Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 2:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy82 View Post
    ive visited this "academy" recently and im WILL NOT be attending again, theyve dropped the prices but kept all the bu!"$it as demonstrated above.

if you want to know more plse PM me and ill happily reply but theres way too much to type here even from a 1 hour visit.
    PM? No, you've insufficient posts to merit that facility.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 2:44pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you want to know more plse PM me and ill happily reply but theres way too much to type here even from a 1 hour visit.
    Or how about you just post it here?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 2:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "But theres way too much to type here," but you will send it in a pm.......that involves.........

typing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 2:49pm

Style: Enshin karate and Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eddie my apologies i hadn't realised that and as for the bad news alarms mixing karate blocks and aikido blocks in one lesson almost at the same time using phrases like "fist of the tiger" or something along those lines and not explaining what this is or what it means, asking another student (not one due to train until later in the evening) to be his guinea pig and my sparring partner, no form of lesson plan or structure to the lesson, guys the list can go on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ps. sorry for not paragraphing was ranting :-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:55am

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eddie my apologies i hadn't realised that and as for the bad news alarms mixing karate blocks and aikido blocks in one lesson almost at the same time using phrases like "fist of the tiger" or something along those lines and not explaining what this is or what it means, asking another student (not one due to train until later in the evening) to be his guinea pig and my sparring partner, no form of lesson plan or structure to the lesson, guys the list can go on.
    I need to ask this: How do they spar in "Aikido-te"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:09pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    I need to ask this: How do they spar in "Aikido-te"?
    They don't. Or at least they didn't. The sparring was traditional light contact karate sparring.

Paddy. When you've got time, care to elaborate on your experience? It would be useful to this thread I think and for reference in case anyone might be thinking of joining them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 3:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightUpMA View Post
    They don't. Or at least they didn't. The sparring was traditional light contact karate sparring.
    Pedant. There is nothing traditional about light contact sparring, that is a relatively new invention.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes it was "light (very light) contact" as i think i mentioned stopping before any strikes make contact.

as far as more elaboration asking said student if he enjoyed his free lesson, unprofessional in my opinion. bigging up mr delane with all these titles hes got and all the people hes trained with,yup great but they mean bugger all to me

i asked if they mind if i train with a friend of mine in a one of the two army gyms i have access to they said yes that would fine, as the progression will get you graded and instructing quicker, however your not allowed to film it and we frown upon and pretty much forbid you training in other dojos or enter competitions outside of the bushido academy! (not that they run competitions)

And one of my big bug bears and not sure if i mentioned it before but in army "battle PT" we are taught to strike nerves and cause as much damage with little effort or minimum amount of hits, in the military world this is fully understandable, however i don't agree with striking what i would refer to as red zones ie; nerves in the neck and over the rest of the body and/or main arteries! which im not sure so feel free to tell me im wrong, but teaching these techniques in the UK is illegal. as if in a situation that you cant talk yourself out of you could cause some serious damage or death!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh another amusing one the sensei said he had spent some years doing judo but didnt know what ippon Seoi-nage is! (forgive spelling)
    ok ive been out of the system for a while but can still remember the match winning throw!!!!!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast