Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    7/24/2009 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that's a nice way to make new posters feel welcome, Simio.
    You clearly dont know him very well. But, this is not newbie town, this is a fairly in depth forum and posting in the manner Rob just did is not really put up with, and will be called on.

HOW PRAY TELL DOES ONE BECOME A HANSHI IN HIS OWN ORGANISATION ALL BY HIMSELF,WITH NO OUTSIDE GOVERNANCE AND NO OUTSIDE AFFILIATION, NO ADJUDICATING BODY OTHER THAN THAT OF HIS OWN STUDENTS? WHO BESTOWED THE HONOR OF THE TITLE OF GRANDMASTER? WHY OH WHY DID HE NEED TO GIVE HIMSELF A 'JAPANESE' NAME?
    They 'self grade'. Which pretty much consists of giving themselves belts, as far as I'm aware.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    7/24/2009 4:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgold View Post
    Well that's a nice way to make new posters feel welcome, Simio.

Moving on - bigg_robb: I went to the Nottingham school for a while (at least the only one there that I know of, there might be others that in the area I don't know of). There were some reasonable martial artists at that place, so I thought. At least in their area. I was actually told to leave because I refused to stop studying other martial arts as well. Their loss more than mine. I wnt to one big grading thing and I could see some of the instructors themselves looking uncomfortable with the stuff Pete Delane was saying. I imagine that those ones have since left. Hopefully your own mates will bite the bullet and start training somewhere else and unlearn some of the damage that has been done, even if they find it a bit humbling to go from instructor to student again. We're all students, all the time, and I think the BAMA (as they called themselves!) lost sight of that a long time ago.
    Ahh I see, they said the same thing to me about not doing other martial arts as well. Kind of shows how they only want people to learn theirs and no other styles. I just went for a meal with my sister and her boyfriend, because its his friend who is the one who teaches, turns out hes only a freelance instructor and just works for them, though obviously he must have been taught by the club in order to be an instructor, but he owns his own club where he teaches his own stuff, and isnt part of the bushido academys but he does teach their students if u get what i mean.

Sometimes I think there should be like a sort of inspection of martial arts clubs to give them a certificate and say this is genuine martial arts. Something like where all the proper organisations join up, like WTF taekwondo, IKO kyokushin, IKA karate, AIBA amateur boxing etc team up under the olympic commities and sort out the real martial art schools and clubs from the fake. Anyone can say "oh i got this certificate from so and so, a international organisation i made up using photoshop and a crayon" but you need something from a trust worthy and true organisation in the world, like the international olympic commitee, to prove this. Also people should be aloud to report this to them, and the clubs should be fined or something.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 6:52am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There you go that wasn't too hard for you, was it.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 2:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry to re-open an old subject after so many others but i joined the b.a.m.a lot a few weeks ago and have had about 5 lessons at 20 an hour for 1 on 1 or 2 hours with a group and have just been to one seminar. i have very little previous martial arts experience, and i was ironically led to this discussion by my instructor suggesting i research bushido online.
    the training itself has been fun and as far as my un-informed self can tell seems a sound form of skilled fighting, ive been able to spar, my instructors very friendly and so are all the people ive met and noones tried to sell me a weekend black belt or anything.
    ive heard alot about this pete delane / master chusan guy but he apparently retired from teaching etc... at this seminar, the groups attitude towards him did border on the cultish but nothing i saw was exceptionally weird or questionable.
    so im wondering, i want to stay fit and learn to fight skillfully using a martial art, in terms of philosphy im fine with my world view, so if this group is a cult/ con / waste of time and money, whats better? (and cheaper) what are the practical flaws in what im learning now?

this is my first post and im not exactly a regular internet forum user so i apologise for waffling/ being ignorant / arrogant / plain stupid

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 2:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you spar?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2010 8:10am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might clear a few things up:

http://www.bushido.me.uk/

(It's not by me, it's by the ex number two.)

Posted On:
    2/25/2010 10:57am

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy Crap.............

This seriously needs investigating!

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/25/2010 11:43am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See the MABS thread on the same subject
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 11:16am

Style: Enshin karate and Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive visited this "academy" recently and im WILL NOT be attending again, theyve dropped the prices but kept all the bu!"$it as demonstrated above.

if you want to know more plse PM me and ill happily reply but theres way too much to type here even from a 1 hour visit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:37am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy82 View Post
    ive visited this "academy" recently and im WILL NOT be attending again, theyve dropped the prices but kept all the bu!"$it as demonstrated above.

if you want to know more plse PM me and ill happily reply but theres way too much to type here even from a 1 hour visit.
    Oh go on, give us something...
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast