Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 12:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bushido Acadamy - Pete Delane

Hi, has anyone trained in this acadamy where 1:1 lessons are catered for, they charge 15 - 25 per hour depending on which part of the country you train in, they do not spar or compete in tournaments ......... they have various styles - British Bushido Karate, Aikdo-te and weapons

anyone now of these ppl:new_snipe

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 2:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Link please

Cancel my last...

http://www.bushidoacademy.org.uk/

In one word.... Shite !

In two more words ... Stay away !

I've studied : Aikido (iwama) and Iaido (muso shinden ryu) for nearly 20 years and although this guy openly admits the stuff he's teaching is what he's "developed" He isn't particularly forthcoming in providing what legitimacy he has to have taken established Japanese budo and created something else and then claimed teh d33dly..

Reeks of bullshit, seek legitimate schools of aikido or japanese sword arts if that what floats your boat but... leave this sort of crap alone.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 9/29/2007 2:57pm at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 3:24pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    90% of the time Karate + "Japanese sword" = idiot dancing with sharp metal.

What ryu-ha did he learn sword from?

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had an induction and they are the instructor did not mention there masters history but he mentioned that Pete had 42 + tiles and he broke only the tile specified by one of his students, it is quite expensive to train - i asked abt the aikdo te - not sure what is taught there

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is Aikido-te??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 6:19pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Broke the 1 tile specified by a student? Holy christ you sure Frank Dux isn't on vacation and teaching in England??

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 4:54am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuti
    I had an induction and they are the instructor did not mention there masters history but he mentioned that Pete had 42 + tiles and he broke only the tile specified by one of his students, it is quite expensive to train - i asked abt the aikdo te - not sure what is taught there
    The second time in a couple of days I've had to do this so pay attention..

WALK THE **** AWAY

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 6:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea what aikdo-te is best ppl to know ones that have trained in it, but i have studied aikdo (IWAMA) and if the "te" part is karate strikes even i can make those up

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 7:29am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuti
    I have no idea what aikdo-te is best ppl to know ones that have trained in it, but i have studied aikdo (IWAMA) and if the "te" part is karate strikes even i can make those up
    "te" means hand in Nihongo when used in Kara'te'

Aikido-te makes absolutely no sense what’s so ever, it's not a Japanese word or a phrase that a Japanese person would use - its another fucking example of people - westerners - making **** up when they don't know what they're talking about in the first place.

I'll wager a bet that if really pushed on the issue the instructors at that school are primarily Karate based, and have very little if any real experience in a credible line of either aikido or iaido, indeed I'd seriously doubt if they had middle or senior yudansha in either art.

Those people who wish to reinvent the wheel generally do so because they don't hack it in the mainstream. Personally I see it as pure arrogance - are these people claiming they know MORE than the originators of the systems they've bastardised ? I doubt it.

Lets look at the supposed iaido taught... Why create something entirely new when Seite gata is still being developed and only yet consists of just 12 solo kata ?

If Delane's new form of iaido is a mixture of other systems (which is suggested on their website) I would have to ask why ? isn't one mainline form of iai enough for anyone to study ? It takes a person of average skill training a 2/3 times a week, at least 10 years of devoted study in koryu iai to get to grips with their art so0 how many forms of iai has Delane mastered to then go on to form his own ?

Again I ask why ? Because if iaido is studied at this school for the reasons given on their website, the creation of a new form of iai is entirely pointless unless of course the teachers aren’t qualified to teach a mainline iai ryu-ha so they go off and do their own thing, and that, I suspect is the crux of this.

The problem with studying something like the Japanese sword is that the techniques are based upon need, a set of circumstances based upon situation based upon what were real combative scenario however, these scenario aren’t always apparent in the movements thus, I could teach you a series of movements which appear to have context and meaning when in fact quite the opposite is true, this is very evident in many koryu where techniques are metaphorically named, sometimes the waza taught is presented slightly differently with the INTENTION of not teaching the true application until the student is deemed trustworthy.

My point being is this, if you’re going to study the Japanese sword you need to make sure the person teaching it knows more than the rudimentary, I could teach a retard how to perform shibori, tenouchi, koiguchi-kiri, sayabiki, nukitsuke, chiburi, chinagui and noto but they’d never know really why… See my point ?

~Ella Wheeler

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 9:58am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Humm wins the thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast