Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 3:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samuraixbit
    My reason for this was not out of person reason like I stated in the beginning of my thread I have no personal grudge against the guy. He insulted many of the Respected Teachers Grand Masters I had studied under which I will not list. No I was never a student of his and I had observed a few of his classes which were poorly taught.
    what were the nature of those insults? was it the rank inflation per se or another issue?

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 3:38pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    what were the nature of those insults? was it the rank inflation per se or another issue?
    The nature of the insults I cannot post because it would identify those that were insulted by this Gentleman's Actions weather it be verbal or physical.

Yes the rank inflation had a part in all of this along with certain issues that I cannot post because it would identify those Grand Masters and Teachers I wish not to Identify.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 3:40pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems pretty clear to me what the guy is trying to say. If I remember correctly you got called on a thread where you posted no proof about claims made, meanwhile this guy has presented some proof of his claim. Furthermore the guy has diplomatically not pulled in people he thinks are not responsible and made a statement that can easily be subsantiated regarding this guys membership and expulsion from a group based on rank inflation.

I don't know anything about this guy but from what the creator of this thread has presented I now know the following:

1) The guy looks slick in a suit

2) He seems to like to mug for the camera... yet there is precious little footage of him doing anything related to the martial arts technique wise.... that always makes me a bit suspicious.... I mean if you have pictures of you with every grandmaster from here to timbuktu and no videos of technique?

I think more proof of the circumstances regarding expolsion should be made clear as a next step but IMO this thread has merit.
    You hit it right on the button. Thanks for the merit compliment

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 6:58pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one question, does expulsion from an organization legally mean that he can't list a belt that he originally earned?(seriously, i don't know)

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 8:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by romeyroam
    one question, does expulsion from an organization legally mean that he can't list a belt that he originally earned?(seriously, i don't know)
    Legally? Think really hard about that statement. I can give you a Black Belt right now. There are no legal ramifications involved in anyway. Until, you start defrauding people. Even then, there is no legal board that regulates ranks in America. So, really legality doesn't matter. It is more about honesty. If a person lies about their ranks and history what else have they lied about.

IMO no. You shouldn't say you are part of the organization but, you can say I earned my BB in blah blah blah style.

Again this is my opinion. I paid for my Rank I'll claim it as I please.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Legally? Think really hard about that statement. I can give you a Black Belt right now. There are no legal ramifications involved in anyway. Until, you start defrauding people. Even then, there is no legal board that regulates ranks in America. So, really legality doesn't matter. It is more about honesty. If a person lies about their ranks and history what else have they lied about.

IMO no. You shouldn't say you are part of the organization but, you can say I earned my BB in blah blah blah style.

Again this is my opinion. I paid for my Rank I'll claim it as I please.
    That is always the issue it comes back too. Unfortunately that is one reason the system is easy to abuse. By and large the system works pretty well. I mean when you think about how many people do not abuse the rank system it could almost be a testiment to the better aspects of human nature. We tend to hear od the people that so abuse it though. I am a believer that self regulation is still a better way than the government.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You hit it right on the button. Thanks for the merit compliment
    I understand your feelings. The best thing one can do is to make the person being ridiculous feel shame. Some people are still decent enough to be ashamed at themselves and some are not.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 10:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is always the issue it comes back too. Unfortunately that is one reason the system is easy to abuse. By and large the system works pretty well. I mean when you think about how many people do not abuse the rank system it could almost be a testiment to the better aspects of human nature. We tend to hear od the people that so abuse it though. I am a believer that self regulation is still a better way than the government.
    This is a debate for another thread. All I'll say is it depends on the style. Circle jerk organizations wouldn't exist if there wasn't abuse of ranks going on.

I'll point to what happen recently in the Christopher Geary thread. The handing out of ranks by video tape.

I could go on for days. I agree keep the government out but, rank abuse is more a testament to human nature and greed.

Start another thread in YMAS and we can discuss it further.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 1:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why can't the names of the Masters he has insulted be told? You are saying he did this but won't write about who it was?

How did you come across this guy? Also, what specifically is he doing to defraud anyone?

I will admit I hate the damn pants and skirts I see them wearing in some of the pictures but you need to give us some substance for us to care about. Insulting someone does not make his martial art suck or make him a fraud. For all we know he could be saying these other masters suck balls, and they might! Who knows unless you give us some substance instead of "OMG he sucks and is mean to others".

Also, if someone stripped me of rank/kicked me out of the org, and they said I could no longer say I studied under them, I would tell them to **** off. Kicking someone out of an org does not invalidate rank, it dosen't erase history.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 2:02am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have nothing against the person i'm about to inform everyone about but I just hate that people are disloyal to the arts and this person is a perfect example of being just that. The reason I started this thread is to warn you all of a person that is making many false claims on his there website. This persons name is a Mr. Jose Maldonado. In his website he is claiming to be an 8th Degree Black Belt in Shin Te Ryu which he claims he founded which is not even a leginamate style ask yourself this my fellow martial artists how can someone go up 2 to 3 levels in ranks within one year reason I say this is because last year on his website his highest rank was a 4th then it was changed to 5th and a year later its an 8th.
    Do you have his original web address?

From the information gathered by many of my sources he apparently bought his rank from a well known Grand Master which will remain nameless out of respect for this person but if you really had honor and respect for the art your represent you would not have given a rank out to someone who didn't put in the time for it. He is also to claiming that he is a 7th Degree Black under San Yami Bushi Jujitsu which is also a false claim which I did confirm with that organinzation that he holds no rank what so ever under that system.
    Would you please give us an email to prove this fact?

I was also able to confirm with some of Vee Jitsu highest Ranking Students that he holds no ranking under Vee Jitsu Ju Jitsu and that he was kicked out of that organization for being disloyal to many teachers of that organization so his ranks were null and void under Vee Jitsu because of all the false claims he was making in his website.
    All this proves is he was ranked under Vee Jitsu. Now if he said they endorsed him then it owuld be a lie or bullshido.

Mr. Maldonado also claims on his site that he has recieved various awards from organizations which he list on his site. I did research on the organizations he listed and only found about 4 that actually come up on the world wide web and this organzations do not even do background checks before they give out and award so basically what I'm saying is that anyone that joins this organizations can get an award just by signing up and not really doing anything in the World of Martial Arts. So far this is most of the information I have gathered up on this person.
    Yes, circle jek orginizations suck. They are many and widespread.

I advise anyone that comes in contact with Mr. Maldonado or his affliates to stay clear of this BS artist because all he wants is to use your Organization and Name for his own gain.

These are the key points of this thread: Jumping 2 to 3 lvls in rank within a year, Making False claims, Buying Ranks without actually earning them and putting in the time and hard work, and Disloyality.

If anyone would like to see his site for yourself here is the link http://americasfinestselfdefenseacad...m/default.aspx
    Okay do you have proof he jumped 2-3 levels in a year?
    If Bullshido gave out awards for best BS Artists of the Year Award I pretty sure Mr. Maldonado would take it. The way I see it people like this are only out to make a quick dollar using other peoples hard work, I thank all who took the time to read this and hoping that many of you stay on path to becoming really Bushido Warriors. Remember without Loyal and Honor you have nothing in the World of Martial Arts.
    That may be true. What made this guy cross your radar?

1) More info please. You calling bullshido with nothing but "I checked" doesn't fly on here.
    2) Please provide more information.
    3) Proof of his level Jumps.
    4) Original web address.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast