i don't agree with striking what i would refer to as red zones ie; nerves in the neck and over the rest of the body and/or main arteries! which im not sure so feel free to tell me im wrong, but teaching these techniques in the UK is illegal. as if in a situation that you cant talk yourself out of you could cause some serious damage or death!
    You should be annoyed about all the things you mentioned but...

Hey I don't know about nerves and pressure points man, and that's to say it nicely.

I don't know if you should believe this whole pressure vital point nerve striking five palm heart strike stuff, I don't know if it really works and I don't know if you can pull it off in a fight.

To say it not nicely I think it's a load of ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 5:28pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Pedant. There is nothing traditional about light contact sparring, that is a relatively new invention.
    You know, I was trying to come up with a better word than traditional. The word that wouldn't come to mind but has now is 'conventional'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pressure point stuff - I agree. Bollocks.

As for Delane's titles and all the people he's trained with - also bollocks as far as I know. The only person he's on record as training with is Jon Alexander of Zen Shin Ryu. His titles are self appointed. There are several witnesses to the fact that gave himself a fourth dan in a pub when he formed Bushido.

Which dojo did you go to? And which instructor? If you don't mind me asking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2012 4:27pm

Style: Enshin karate and Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it was the nottingam eastwood dojo and the instructors name ive forgotton ill post it when im back at work on wednesday

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2012 2:53pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy82 View Post
    And one of my big bug bears and not sure if i mentioned it before but in army "battle PT" we are taught to strike nerves and cause as much damage with little effort or minimum amount of hits, in the military world this is fully understandable, however i don't agree with striking what i would refer to as red zones ie; nerves in the neck and over the rest of the body and/or main arteries! which im not sure so feel free to tell me im wrong, but teaching these techniques in the UK is illegal. as if in a situation that you cant talk yourself out of you could cause some serious damage or death!
    It's not illegal mate. Several techniques in several arts target nerves/arteries (eg. inside leg kicks target the femoral nerve/artery) and any decent martial art will teach you something that could cause "serious damage or death".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 4:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i realized that after i wrote it lol, just don't remember these techniques being karate maybe jujitsu or some other martial art but defo not karate but then i only got 2 grades last time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 5:47am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe it depends on the style of karate - Okinawan styles definitely teach strikes to the neck and the arteries/nerves therein.

As an aside, are you studying Enshin in Notts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes mate a friend of mine knew i was after starting karate again after 14 years off lol, so he invited me to start training with him the sensei works with said friend and is after starting and enshin school in notts,

so we have found a place to train and are looking at getting more members!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So someone's posted some videos up of this guy banging on about being a samurai. Discuss...

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 3:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stupid ****.

If he took drugs he'd make more fucking sense.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast